Old 11-11-2008, 07:14 PM   #29
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Thanks Devoman. One day we are going to make down there. Will probably have to be a week + long trip.

WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:32 PM   #30
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
3rd Times a Charm

Getting ready to go back here shortly in about a couple more months.I will be there on the 28th till the 2nd.There are still some sites left if anyone wants to get one at Boyds Campground.I will be there working again.so stop by the Red garter.I will be in the back painting away.
This time I think I will be heading towards the turnpike and going all the way to the keys.I have some friends going with me this time round.
(We will probably stop on the edge of either Orlando or Miami.)It will be intresting.2 girls and 1 extra guy.He is going to come with me to work for his first time down there.If anyone makes it down.I will be there or at work.

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:55 AM   #31
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoman View Post
...If anyone makes it down.I will be there or at work.
Tough gig, man. I'd like to work under those conditions...America's tropical island and spending time in my Airstream. It doesn't get any better than that.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 08-26-2009, 07:33 AM   #32
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
reno , NV
Quote:
Getting ready to go back here shortly in about a couple more months.I will be there on the 28th till the 2nd.There are still some sites left if anyone wants to get one at Boyds Campground.I will be there working again.so stop by the Red garter.I will be in the back painting away.
This time I think I will be heading towards the turnpike and going all the way to the keys.I have some friends going with me this time round.
(We will probably stop on the edge of either Orlando or Miami.)It will be intresting.2 girls and 1 extra guy.He is going to come with me to work for his first time down there.If anyone makes it down.I will be there or at work.

Does the extra guy have an airstream? If yes, please post photo...of trailer!

Laura
Old 08-27-2009, 11:43 AM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2005 28' Safari
, Georgia
Quote:

Consider the county park in Ft. Pierce, FL. It is just off the turnpike and is a pleasant place to overnight.

Savannas RV park 772-464-7855

It is an easy drive on to Boyd's from there.

Pops
Old 08-27-2009, 03:53 PM   #34
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
I just checked the St. Lucie web site for future reference and it said that the campground would be closed for the summer beginning May 3 through October 1 so you will definitely want to call ahead and make sure they have reopened. The park is open for day use while the camp ground is closed.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 10-14-2009, 06:44 PM   #35
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Leaving

Leaving to go on the 26th in another week and a half.I had to get a lot done this time.
Well...I plan to go camping finally before I leave to make sure everything is a go.
I will be at Boyds campground from the 27th to the 2nd of Nov so if anyone is there,I will be working across the street from Sloppy Joes at Dirty Ricks & The red Garter.You cant miss us.
Then to St.Augustine to see a few friends and hopefully get some surfing in.
Then in a couple of months I will see you all at the Can Opener.
Have fun,Be safe and Happy travels

Old 10-14-2009, 07:56 PM   #36
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Steve,

It's 800 miles from Ft. Walton to Key West......Lake Louisa State Park is half-way......just off the Florida Turnpike near Orlando. In fact, it is not a bad place if you want to visit Disney on the cheap (11 miles away). We stayed there on the way to the Keys last year, and on the way home. We also have reservations there for our trip to the Keys in December.

Have fun at Fantasy Fest......if you need any help, let me know......I have some really tiny paint brushes for the "good looking ones" and a paint roller for the others.

Chief

AIR # 22776
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:47 PM   #37
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Gettin Ready

So...I have been getting ready again for the last several weeks or so but it has been a slow process being that it has been so hot this year to do anything outside.
All I have left is to finish the maintenance on the Touareg
(Which is getting new brakes,Tires,Alignment,oil change,Computer Updates,and whatever else I can think of right now.)
and purchase the chrome belt and grey water tank sensor and get those on and I will be pretty much done.
Is anyone else planning on being down there from Oct 29th - 31st? I will be there for about a week getting there around the Oct 25th - Nov 1st.
I will also be heading up the coast to do some surfing for about another week.I will be in St.Augy for a few days there also so if anyone is there give me a P.M.

Chief....You still have that small brush? I may need some help as it might be a busy one this year.
2 1/2 months to go and it still amazes me as to how much time it can take to get ready and fix things with the stream and vehicle.Then again...I have been taking it a bit slower to make sure things are done without trying to rush it.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #38
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Quote:
Chief....You still have that small brush? I may need some help as it might be a busy one this year.
Hey Steve,

Good to see your posting......you've been a bit quiet this year....we've missed you. Try and stop by for a drink with us at Beachstream.

Unfortunately, Jenn hid the small brush so I would have to rely on "finger painting!"

Ron

AIR # 22776
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote