Old 09-11-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
God Bless America 9 / 11 / 11

Hi from GA. . . watching sober rememberances of 9/11/01 this morning. I was at work & got a text from a co-worker " plane hit bldg in NYC/ see CNN." About other Streamers ? We were certainly all affected... Regards, Craig

Old 09-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
We were just leaving from camping in Nebraska near the Stategic Air Command heading to Yellowstone. We heard it live and thought in disbelief it was a radio show dramatization, like War of the Worlds. As we drove we passed miles of uninterrupted military convoy after convoy heading towards SAC. Frightening and horrific, incredible loss of life and security. What a debt of gratitude we owe the responders that helped save lives at their own jeopardy. The security at the National Parks was very heightened.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:31 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
9/11

I was a senior in high school, sitting in a computer class wishing I was anywhere but were I was. Boy I didnt have a clue how much worse of a place I could be.
A teacher burst through the door screaming "we have been attacked, the towers the towers there gone"..... Everything just seemed to stop and all the Tv's were tooned to the news and everyone sat there speechless trying to grasp what had just happened.
I'll never forget.....

Lord bless our nation, bless our soldiers, bless the ones that were lost that September day, bring our country together and never let us forget.

God Bless,
Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
We were at home. A friend called and said, "Turn on your TV! A plane has hit the World Trade Center in New York."

From then on that day we were glued to the TV watching in disbelief and sadness as the facts began to unfold. The skies were eerily quiet that day once air traffic was shut down.

Not since the day JFK was shot did the nation stop so completely. I'll never forget where I was on that day either...and I was in Jr. High.
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:42 PM   #5
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Why is it, that when a major tragety takes place that has an effect on most Americans, we unite, become one, and fight or strive to cure the problem.

Then, in time, we forget about it, we become divided again, and all go our separate ways.

Maybe politics has something to do with it.

Today, the unfortuate aniversary of a HUGE tragety, we unite once again, but for how long? One or two days?

Be proud, that we are Americans, and don't forget it.

Andy
Old 09-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

1971 25' Caravanner
Olathe , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
Why is it, that when a major tragety takes place that has an effect on most Americans, we unite, become one, and fight or strive to cure the problem.

Then, in time, we forget about it, we become divided again, and all go our separate ways.

Today, the unfortuate aniversary of a HUGE tragety, we unite once again, but for how long? One or two days?

Andy

Well said! We must never forget.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:41 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post

Andy
I feel the same way. So many times we look at what has happened and wonder why no one seems to care. I care and I love the USA and all those who serve us, protect us. May we onlu hope that there are many more looking forward to protecting us. To all service people-----YOU
ARE WHAT MAKES THE USA SO GREAT. AND WE ARE VERY PROUD TO HAVE YOU SERVING US.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:49 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
Matawan , New Jersey
1945 &2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
Well said! We must never forget.
People do not forget and will not forget, but sooner or later people get back to their lives and the act the way they normally did. A sad state of the human condition perhaps, but we humans are for the most part egocentric to a greater or lesser degree. For over a year after 11 September, NYC was as friendly as pretty much any small town in America, believe or not.

I also agree with you regarding Pearl Harbor - I really wish there was a lot more solemnity, reverence and reflection regarding 11 September as there is with Pearl Harbor and with minimal media coverage. It would be nice if the WTC site was treated similarly to the site of the USS ARIZONA, almost like a church as it deserves to be. We are really of one mind here.

2007 23' Safari SE Lounge (IdaJune)
'05 Toyota 4Runner LE 4.7 V8 4WD w/ tow package
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?
Tin Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote