Old 06-18-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
Rivet Master
2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Help with Recommended Camp Sites Trip out west

It has been a while since I posted a thread.

Peter and I are headed out West to Edmonton Alberta. He has exciting news that he has been accepted into the Islet Transplant program one of 20 applicants for a comprehensive study and potential transplant procedure.

We are heading out for his final week of assessments and keeping our fingers crossed that he meets all the requirements, for potentially becoming diabetes free. He has late-onset-youth diabetes.

Anyway we are leaving July 2nd and catching a Cubs Game on July 3rd in Chicago - from there we want to run the US side up to Alberta and wondering if anyone has any great recommendations for sites and campgrounds that are dog friendly and full hook ups?

Our next leg is on the Canadian side running to Banff and then up to Jasper and have to be into our reservation for the 10th at Whitemud Creek Golf and RV resort just outside of the Edmonton University where his tests are being done for the week of July 12-16. So any recommendations for a good route and campsites would be great too.

Next I will be putting Peter on a plane on the 17th home and I am heading down into Kalispell to meet a friend for a week of golf Hiking and shooting the mountains. I am looking for any recommendations for the 23-27th - I can get into the West Glacier KOA - has anyone stayed there? And does anyone know of a nice Private Campground with wifi and full hookups that are dog friendly in that area around Whitefish and the Glacier Park?

Then my friend flies home and I am off to meet Diane in Denver!! I am really excited as Diane and I have been e-mailing for 6 years now (ever since the first hint of the infamous "WBCCI Name Change") and we will finally have a chance to meet in person.

I have another friend flying out to meet me in Denver and spend about 4 days in the area then head east toward Kansas City where we will meet up with more friends.

From there I am running to the OuterBanks to meet more friends that are flying in from England.

On the way home I hope to once again stop into see my friend Dannie in Walnut Cove as my last trip I had barely enough time to breeze through.

So that is basically my route and would love to hear of any favourite spots you may suggest and road areas that I should avoid.
Everything will be alright in the end. If it is not alright now, then it is not the end.
GT1963 is offline   Reply With Quote