Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-16-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari SS SE
Camarillo , California
Has anyone tried Fort Getty Campground in Rhode Island?

We're thinking of spending a month in our Safari 25 at Fort Getty Campground (Jamestown Island) in RI.

The views look spectacular, but the trailers look very close together and we're not sure about the condition of the bathroom/showers.

Anyone tried this park?

Thanks!
Eckhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:59 PM   #2
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Sorry, no experience with RI at all. But I am curious why you'd choose to spend a month anywhere. There's so much to see and do....

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:15 AM   #3

1985 25' Sovereign
east Greenwich , Rhode Island
Went there yesterday to check it out, the view is great, the place is clean and maintained ,but facilities are minimal. Bathrooms were locked.
lhr325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:12 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari SS SE
Camarillo , California
Thanks so much for going out of your way to check it out. What you describe sounds good to me - great view, clean and maintained. Minimal facilities aren't a problem for us.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:15 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari SS SE
Camarillo , California
We have lots of family and friends in RI, so we're looking more for a base of operations than anything else. A month will go by quickly.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:52 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
St Paul , Minnesota
Did you end up staying in this campground. I am curious because we are spending next July in Rhode Island.
Jeaton72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:17 PM   #7
Capt W

2013 31' Classic
Jefferson , Massachusetts
We used to keep our boat in Dutch Harbor, Fort Getty forms the southern part of this harbor. It is a beautiful place. Great place for swimming and bicycling. Jamestown is a wonderful town with very friendly people. Nice restaurants; Simpatico is upscale with an eclectic menu (dogs are permitted in the heated out of doors section - they even served our dogs poached chicken breast one time on the house), The Oyster Bar serves traditional American fare with a nice selection of wines, Chop Mist Charlie's features standard pub food, A Slice of Heaven great place for coffee and breakfast all year - they serve dinner in the summer but I've never eaten dinner there, Portugese American Club - I only went there once but the traditional fish stew was excellent, the Tropi-Grille has an out of doors patio that also allows pets. The Narragansett Cafe has recently been renovated, I would classify it as a sports bar with very good pub fare, East Ferry Market and Deli is a very popular breakfast location as it is right across the street from the ferry dock with great views of the water front. McQuade's market is well stocked - we can always count on buying fresh squeezed unpasteurized orange juice here, don't miss the Village Hearth for the finest wood oven baked breads and pastries, they have expanded and now offer lunch and pizza, finally for the freshest seafood go to Zeke's on North Road at Zeke's creek if anyone does, he will have Striped Bass.

I hope this helps

Wayne
wrochdvm is offline   Reply With Quote