Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-20-2007, 07:57 PM   #21
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Whatever it was I am better of it hitting the trailer than the truck. It would have made a mess out of the windshield. That would have put a dent in my travel plans.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:59 PM   #22

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
they did not refund the money. I am sending the bill to Airstream. They will pay.
Sander's did do the research that led to the solution.

Old 01-20-2007, 08:02 PM   #23
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
If you're coming west in March, drop down to I-20 to have David Tidmore and the crew at Roger Williams Airstream, Weatherford, Texas (just west of Ft. Worth) repair your dent. Give David a call @ 1-800-378-5883 and you'll recognize immediately that you're talking to an expert. I've had my trailer there for numerous things over the past year and have watched them ply their trade on several occaisions. David and Denver truely are perfectionist.
GStephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:05 PM   #24

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
I already contacted the factory. I will be in PA in early March. It will only be a few hours to the Factory.

Old 01-20-2007, 09:37 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
We would love to have you and would enjoy showing off our little southern town. I just pm you so let me know.
Air# 9552
rebel beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:26 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Altoona , Florida
I don't want to make small of the problems you have had but consider this! They were all material things - dents- broken glass -

I think you have made several new friends and belong to a group that cares for you - what is it that the commercial states "Priceless"-
Poprivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:39 AM   #27
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
As warm and inviting the weather has been Florida has not been good to me.
I have had:

two flat tires on my trailer.
A Cracked windshield on my truck right in front of the driver.
A spray paint can explode under the wheel front left wheel of the truck.
And now something landed on my trailer while travelling down I-75 north of Ft Myers. Big, Huge Dent! About $3000 to fix.

The first one was discovered at my sisters. Tire had to be replaced. Second one was discovered yesterday as I was chocking the tries at the RV place.

The cracked windshield occured in the rain on the way to the Can Opener. A rock hit a the bassed of the windshield right by the VIN plate. I watched this grow over several days.

The paint can happened at Atlantic and Kernan in Jacksonville. There were several of them in the road and as much as I tried I could not miss them all. Fortunately I hit the sky blue one so it is not that noticeable.

And yesterday I heard something hit the truck or trailer rolling down I-75 yesterday afternoon around 1600-1630. I looked in the rear view mirrow and could see nothing. I kept going for another hour or so. When I got out to look at my parking spot at the RV park. I saw it. I was pissed. I never saw it so it came from above. Something was thrown or fell of a bridge.

I even said to the service folks yesterday that my trailer is now 100% again. That did not last long.

I am curently in Nalpes visiting with my Aunt. I am supposed to be heading to Key West on Monday but I am not sure that is a good idea. Whats next rouge wave sweeping everything into the ocean?

Actually depending on who you talk to I am leaving Florida for the Conch Republic. So I guess I am good for a few days. I will be at the Boyds Key west Campground until Saturday. Stop by if you are in the area PM first. I will be either sailing, Snorkling or Kayaking most of the time.

I am thinking bad karma in this state.
Hey Michelle,

I'm in Naples, working my tail off, of course, but where are you parked? I get around to most of the RV parks here, so I just might stop by if I'm in the vacinity! 239-601-8650

You DO realize that once you cross that 7 mile causeway, that you have indeed left the USA and you are in Conch-Land. But then again, you also leave the USA when you enter Miami!! I'm sure your karma will improve by a HUGE amount when you get there. Be sure to tip one back at Sloppy Joe's for me.......
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:00 AM   #28

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
David,
Yeah they are all material. I vent get it out of my system and move on...

Old 01-21-2007, 08:03 AM   #29

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Lew,
I am in Lake San Marino RV "resort" until tomorrow morning when I leave and head down through the everglades avoiding Miami hooking up with US1 in Homestead.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:09 AM   #30
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Used to live in Kendall, just South of Miami. Can be beautiful down there when the weather is good. Believe it or not, in the two years I lived there I never got to Miami. I guess being an Okie, I just got a-feared of the big city. I was told by the locals that I didn't drive near fast enough to make it out alive. I don't envy you pulling that big AS down there. Oh yes, I lived in Alachua, just outside High Springs where I see you spent some time. Now that's more my style up there in Northern Florida.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:28 AM   #31
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Just so I'm clear, weren't you the one that just had the coach repaired? If so, my heart goes out to you....I'd be beside myself at this point, but glad to see you're coping.......
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:05 AM   #32
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Hi Michelle,

Your luck has been very unfortunate in the last several months. But hopefully it is about to change. As you drive down US 1 you can feel all the stress just melt away the further south you drive. We were in the Keys last January but unfortunately without the Airstream. We did take the time to check out campgrounds along the way. One of the better campgrounds for hookups (IO) is Sunshine Key Fun Resort and Marina, MM 39, Big Pine Key, (305) 872-2217. There were two Airstreams with beachfront sites. One even went so far to pull into a back-in site for the view. This was too much! I certainly regretted being there without my Airstream. Boyd's is a little cramped for my taste. With that said, it is still Key West afterall! NOT BAD!

Say, as you are coming and going from Sloppy Joe's look up and wave. There is a live web cam there. Let us know when you going and we can watch for you on the webcam. The site is www.liveduvalstreet.com. Soak up some of that kicked back living for all of us!

Be careful out there and hope to meet somewhere out there on the road...

Vickie (Mrs. Towdaddy)
Air #5970
--------------------------
2001 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4x4 ("Bubba")
2007 34' SO Classic ("Betty Lou II")
Towdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:20 AM   #33
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Oh Michelle, that is a nasty dent. I was hoping your troubles would end with the brake saga. I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to talk more at the Can Opener. May the waves of the ocean drown all the troubles and wash them out to sea. Yeah, the Conch Republic is not made of the same stuff as the mainland. The karma has GOT to be better. Enjoy your stay in the Keys.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:19 PM   #34

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
there is going to be some serious water recreating over the next week.
I have already signed up for kayaking and snokling..... I want to make it to the dry tortugas as well.

Old 01-21-2007, 06:21 PM   #35

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
just had major repair to the rear. now two segment on the front. Needless to say Chris Burch (service manager) and I are on a first name basis. I will be passing through Ohio in March. They know I am coming.

Old 01-21-2007, 06:23 PM   #36

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
I will not be doing any bars. I do not consume alcohol. I think I may be part fish though. I love swimming. I will let you know when I stroll down Duval
actually the sebago Key West webcam around 1230-1300 on Wednesday I will be there!

Old 01-22-2007, 11:29 AM   #37
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Jupiter , Florida
Yow - thats a lot of hassles of daily living for just one Florida retreat!

To maybe avoid one more hassle, beware Miche; the portuguese man-o-war or 'bluebottle' jelly fish have made my late winter Tortugas dives a pain before. The jellies get pulverized on the reef so the water is alive with tentacles, if you get out there just don't rub against yourself doing scissors kicks or pressing your arms against your body & if you feel a little bite DO NOT SWAT, SWIPE, OR SCRATCH IT since there will be 500 stingers that hadn't fired lurking where you felt the first tickle....
Old 01-22-2007, 07:12 PM   #38

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
make that tomorrow around 1230-1300.
keywestsebago.com
I will be carrying my gear bag.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:14 PM   #39

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
I have dry tortugas on the sechedule for Thursday. I will keep that in mind.

Thanks...