Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2019, 11:59 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
Tucson , Arizona
Good Sam Trip Planner to Close

Received an email saying the Good Sam Trip Planner is closing down April 10 not to return until the end of 2019! They will make an interim planner available.

I wrote to them and here's the explanation I got. Makes all the sense in the world, but you wonder what the Vendor is thinking.

"Thank you for your inquiry regarding the trip planner. The contract with our trip planning vendor is nearing expiration. Unfortunately, to continue the partnership the vendor required that we pay them three times more per month than what we are currently paying for the service.

"This was unexpected.

"If we would have continued the relationship with the vendor we would have had to either increase our membership prices or look at discontinuing other member benefits to offset the increase in price. In order to keep our membership prices low, we decided to discontinue our relationship with the current vendor and find another solution.

"Our digital team has been working diligently to find other trip planning services that are BETTER than what our current vendor offers. That being said, we are confident that we will have a trip planning solution that is comparable to our current vendor very soon. Our goal is to launch a more robust program with enhanced features by the end of the year.

"We understand that the trip planning tool is very important to our members and we hate making this change, especially during the beginning of camping season. However, we didn’t feel that our members should be penalized because of an astronomical price increase set forth by our trip planning vendor.

The Ice Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:29 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Jacksonville , Florida
Within the last 8 to 10 months it has gotten slower and less usefull. I was leaving it before it left me.
Overstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 01:05 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 27' Classic FB
Ridgefield , Washington
I'm in the minority but I liked the Good Sam trip planner for my long term planning.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:38 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Jacksonville , Florida
The Good Sam Trip Planner had limited print options for planning and limited filter and trip profile options. I'm thinking scrapping the old one and starting a new one that is more competitive is a good thing.
Overstreet is offline   Reply With Quote