Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-24-2014, 11:24 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2013 19' Flying Cloud
Wheat Ridge , Colorado
Great place to camp in Vail

We stayed at Gore Creek Campground in Vail, CO, and had a great time.

This was our first time visiting Gore Creek Campground. We arrived on a Friday around 1 pm, during a nice rain shower. By the time we found our campsite, the rain had ended, and we were able to back into our spot with no difficulty. Our site was along the Gore Creek, but not so close that we could see it. But we were able to hear the rushing water with no problem.

Gore Creek Campground was very quiet and peaceful. The campground was full, but it did not feel crowded. There are three loops, two for tents/campers (nothing to large) and one for hike in camping. The hike in campsites were large with lots of room to spread out. I highly recommend them if you are tent camping. I only rated the campsite as 75% because there is no drinkable water located at the campground, contrary to what Reserve America website states. We had to go to West Vail (Conoco) to fill up our six gallon container.

We've added this as a post to our camping blog, and there are LOTS of pictures. Please, click the link below and like our page! ENJOY!

Gore Creek Campground, Vail CO, Summer 2014 | Our Glamping Adventures

Check out our Glamping-Adventures blog. We post about camping in Colorado, and the surrounding states.
Two Chicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:25 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
GLENDALE , AZ
Excellent blog and great photos! -- I just bookmarked your Website for future reading.

Thanks for posting link; I'm sure you'll have more followers from AirForums!
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 06:37 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1999 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Marietta , Georgia

Beautiful pictures! I'm taking notes for our next trip out that way and following your blog too. Thanks for posting!
karenjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:41 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2013 19' Flying Cloud
Wheat Ridge , Colorado
Thanks, for the nice comments. We had such a great time staying at Gore Creek CG. We are definitely going back!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Check out our Glamping-Adventures blog. We post about camping in Colorado, and the surrounding states.
Two Chicks is offline   Reply With Quote