Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-23-2008, 07:58 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Airstream of Spokane

You know Airstream of Spokane. They have that marvelous animated gif of the bicyclist pulling the Airstream on their web site and Karyn posts those comprehensive shots of the new models. Well it was my good fortune to have a short stay at Airstream of Spokane.

Another short drive and I was courtesy parking at Airstream of Spokane. The crickets were chirping and the high school band was practising. It was quite the welcome evening serenade. Karyn and Nick are fabulous people and we had a wonderful visit. Time flew swapping story after story. I had such a great time and truly appreciated the welcome and hospitality. I would have liked to have stayed on and on.

Inside glass topped counters display pictures of new Airstream owners and their new Airstreams and some shared pictures of their travels. Airstream of Spokane sponsors such super events such as the rally they gave with the Trailer Park Troubadours performing and attending and then jamming with others around the campfire. I wish I had been there. They also sponsored a group of Airstreamers who are planning to attend the Capetown to Cairo Caravan for a rally right on site and gave informative seminars. How cool is that? Exactly, so stop in and see these people, put them on your list of fine Airstream dealers for when you are in the area, you won't be sorry. They fixed me right up with great service and supplies and had me in good order in no time and right back Airstreaming.

Thank you Karyn, Nick and Doug!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9084.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	62757   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9088.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	62758  

Name:	IMG_9090.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	62759   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9093.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	62760  

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:10 PM   #22
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
so are you going to see us at International?
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:39 PM   #23
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Probably not unless I have a wild hankering to see more silver than green. PM me your cell number and if I anticipate driving to the University I'll give you a jingle to see just where you are. Otherwise you may see me if you look quick on I90 in Bozeman.

We will be relying on you and your blog to bring us the stories and pictures!!!! I'll be following you...

photography
Old 06-23-2008, 09:29 PM   #24
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Hamilton Montana

I drove to Hamilton Montana and stayed at a local campground. On the way from Spokane I drove through Cours d'Arlene. That is a beautiful area with gorgeous houses tiered up the mountains and down to the water, each unique and inviting retreats and show places. Tomorrow I will meet up with Donna (Dieter Dog) and we will have a visit. I haven't seen Donna since the International rally in Salem Oregon on 2006. It's going to be fun catching up. The weather has warmed to the 80s and projected to be warmer still tomorrow. Got my first mosquito bite and relocated from my intended campground because they are expecting the water to rise tomorrow.

This campground is called Black Rabit RV Park. Rabbits are everywhere. It's almost surreal. You can easily spot 2-8 rabbits in almost any direction you look, between RVs, under cars, across the grass. Once raised domestically and now multiplied and living in the wild, they pepper the campround with gentle antics and graceful poses. The evening cooled off to be refreshing from the day's heat and as the sun lowered crickets sang, birds flew, and clouds made unusual formations across the sky.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_9114.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	62773   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0003.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	301.8 KB
ID:	62774  

Name:	PICT0006.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	62775   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9149.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	295.0 KB
ID:	62776  

photography
Old 06-23-2008, 09:46 PM   #25
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
How cute!!! How far are you from Bozeman?

Old 06-23-2008, 11:33 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Great photo journaling Carol,, enjoyed your trip vicariously,, have not been to the Olympic Penninsula in many years,,, Black Rabbit is fun,, i treasured your visit,, hope you are not having too many traumtic situations,,, post soon,,, safe travails,,, donna
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:03 AM   #27
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Ah Donna, it was all great fun for me too and I am happy to report I have been having miles of smiles. Keep your fingers crossed though, I still have a few more to go...

Which brings me to my next post, and then I will be caught up to where I am staying now in Fairmount. And Bozeman Laura is 110 miles away from Fairmont. In fact I met some Airstreamers from Victoria yesterday who left here this morning to go to the International today.

I got to spend an entire day with Donna and she gave me the tour of her town of Hamilton. We had a full day chock full of fun and local samplings! First on the agenda was the Farmer's Market. There were gifted artists from the community with jewelry, watercolors, wooden bowls, carvings, leather goods, sculptures, imports and exotic wares, home made breads, jams, salsas, flowers, produce, everything imaginable. The market is held weekly and musicians play during the entire market hours.
I left with a beautiful columbine plant from Donna to dress up my Airstream table, fresh baked wheat bread, salsa and pico degallo. Common denominator here...yes, I just love to eat!

We then went to a local bakery for lunch. There were more choices than I have ever seen offered of specialty breads, meats, cheeses, vegetables and spreads. My half sandwich was larger than any full sandwich so I actually had enough for another scrumptous meal. I grabbed a fudge brownie for later. YUM!

I finally met "Dieter Dog" himself and his companion, two little sweeties, a dachshund and a pug, (I think.) Donna owns two Airstreams a new 16' Bambi and a 25' Safari. Donna has an amazing flair for decorating. The Bambi is styled with textures, baskets, hand strung beads and copper strands and romantic movie posters. Also notice the Airstream pillow made by Lou Woodruff, another very crafty woman. In the Safari custom fabrics cover the chair and sofa and the boudoir is fresh with white and floral. Personal touches adorn the interior and bring a smile and a feeling of warmth and home. Donna shared one of her tips for decorating, "Fishing line is a girl's best friend," she told me, used to string and suspend all manner of decoration invisibly and securely.

We had rootbeer floats at a parlor to recharge and cool off for browsing and shopping in town. I had to get a Montana shirt of course. Then supper at a popular hot spot with a crowd of both locals and visitors. Huge burgers (Montana has great beef) and a fixings bar. And all the while we gabbed and gabbed. Donna thanks a million! You really did my visit up royal.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_9122.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	62777   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9125.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	62778  

Name:	IMG_9129.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	62779   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9132.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	62780  

photography
Old 06-24-2008, 04:39 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Wow!

Thanks for the great pictures, Carol! I talk to Donna everynight and NOW I finally get to see her picture! Thanks a million! Good job of decorating, Donna! Now we get to see the real thing!
Carol, safe travels. Keep us posted on where you are and what is happening along the way.
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:52 PM   #29
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Probably not unless I have a wild hankering to see more silver than green.
Hankering here! OK so I DID change my mind, I am in Bozeman at the International. Red 2 Row 2 #17241...more soon.

That aluminum transmits real silver power, it has control...

There is plenty of green here, view of the mountains all around and gorgeous campus.

photography
Old 06-26-2008, 01:01 PM   #30
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Way to go Carol. Send us some pictures please...and some commentary on what's happening. My Georgia unit says that the motorhome issue isn't necessarily dead, just in a coma 'till next year.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:45 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Hi Carol! I loved your slideshow. Brought back great memories of riding across Montana, Idaho, the northwest (in my case Eastern Oregon not Washington). It's beautiful country out there, for sure. I could live in Idaho anyday, just find me a job.

Enjoy Bozeman! Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:56 PM   #32
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
We are here also, we are located in Red 1 row 3. Look for the Airstream, you cant miss us!

Old 06-27-2008, 05:03 PM   #33
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Laura
I finally found the link to your blog DAH! Right in front of my face. Nice job.Read every word from the begining. Thanks, I enjoyed it. Glad to See U and the BOSS made it safe.
Have fun and keep it commin. See ya in August.
Roger
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:11 PM   #34
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Thanks Roger, its tough to update the blog here. The wifi is so limited and there is so much going on but for the next week I should be able to update it once every couple days!

Old 07-01-2008, 06:44 PM   #35
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Great photos Carol!! Thanks for sharing your adventure with us!
Old 07-01-2008, 07:41 PM   #36
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Laura
Don't worry about it. U just have fun and enjoy your time there. Update when U can. U and Carol are doing a great job of keeping us posted with pics and commentary. I Have enjoyed it.
Acourse I'm jealous cause we aren't there.Take lots of pics girl I wanna see.
Enjoy, BE Safe
See ya
Roger
PS Say hey to the AIRBOSS FER ME OK
Thanks
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:59 PM   #37
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Had a great time at the International. I saw so many old and new friends. Laura and Ralph, Michael, Leo, thanks all, so good to see you again. Saw the usual suspects in vintage, cool as always!!! My new neighbors Kate and Tuney, Glenda and Howard, Gail and Don, you ROCK!

Tom, I sat through the delegate voting and Leo Garvey and Bob Thompson gave them a great run with their many unanimous units' votes. It was great. Good job of running from the floor guys, next year, you bet! I didn't hear more than rumors about the MoHo issue coming up while I was in attendance, but there were more meetings than the one I went to. Members of the 2020 committee met at the VAC tent for feedback. There was much interest and comments and ideas.

Usual glitzes for facilities, had to spend the night without electricity and make some inquieries to get the electricians out the next day, the pump-out schedule stuck with dates with stubborn stickers I can't get off was abandoned, dog waste bins were collected two days before the rally ended, many vendors and participants were long gone before July 5th, (nothing new there.)

We had gusty winds each evening and a good dirt storm outside the stadium one day, and at least one awning torn off by the arms. We raced around closing awnings, ours and others not present.

Orie placed second in the pet show for tricks, just for fun and doggie socialization, I entered him to catch his kong from high tosses, really surprised me to take a ribbon for it. I'm a proud mama and little Orie had his 5 minutes of fame.

Some of the entertainment was great, much was geared for the old timers as was even the new nightstreamers dance which was restricted to country western...the dj could not play "Baby's got Back." No young people were in attendance and only one couple was actually dancing before Laura and I took a pass on it.

The vintage parade was one of the best, many units gorgeous day, impressive. The traditional fourth of July parade was indoors as usual and I left after 2 units showing, more akin to micro skits of fun and antics with a theme.

Caught the installation of officers, they played the graduation march coming in, white tuxes formal gowns, lots of speeches and pinning going on. Also caught a glimpse of the formal dinner setting before hand, very swank.

There were two WBCCI bands both terrific. Ballroom dancing was fun to watch and listen to and I wondered how they looked 50 years ago, still sweet and energetic to this day. Someone should decorate the area for ambiance.

Cow pie toss was outside but with frisbies. Wish that event had lasted longer. Due to the number of participants it went quickly.

Many meetings, get-togethers, socials, breakfasts, etc., were held off site across town such as at the Holiday Inn. I would much prefer to remain on site for those kind of activities.

Nightlife in a college town was super and food was great as well. I rode my bike to town on the bike path with friends and had a nice meal on the patio, another time was treated to my first Tapas experience and loved it, and did one evening of bar hopping and I kept to soda only as designated driver. I discovered I don't need to drink to be loud, that's just really me.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_9615.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	63685   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9811.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	63686  

Name:	IMG_9840.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	63689   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9841.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	63690  

photography
Old 07-15-2008, 04:18 PM   #38
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Land Of Enchantment , New Mexico
Wow Carol, the pix in #19 are FABULOUS!!
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:16 PM   #39
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks Jaxon, Ruby Beach was so unique to me. Lou, Steph and Jamie, I should be home soon, thanks for the kudos and encouragement.

Here are a few random shots from the rally.

Artstream (Michael) sporting his survivor shirt in the vendors' area.

Name:	IMG_9611.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	63715

Name:	IMG_9614.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	63716

And another "survivor," Shari (Maxwell) past president of the VAC surrounded by her fork garden and tribute from her devotees. The significance, I asked...stick a fork in it, she's done!

Name:	IMG_9743.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	63717

Name:	IMG_9741.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	63718

Planning the next day's schedule, my neighbor Kate

Name:	IMG_9697.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	63720

The Vintage section was styling' through out!

Name:	IMG_9731.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	63721
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_9740.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	63719  

photography
Old 07-15-2008, 09:18 PM   #40
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Carol these are great, keep posting pictures!!