Closed Thread
Old 10-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #71
Rivet Master
1990 25' Excella
Sisters , Oregon
Another Insult

The following upsets me greatly.

My good friend, Col. Jack (Black Jack) Matthews, is a highly respected retired Marine combat officer. He left a lot in Nam, including his right leg. In addition to his prowess as a warrior he is a Notre Dame graduate and has a PhD in history. He deals with a lot of pain these days and has one big passion - he conducts a trip annually that tours Revolutionary and Civil War battlefields.

Jack prepares for these trips all year and is well known for providing informed passionate lectures at each of the stops. His wife Marie spends several months putting together the itinerary and organizing the logistics.

The group flew to the East Coast on Monday to begin the trip. Only to find that most of the sites that they are scheduled to visit are CLOSED. They're closed to a war hero trying to deliver on his true passion. Jack deals with a lot and he LIVES for these trips.

I'm sick and tired of this. It really fires up my sense of justice when selfishness causes bad things to happen to good people.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #72
3 Rivet Member
2004 28' Classic
austin , Texas
PharmaGeek your buddy on Alan's Grand Canyon trip? My son and fifteen others on Alan's crew are camped at the entrance to the road to the put in point...hoping and praying that something happens that will let them start their rafting expedition. They have been planning their 21 day trip for almost two years. They drove up to the turn to the put- in just as the gates were closing on Tuesday. They were supposed to camp on the banks of the river that night and begin their trip through the canyon the next morning. They saw the last of the boats scheduled to leave that day take off. Those lucky folks will get to finish their trip. But my son and his friends are just waiting ...probably in vain. With them is a man with terminal MS who was counting on this as his last gasp at the outdoor sports he loves, several young people who have scrimped and saved for years to afford this, folks who have jeopardized jobs etc. i know it doesn't compare to the fear of moms who will soon lose the help they receive in feeding their kids, but it is a heartbreaker for those involved. Attached are pictures of their camp, where they remain still hoping for a miracle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4018706747.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	579.4 KB
ID:	196991   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4275264344.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	608.1 KB
ID:	196992  

Old 10-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #73
2 Rivet Member
1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Pittsville , Maryland
Funny the sun still doing it's own thing . You know going up and down with no fed help or telling it what to do . DON'T TREAD ON ME

But am going to be camping or something like at the Red Shale National Park . . . bolt cutters and the deed .
Ice Berg
Old 10-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #74
Rivet Master
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Breaking into federal property, shut down or not, is a federal crime—the Constitution (Art. III) authorizes Congress to create courts which may hear federal criminal cases. Planning to use boltcutters shows intent to commit the crime and taking action will make an open and shut case.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #75

Vintage Kin Owner
1973 Avion Travelcader 25' , ...
<<Mod Mode>>

We understand that topic drift occurs and we make every effort to let threads flow along with member dialog and interests. Today we removed material that delves into politics with no apparent association to RV'ing and included several rants directed at one or more members.

The fact that this is still an on going issue after several recent requests by the site team to keep things reasonably on topic is troubling. This thread is now closed.

The Site Team

"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."

Eleanor Roosevelt

Closed Thread