Old 03-12-2015, 05:55 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
Heading west from Illinois to Colorado

We are heading west next month from central Illinois to Colorado. Thinking about taking rt 36 just for fun. Ive done the I80 and the I70 routes several times. Once in CO we will be up around Ft Collins for a few days, then down around Golden and finally ending up near Colorado Springs at the Classic Motorhome get together. Im looking for suggestions for the following;

Need overnight stop in MO somewhere around St Joseph area. Was thinking about Pershing SP. Then one more overnight in Kansas, was thinking about Prairie Dog SP.

Then in CO need suggestions for the Fort Collins area, maybe something in the Poudre Valley.

Then suggestions for the area around Golden.

We have never camped out in Colorado before and would like to get up in the mountains a little bit but not as far up as Estes or the like.

Would appreciate any suggestions, including overnight stops along rt 36 on the way out. Thank you so much.

Mike n Lynn

mayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:21 AM   #2
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We made this drive on 36 several times, when there were kids and grands in Colorado Springs.

It takes longer, but it's so much more interesting than the interstates.

Be careful about mountain areas so early in the Spring, as there can still be a lot of snow.

Have a great time!

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:20 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
Thanks Maggie.
I should have included that while in CO we would like to have electric hook ups but not opposed to boon docking a night or two.
mayco is offline   Reply With Quote