Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-07-2014, 06:40 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2024 23' Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
Our dog pretty much pees where she squats, except inside the Airstream, or next to the BBQ grill.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:51 PM   #42
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
I guess y'all are too young to know about relief tubes in airplanes. Where do you think all that goes while flying around?
Old 06-07-2014, 07:13 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
On our way to Gulfport to visit Foley RV we were briefly behind a bus conversion when some us identified fluid starting draining from the right rear corner of the bus. Fearing the worst, I quickly changed lanes and got in front of the bus where it was safer.
Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:39 PM   #44
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cincinnati , Ohio
Ok, here's one. During surgery what do you think the anesthesiologist does on a long case when they can not leave the surgery suite! He is the only one who technically can not leave the room. Surgeon shouldn't. Very Rarely does. And Most surgeries are pretty short in duration. But, I've seen pour irrigation bottles sitting on the floor with pale yellow liquid in it. I knew no hospital container was available from a manufacturers like that and I got giggles when I asked, what the heck is that? I was told, Mr. Anesthesia couldn't leave the room and anesthesia backup designated for that room that day was not available. Ya do what you gotta do!
Mockinbrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:46 PM   #45
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
I guess y'all are too young to know about relief tubes in airplanes. Where do you think all that goes while flying around?
That reminds me of a little Navy tale. I was a tactical coordinator in P2Vs. We were making an airways repositioning flight down the west coast, so the navigator, who was a young pilot in training, was invited to swap seats with the copilot. The squadron CO was in the left seat. After a while, the navigator decided he needed to use the relief tube. For some reason the hose was hung up on something so he gave it a yank. Once he got it positioned and got started with business, I heard the CO say dryly on the ICS, "Son, I believe we're going to have to swap lunches."
I looked toward the cockpit and saw the CO's box lunch on the deck behind the center console. The end of the relief tube that the navigator had jerked loose from the bulkhead, was dangling into the lunch box. From then on the navigator's nickname was "Sweet Pea".

Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:34 PM   #46
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
Petaluma , California
Well in the middle of the country where they haul hogs and cows, truckers pee is the least of your worries. I came out of a truckstop one time just in time to move my rig after a hog hauler pulled in next to me. From the looks of the outside of the hog trailer it wouldn't have been long before my Airstream would have been streamed upon from the hog trailer with various pig fluids.

- Brad
SuperTrouper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:44 AM   #47
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
I just read this whole thread and now I have to go and find my waders. Sal
TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:27 AM   #48
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Years ago, if you travel by train and had to use the " facilities". You could see the railroad ties thru the bottom of the toilet.
I have been in restrooms in rest areas, state parks and federal parks that smell as bad as the old out houses in my days as a kid.
Talking about the decline of the professional truck driver. The same thing is happening to airline pilots. Overworked and underpaid. Now that is a serious health risk. Falling from the sky is not healthy.
If you travel in Europe or Asia, it is not uncommon to see someone relieving them self along the highway. They don't even try to hide it.
I do my best to avoid truck stops and rest areas along the Interstate. Travel mostly on 2 lane roads. Away from the maddening crowd.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:40 AM   #49
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Twinkie, I agree. Jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:55 AM   #50
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Back roads toilet shunners

I am curious what those Airforums members who post on other threads that they never use the toilets in their Airstreams do when traveling the roads where public toilets are scare. Do they just go on the roadside using the trailer for cover, join the bottle brigade, or use some other imaginative method?

Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:58 AM   #51
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG Twinkie View Post
Years ago, if you travel by train and had to use the " facilities". You could see the railroad ties thru the bottom of the toilet.
I had forgotten about that, the rolling outhouse Yes, I experienced that many years ago, traveling between Army posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG Twinkie View Post
If you travel in Europe or Asia, it is not uncommon to see someone relieving them self along the highway. They don't even try to hide it.
I was stationed in Germany for a while and I remember it was quite a common site, people on the side of the road. I was in a convoy on our way out to the field for military tank exercises and we just pulled the entire convoy off for 15 minutes. I was in Nuremberg and saw a man walk over to the gutter and relieve himself. No one even turned a head. Women too, out in the field or by the roadside; no difference.

I don't think it's a big issue that people "do it", I think it's the dumping in the rest area parking lot that's a concern. Avoid any puddles and leave your shoes at the front door on a mat. People spit on the ground too, just as bad if you ask me. George Carlin referred to it as "other people's fluids".
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:01 AM   #52
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Friendly and disgusting warning

We have no problem urinating in the Airstream, duke only inspired by extreme emergency.

We don't duke on the roadside though...

Any way you cut it, even though pee smell is never pretty or desirable, dookie is much worse. Pee might give me the willies, duke makes me gag and on occasion spewage.

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:26 AM   #53
3 Rivet Member

1969 18' Caravel
, Iowa
Oh yes, I remember the signs in railroad passenger cars that read, 'Do NOT use restroom while stopped in station.'
Regarding the plastic bottle 'bombs' along the roadside: I read a newspaper story, a few years ago, about how distasteful it is for highway maintenance personnel to be sprayed as their mowers hit these. People can be SO selfish & disrespectful.
WBCCI #4568
MarkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:55 AM   #54
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Try riding a motorcycle cross country at night and getting behind truckers as ten of us did several years ago to avoid the heat of the day in July. We all smelled like piss after the first night and not our own.
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:54 PM   #55
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Lin , Ne
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiceman View Post
Try riding a motorcycle cross country at night and getting behind truckers as ten of us did several years ago to avoid the heat of the day in July. We all smelled like piss after the first night and not our own.
Try following a cattle truck and see what happens.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:00 PM   #56
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Or, one of those rattle-trap, slat-fenced trucks, full of wire crates, full of chickens.

Happened to us once in Mississippi. We had just washed the Interstate.

Maggie
Old 06-08-2014, 01:21 PM   #57
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
I'll say this as politely as possible for a old crab like me. IF YOU HAVE IT A TRUCK BROUGHT IT. Sal
TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
Old 06-08-2014, 01:22 PM   #58
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen&sal View Post
I'll say this as politely as possible for a old crab like me. IF YOU HAVE IT A TRUCK BROUGHT IT. Sal
Depends on where you live. Around New Orleans, they say that about barges, not trucks.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:34 PM   #59
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
I guess if you have waterfront property that would work too. Sal
TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
Old 06-08-2014, 02:55 PM   #60
Overland Adventurer

1991 34' Excella
2009 34' Panamerica
Telluride , Colorado
My last comment is....
Civilized people use toilets, unless you are camping. Why leave your waste intentionally where children might step in it.... come on, haven't we evolved past this?

If you need to piss in a jug, haul your lazy carcass inside and dump it in the head.

Do you pee on your driveway at home, then walk through it?
AtomicNo13 is offline   Reply With Quote