Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-07-2016, 01:06 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

1984 27' Sovereign
Central , Oklahoma
Sorry for your loss. Airstreaming dogs have the best in life. Memories forever and "all dogs go to heaven."
Hiwheel Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:07 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member

2013 23' FB International
Methow , Washington
Sorry to hear about Jake, we are just into our second Golden, what a challenge, but what a great buddy to travel with, anywhere, anytime!
Rufrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:15 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' International
Fidalgo Island , Washington
I have a Golden. I'm crying real tears for you. I know it hurts, but I know you'd do it all again in-spite of the pain of losing him. It's the price we pay for all of that unconditional love that's been lavished on us, and it's worth every penny.
Oregon Ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:17 PM   #24
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Sad
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:28 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
The Best Place to Bury a Dog

...Beneath a cherry tree, or an apple, or any flowering shrub, is an excellent place to bury a good dog. Beneath such trees, such shrubs, he slept in the drowsy summer, or gnawed at a flavorous bone, or lifted head to challenge some strange intruder. These are good places, in life or in death. Yet it is a small matter. For if the dog be well remembered, if sometimes he leaps through your dreams actual as in life, eyes kindling, laughing, begging, it matters not at all where that dog sleeps.

On a hill where the wind is unrebuked, and the trees are leafing, or beside a stream he knew in puppyhood, or somewhere in the flatness of a pastureland where most exhilarating cattle graze. It is all one to the dog, and all one to you, and nothing is gained, and nothing lost--if memory lives.

But there is one best place to bury a dog. If you bury him in this spot, he will come to you when you call - come to you over the grim, dim frontiers of death, and down the well remembered path, and to your side again. And though you call a dozen living dogs to heel they shall not growl at him, nor resent his coming,for he belongs there. People may scoff at you who see no lightest blade of grass bend by his footfall, who hear no whimper, people who may never really have had a dog. Smile at them, for you shall know something that is hidden from them, and that is well worth the knowing.

The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of his master.

Ben Hur Chapman
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:48 PM   #26

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
What a great life you gave him! I sure he always knew he was loved!

Stefrobrts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 01:53 PM   #27
Lovin' the Mountains

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Scottsdale , Arizona
My heartfelt sympathies. I know the pain.
tomsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:03 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
Joshua Tree , California
I'm so sorry for your loss, SilverEagle. It is so hard to say goodbye to our beloved companions. I do not relish the Day when our Border Collie leaves us. Again. Sorry for your loss....
StarckMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:12 PM   #29
Stardust

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Seabrook , Texas
So sorry

I am sorry Jake crosse over the rainbow bridge. He was a beautiful boy.
Thursday we had to put our 20 year old cat down. We were getting ready to start taking him on trips.
It's so hard.
nwdionne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:16 PM   #30
Classy Roscoe

Jake is not gone! Jake has just gone ahead to find the next spot to camp and explore. It's his job and obviously he does his job very well. Us left behind have you in out thoughts.

Happy Trails...Jake.
Jekerrville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:19 PM   #31
3 Rivet Member

texas , Texas
So sorry. We had to put down our 16 year old cat last week. She traveled thousands of miles with us, sitting in my wife's lap under a little blanket. Sat for many hours looking out the window of our trailer. She watched deer, chipmunks, and even a couple of bear. Slept on the bed. Everywhere we look, we see her. I am attaching a tribute to a dog that says much about how loyal they are. Our heart aches as well.

Gentlemen of the Jury: The best friend a man has in the world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us, may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads.

The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog. A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer. He will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings, and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.

If fortune drives the master forth, an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him, to guard him against danger, to fight against his enemies. And when the last scene of all comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by the graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad, but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even in death.

George Graham Vest - c. 1855
Old 05-07-2016, 02:24 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1999 28' Excella
New Orleans , Louisiana
Jackson and I know the pain and we all know it gets better with time. We started full-timing a little over 3 yrs ago and just lost our Pink (Springer Spaniel). Our blog is www.lifeonthebluehighways.com and started with The Three Fools. We do miss our pups and yes that unconditional love. So sorry.
badkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:55 PM   #33
3 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Sunriver , Oregon
So sorry to hear of your loss. Every time I start thinking of my lost ones which I've had
several. I remember the crazy things we went through and I find comfort from that and a few tears of happiness and it feels like their with me again. Thank you for sharing your pictures and words it touches us all. Warmest Regards...
mcomeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:04 PM   #34
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
We humans could learn a lot from dogs. It sucks that their lives are so short.

Condolences.

Superat stultitia.

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:52 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2008 19' Bambi
2012 23' Flying Cloud
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Bandera , Texas
Trying to keep the tears off the iPhone in responding. Ours was "Alex", she didn't make it to our AS acquisition and travels, but, we feel your loss.
banderabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:56 PM   #36
3 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
1990 34' Excella
Charleston , South Carolina
I know how much you miss him as we lost our two 14 year old Goldens several years ago. He looked like a great friend & travel companion. Goldens are the best.

Jane & Scott
skitique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 05:00 PM   #37
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
Condolences for your loss. So sorry. Would have enjoyed the opportunity to meet your best friend. Our girls would have liked him for sure. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 05:27 PM   #38
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Stowe , Vermont
Sorry for your loss.
VT Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 05:54 PM   #39
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Newberg , Oregon
So sorry for your loss. We have almost always had dogs, and no matter the breed, they are the best. You will always miss them, but in time, the memories will bring a smile to your heart. Peace.

Mike
Caffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:28 PM   #40
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
😢

Very sorry Jake has passed. Sounds like you gave each other some wonderful memories. I hope that's a comfort to you.
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote