Old 12-04-2012, 11:12 PM   #15
Rivet Master
2008 23' Safari FB SE
Boulder , Colorado
Originally Posted by CanoeStream View Post
We drove right by any number of private, full hookup campgrounds during two weeks we spent at Glacier last fall. I'd never stay at any of them if I could help it.

Plenty of options with shade (to avoid the need for air conditioning) are available at Apgar, Two Medicine or Many Glacier. We stayed away from the brushy, open campground at St. Mary's and I'm glad we did. I think that would be pretty hot in the summer. We checked out all Glacier N.P. campgrounds and these four are the only choices with more than one or two sites for a full-sized trailer.

I'd most strongly recommend staying at Waterton Lakes Townsite Campground too. That and Many Glacier were absolutely supreme experiences!

Our favorite meals? The sweet potato fries at Two Sisters near Babb were great. Makes a burger basket a totally new experience. By far the best meal we had was ordering a la carte in the bar at Belton Chalet in West Glacier (avoiding the fancy sit-down dining room).
Did you camp at Many Glacier with your 25 footer? We have a 23 FB and are thinking of taking it to Glacier this summer and would love to camp there if it will fit. Are there a fair number of spots at the "Many Glacier" CG that will take a 23-25 footer plus tow vehicle?

bonginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #16
Jack Dog in So Cal
2013 16' Sport
Orange , California
West Glacier KOA

We stayed at the KOA in West Glacier. It's a bit pricey but wow what a great experience.

It had to be one of the nicest resort style KOA's in the country. The owners and their staff are outstanding. They have pull throughs with lawns and you are only 10 minutes to the park.

Jack Dog
in So Cal

JackDog is offline   Reply With Quote