Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-29-2007, 01:18 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Georgia Campgrounds I-20

We are on our way on the 6th of June to my nieces graduation in NC and will need to find a location to overnight along I-20 between Atlanta and Augusta Georgia. Anyone have a favorite campground along that route. I would even consider a site in South Carolina before we reach I-95. We have made the trip in one day to N Carolina but never while towing. Plus, this is a get-away first camping trip for us this year - just want a relaxing pace.

BTW - Walmarts and Truck Stops are out - I already asked my co-pilot.....

Thank You, Mike
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:45 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Haven't had a chance to camp in that area yet, but as far as state parks go, near Augusta Mistletoe might be a possibility. There's a bunch of Corp of Engineers campgrounds around Strom Thurmond Lake, but that might be further off I-20 than you want to go.

You better listen to your co-pilot!
Old 11-06-2007, 06:02 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
CGs between Augusta and Atlanta

We live near Augusta and have tried several along I-20.

State Parks:
Mistletoe - on Clark's Hill Lake, from Exit 175. Very pretty, sites are nice and wooded.

A.H. Stephens - Near Crawfordville (very small town). Exit 148. Historic site with nice 25 site CG.

Hamburg - Old mill pond, far from any town. Far from exit 165. Not really on the way, but nice park.

Hard Labor Creek - Very nice park with some lake front sites. Park has Golf Course. Exit 101 through the small town of Rutledge. 2 nice places for food - one for wings and fast food, the other is the Classic Rock Cafe for steaks and ribs.

Corps. CG
Petersburg - nearest Augusta, North of Exit 183. Make a reservation, the park fills most of the year. Maryland Fried Chicken is nearby and the food is home style at its best.

Hope this helps.

Matt
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:45 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmbstreamer
We live near Augusta and have tried several along I-20.

State Parks:
Mistletoe - on Clark's Hill Lake, from Exit 175. Very pretty, sites are nice and wooded.

A.H. Stephens - Near Crawfordville (very small town). Exit 148. Historic site with nice 25 site CG.

Hamburg - Old mill pond, far from any town. Far from exit 165. Not really on the way, but nice park.

Hard Labor Creek - Very nice park with some lake front sites. Park has Golf Course. Exit 101 through the small town of Rutledge. 2 nice places for food - one for wings and fast food, the other is the Classic Rock Cafe for steaks and ribs.

Corps. CG
Petersburg - nearest Augusta, North of Exit 183. Make a reservation, the park fills most of the year. Maryland Fried Chicken is nearby and the food is home style at its best.

Hope this helps.

Matt
Matt,

I needed one earlier in the year and we stayed at A.H. Stephens. It was great and very nice. The camp host was great and set us up in a great spot. I would recommend it to anyone.

Thanks for your response.

Mike
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote