Old 06-26-2005, 01:14 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Post Glacier/Jasper/Banff trip pics

We had a great two week trip to Glacier/Jasper/Banff and wanted to share some scenic pics with the forums members. We stayed at Fish Creek CG on west side of Glacier, but got rained out. Then moved to Many Glacier CG on east side and had wonderful weather. Only saw one other AS the whole trip, and that was in Canada .

You can view them by clicking on my forum name and going to my "member's photos".

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3600sn.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	13023  

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 01:17 PM   #2
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
That's spectacular! Banff is so lovely and cool. Good pic for an avatar.... now to look at the rest.

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 03:51 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
chicagoland , north of cheddar curtain
although awesome is becoming such an overused word, i just have to say......

awesome pictures dude.....

norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 03:54 PM   #4
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Great pictures.Bring back many fond memories.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:17 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Colleyville , Texas
Great pics J&C. Thanks for sharing. It just makes me want to get out of Texas a little sooner and into the high country.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:04 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

2004 25' Safari
Prescott , Arizona
Send a message via AIM to gadgetat Send a message via Yahoo to gadgetat
Wish we were there!

Thanks for sharing your photos! We went on a cross country back in 2002 to visit almost the same areas you did. Not with an Airstream then (but the Airstream idea was hatched on that trip). We spent a month on the road in a Eurovan Weekender with 2 labradors. At the end of the trip we knew we needed more room.

Our photos from that trip, while not Airstream related, are at:
http://abragraphics.net/gallery/2002...002EVTrip.html

Disregard the top bar of the site. One of our several web sites. Just happened to post the trip photos there....need to move them to my personal site soon.

Thanks again for sharing. You've made us REALLY want to get out there again soon!!!!
WBCCI #2551 | blog
gadgetat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 07:51 PM   #7
Cartoon Character

2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Post Great photos!

Petunia and I will be crossing the border into British Columbia next Thursday. Your photos have added to our anticipation ... can't wait to get there.

TrailerGypsies.com
WBCCI #3405 Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 08:55 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
The only thing you will be disappointed with is the lack of AS's in the parks.
All we saw were "Canadream" and "CruiseAmerica", big white box rentals in the parks......mostly Europeans seeing the sights in North America!

2017 28' Signature CCD

Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
Old 06-27-2005, 08:41 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
We just returned from a week camping in Osoyoos, BC with out '51 AS towed by our '57 Pontiac. Did not see another AS being towed nor in the campground of any vintage, saw a couple out in fields or beside barns/houses while travelling, and one what looked like a mid 70's being towed north at Oroville, WA and that was it. Got a LOT of thumbs up from truckers and SOB's, and at times when stopped for gas or food enroute had lot's of picture takers. Banff, Jasper and Glacier Park are two beautiful areas, as well as Lake Louise. They draw a huge number of tourists from Europe and Asia although it's mostly the Europeans who camp and tour in motorhomes. Germany and Britain were teh most common home countries for folks we met on this trip. They kept coming past our groups old trailers and hot rods and taking pictures with them standing in front of the cars and units.
For those heading to the Canadian west this year so far it's been much wetter and windier than in the past few years.

Barry
Old 06-27-2005, 10:40 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
Gnp

Many Glacier is, I think, one of the most beautiful spots in the world. Did you see any Grizzly? They are amazing to see, as long as they aren't in front of you on the trail.
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:03 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Nope.......Didn't see any bears in GNP........but fwiw, I had my "bear bells" with me on trail hikes!

2017 28' Signature CCD

Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
Old 06-27-2005, 06:23 PM   #12
Cartoon Character

2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari57
We just returned from a week camping in Osoyoos, BC ...
Barry ...

Where did you camp in Osoyoos? We plan on driving the Crowsnest (Highway 3) from Hope to Osoyoos in a couple of weeks.

TrailerGypsies.com
WBCCI #3405 Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 07:47 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Great Trip...

We made similar trip in 2004.. (Our Avatar shows Condoluminum nestled into Lake Louise Campground..). All the rented mini-motorhomes are indeed Europeans, for whom a 2 to 4 week vacation is standard.. Too many Americans can't afford the 2 to 3 weeks of time off it takes to get there, explore and enjoy, and get home.. We were only Airstream in the parks as well during last 2 weeks in July, though a WBCCI Caravan had apparently rolled through earlier after leaving following the International Rally...

Take side trips off Glacier Parkway to waterfalls, and hiking trips, though you may want to leave trailer at Jasper or Lake Louise and tour with tow vehicle. It's also well worth trip out onto Glacier at midway point in between.. We paused to let black bears amble across highway just south of Jasper, and paused to socialize with mountain goats walking slowly along the road near Athabasca Glacier.. Definitely not the place to be in a big hurry..

If possible, you might also try to get down into Montana and east side of Glacier National Park, and visit Glacier Lodge in East Glacier... Again, very few Americans because it's so far "out of the way"... Compared to big crowds, full campgrounds and bustle of Yosemite or Yellowstone, it seems almost unfair..

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:36 AM   #14
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky Pig
Barry ...

Where did you camp in Osoyoos? We plan on driving the Crowsnest (Highway 3) from Hope to Osoyoos in a couple of weeks. ig:
Go to the website www.campingosoyoos.com and check out Nk'Mip campground. It's run by the First Nations who also have a winery on site. Well run, clean, easy access on the east side of Osoyoos. When you go onto the site, if you click on the actual site number it will come up with a picture of that spot. We've been in site 130 for a couple of years and last year, pre-AS, we were there with our '78 17 foot Boler. You will see when you click on the sight that they used it and the car, and our friends '35 Ford and his 17' Boler in their pictures. These lakefront sites do not have sewer, you need to go back a row which is also a bonus given you are then in the trees and it gets darned HOT in Osoyoos in the summer (high 90's, low 100's frequently).

Enjoy your trip. I'm jealous - I want to go back but work beckons. And the windmill (you'll see it in Osoyoos) has great ice cream, as does Tickleberries at Okanagan Falls, which is a pleasant drive through the orchards.
Barry