Old 05-04-2008, 03:22 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2007 22' International CCD
Tunbridge , Vermont
I checked out the other thread about the $300 list price, battery operated camera and hand-held receiver screen. That appears to be a "back up camera" only where as the $99 one I've been touting can be mounted with velcro, gets power from your truck or rv, has the camera mounted in an adjustable angle, click-stop bracket for best view, AND the most remarkable thing is that you'll never tow without it once you've used it on the back of your Airstream as a "rear view mirror."

The superwide lens is easy to get used to and you can see all the trucks, approaching cars, tailgating vehicles, the white lines on the road, etc. with just a glance. After a few hundred miles of getting used to it, you can tell when it is safe to pull in, even when you can't see the dummy behind you in your mirrors. This thing REALLY is a boon to trailering, not just backing up.

At night, it is easy to judge distant headlights of vehicles overtaking your rig, and if you want to see better behind you, tap your brakes to bring the rear lights on and everything for 50 ft or so is bathed in a nice red glow.

It takes very little light to provide a good picture and backing into a campsite at night should be a dream with this camera. When you stop near a street light or for gas, the camera shows an image as clear as daylight compared to what you see in your mirrors.

Buy one for $69 at Costco or order it from Amazon. If you don't agree with me that it is as great as I say it is, the next time you are in Vermont, drop by my house and if I'm here, I'll give you your money back for it.

(Oh, be sure to call from the town's general store to get directions.)

AIR 26504
WBCCI 2980
2007 22 ft International CCD
2007 Tahoe 4X4
Hensley Arrow
[prior AS: 1986 Excella 32 ft ]

Whoever said "Money can't buy happiness" never owned a custom made bamboo fly rod.
Pete Vermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:32 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2007 22' International CCD
Tunbridge , Vermont
Here is a link from the Costco site to the Installation Instructions. (Don't believe the 19-feet limitation.) And, you can easily mount the screen--which comes out of the dash mount stand--on your rearview mirror with a little Velcro. Then just glance up at it as you would your mirror. I think I might try this and work the power cord around the window so it doesn't dangle from the mirror.

http://www.costco.com/Images/Content...PDF/261746.pdf

AIR 26504
WBCCI 2980
2007 22 ft International CCD
2007 Tahoe 4X4
Hensley Arrow
[prior AS: 1986 Excella 32 ft ]

Whoever said "Money can't buy happiness" never owned a custom made bamboo fly rod.
Pete Vermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:50 PM   #17
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Vermont
I checked out the other thread about the $300 list price, battery operated camera and hand-held receiver screen....
which is NOT the subject of the 3 threads offered.

the links provided are ALL to the vr3 unit.

including pictures, installs, 'testing distances' and so on....

do a simple search for vr3, not much has changed in 18 months.

it's great you like it and so on, but it's not new.

cheer
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote