Old 04-21-2009, 02:54 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
2005 28' International CCD
Palm Beach Gardens , Florida
Help in Santa Fe, NM

Pam and I are on our first trip and hope to arrive in Santa Fe, NM in the next week or two. Our trip started in Florida and we have already come to the conclusion that some of the parks that look the best online or in Woodall's are pretty bad when you get there. We are still newbies so we would like full hookups. If we Google RV Parks in New Mexico it looks like there are 6-8 possibilities but was hoping that some of you could give us some feedback on your favorite place to stay when you visit Santa Fe.

Any help would be appreciated.

John and Pam

John Geisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:25 PM   #2
Well Preserved

1974 31' Sovereign
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
There is a KOA in Santa Fe. I've learned that, while generally KOAs are not all that great, they tend to at least have a minimum as far as conditions. You could always move to a "better" RV park after you get there.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #3
Commercial Member
1967 30' Sovereign
Los Lunas , New Mexico
Most folks I've run across who want a full-service RV park seem to rave about either Santa Fe Skies or Trailer Ranch. If you don't want a full-service park, check back with us. There are lots of opportunities near Santa Fe!

Of course, you could bypass Santa Fe outright and come down to Albuquerque to the Vintage Restoration Rally. Maybe too late to register, but you might still get a spot at the park where they're doing the rally. It's Enchanted Trails out on the west mesa just off of I40.

WBCCI 21043
eubank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:06 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member
2007 25' International CCD
Lamy , New Mexico
John and Pam, I would recommend Santa Fe Skies for a full service park. We stayed there while building the house.

When you get in, drop us a PM and we can give you some area info.

Howard and Carolyn

Four Corners Unit Treasurer
WBCCI 5279, AIR #24915
Howard E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #5
Blue Highways Explorer
2015 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2004 19' International CCD
7,650' , Colorado
We have stayed at Santa Fe Skies and Rancheros de Santa Fe. Santa Fe Skies is nice, just south of town on I-25. It's convenient but a little sparse for trees or privacy. Rancheros is further west on I-25 and more remote with trees and terrain. Much nicer if you are looking for a little more atmosphere. It is right next to the KOA.

There are a couple of parks in town but you will be parked much tighter and by busy streets so the noise level could be higher.

I assume you are there to see the city so not looking for a "camping" experience. Try Maria's for good Mexican and margaritas. Also just down the street (Old Las Vegas Hwy.) from Rancheros is Harry's Roadhouse. Good food.
mojo is offline   Reply With Quote