Old 10-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
2011 27 FB International
St Louis , Missouri
Headed for McAllen, Texas

My wife and I are headed for McAllen, Texas for part of the winter. I am a photographer and have heard good things about this area for photo ops. Any recommendations on good places to stay, in or around that area? Thanks.

Jay53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:58 AM   #2
2006 25' Classic
Ft Worth , Texas
We were thinking along the same lines. Hope you get some good feed back. CU AP

Airperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Hi...I lived there for about20 plus years ...what are you looking for? Lots of parks each with its own "flavor" and activities. Most are superb and you wont have problems. The wild life of South Texas is a photographers heaven. There is even an international photo contest during the Winter...check any Chamber down there. The resacas all are unique for photogs too. Just ask if you have questions...
"If it can't be reduced, reused, repaired, rebuilt, refurbished, refinished, resold, recycled or composted
then it should be restricted, redesigned or removed from production."
Melody Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:44 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member
2005 28' Safari
tellico plains , tn
snowbirding in texas

we are returning for our second stay in january 2012 in mission, tx. (mission bell r.v. resort).....great place to stay...check out their website. we enjoyed everything about the area. good restaurants, friendly folks, great grocery stores (h.e.b.), great weather in january, lots to see and do.
highly recommend.
ohwally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:52 PM   #5
2005 28' Safari
Hillsboro , Texas
Send a message via MSN to njoysrvin
We usually go to Fun N Sun , its closer to South Padre Island. Ken likes to play pool and I like art....there are sooooo many activities there...But there are parks for all interest.
njoysrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:52 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member
2006 30' Classic
st louis , Missouri
We have a RV lot at Green Gate Grove in Mission. There are many parks to stay. Look for McAllen, Mission, Donna etc for RV parks. There are probably 150 and they will all tell you they are the best. I'll look to see if I have any info on all the parks. Send a private message to us since we are here in St. Louis too.

Great weather there.

2wired is offline   Reply With Quote