Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2006, 12:07 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Some Place with a German Name , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia
Lew did you say you are heading up to Breckenridge on you way up to Orgeon? If so, you should note that there are night closures on Hoosier Pass/CO-9 into Breckenridge. You can always bypass through Leadville on US24 to CO-91 and hit I-70 at Copper Mountain and down to Frisco/CO-9.
Westfalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 12:45 PM   #22
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfalia
Lew did you say you are heading up to Breckenridge on you way up to Orgeon? If so, you should note that there are night closures on Hoosier Pass/CO-9 into Breckenridge. You can always bypass through Leadville on US24 to CO-91 and hit I-70 at Copper Mountain and down to Frisco/CO-9.
Thanks for the heads-up! As fate would have it, I will not be headed to Breckenridge this trip as work kept me in FL a couple of weeks longer than anticipated. After the stop in Placitas, NM, I'll probably be heading right to Hood River, but one never knows what one will encounter along the way.....now do one?
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 12:48 PM   #23
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by artlink
Ahh, the call of the road…

Adventure, romance, excitement…..

Be safe out there Lew, thanks for all your help, and advice.

Keep us all posted on your travels.

Michael
.....................................and bike riding, windsurfing, motorcycle riding, NW micro-brews and no alarm clocks!!.....can't wait.

I'll be posting along the way!
Old 06-16-2006, 01:01 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

1995 35' Land Yacht Diesel
Noblesville , Indiana
Lew,

Your advise has been priceless. If you were coming through the Central Indiana area I'd serve up a cold one and there is plenty of parking and 30A service beside the LY. Hell, I'd move the LY and just let you have all the space! Just 30 minutes north of I-70 off I-69. Cell # on profile. Have a great summer.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:34 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1978 24' Argosy 24
Woodinville , Washington
Lew,
What type of bike riding, mtn or road? There's lots of both around western Washington just up the road (i.e. I-5) from Hood River. We need lots of detail work done on our Argosy 24. Do you get into stuff like rebuilding pocket doors, fixing tambors, etc? We'll be gone the month of August but could drop off the trailer for a week or two in Hood River during July. Or, if you're making a swing north after leaving Hood River then I guess there's no reason we have to be there to have you work on the trailer (we're not taking it to Ireland
)

-Bernie
bhayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 03:09 PM   #26
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunworks
Lew,

Your advise has been priceless. If you were coming through the Central Indiana area I'd serve up a cold one and there is plenty of parking and 30A service beside the LY. Hell, I'd move the LY and just let you have all the space! Just 30 minutes north of I-70 off I-69. Cell # on profile. Have a great summer.
GW,

Thanks so much for your kind words. It's really nice to know that I can make a positive contribution to this Forum. I will definitely bank your offer in the 'raincheck' file and be sure to give a shout if/when I'm in the area!
Old 06-16-2006, 03:11 PM   #27
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhayden
Lew,
What type of bike riding, mtn or road? There's lots of both around western Washington just up the road (i.e. I-5) from Hood River. We need lots of detail work done on our Argosy 24. Do you get into stuff like rebuilding pocket doors, fixing tambors, etc? We'll be gone the month of August but could drop off the trailer for a week or two in Hood River during July. Or, if you're making a swing north after leaving Hood River then I guess there's no reason we have to be there to have you work on the trailer (we're not taking it to Ireland
)

-Bernie
Hi Bernie,

Why don't you drop me a note to lew@gorge.net and we'll 'talk' more on this.

PS: I ride both, but have to get a new road ride after some low life stole my 15lb Giant TCR carbon race bike right out of my garage a few weeks ago. It's already on order from the shop in Hood River and should be there when I arrive!!
Old 06-22-2006, 08:30 PM   #28
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Talking Final bump

Well, it's almost time to get the flock out-a-here!!

I'm just finishing up the packing (or should I say 'shoe-horning') trying to fit all of the toys, goodies, some clothes and........ oh ya, my motorcycle in the van....along with all of my tech tools so I can work on the road. Quite a challenge.

I'll be pulling out on Sat morning and will keep in touch with progress reports as cell service allows.

Clancy Boy, KLevan and Silver Toy.......I'm headed your way!!!!!!!!!!

SEE YA ON THE ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!