Old 03-24-2007, 07:22 PM   #71
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
That is one saweeeeet trailer. I emailed Vance at the Auburn Trailer COllection. He's sure to want one like this.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:41 AM   #72
4 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Almost Always Sunny Sarasota , Florida
I found this one today on eBay.(not mine) Hand made be Wally after WW11. Needs some help and a new home. Located in Glasgow, KY
I love the Buck Rodgers look of the front end of this era.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:05 AM   #73
4 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Almost Always Sunny Sarasota , Florida
A cute little Homeless Argosy MH

How can you not give this little cutie a home. Watch her sad eyes follow you accrosse the room. Maybe you can get the boat to go with it.

Clicky

Old 04-24-2007, 12:59 PM   #74
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Here's an interesting advt on Craig's list in OR. Lot's of options for someone to get into a late model 19'. I do not know the seller or any details, but figured there are those on the forum looking for these.
Barry

medford craigslist > recreational vehicles > AIRSTREAM 19' BAMBI TRAILER

Avoid scams & fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer,
cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee

AIRSTREAM 19' BAMBI TRAILER - $36900

Reply to: sale-303178036@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-03-30, 11:01AM PDT

For sale, 2005 19' Airstream Bambi trailer. Only one owner, and zero miles (except for delivery). As good as new (shower, oven, stove-top burners and microwave have never been used!). International Model. Lots of extras including: 20" Sharp Aquos flat-screen plasma TV, DVD player, microwave oven, additional lock on outside door, security hitch lock, super-balanced, heavy-duty equalizer hitch ($750 value P/L). Two sets of fitted sheets. Tire covers. Plus all the usual items included in this particular 2005 model. Perfect for being towed by light-weight truck or moderate-sized car. $37,900 ($36,900 without the TV). May be viewed in Ashland, Oregon. Click on e-mail above or call 541-201-8123.

HERE are a couple of options that you may be interested in:

PARK & LIVE IN THIS AIRSTREAM IN BEAUTIFUL ASHLAND: [Option 1]: Want to live in a beautiful RV space right in the center of Ashland? IF YOU QUALIFY (and this is totally between you and the landlord), you MIGHT be able to take over this wonderful space in downtown Ashland. It is a fenced-in, private compound, complete with an outside storage area as well as a private office space (see the structure in the back of the second picture). Again, I stress that in order for you to be able to take over this space, you must qualify as a renter with the owner of the RV park. This is by far one of Ashland's MOST DESIRABLE RV spaces! Finally, the front fence is easily removable so that you can leave and return from trips with the Airstream.

TAKE OVER MY LOAN PAYMENTS! [Option 2]: If you can rollover my loan for the Airstream into your own financing, that is, if you qualify to make a loan with Bank of America (or other financial institution) and can take over this loan, you may be able to finance this Airstream for $385 a month or better. This, of course, would be entirely up to you.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 303178036
Old 04-24-2007, 10:25 PM   #75
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Los Angeles , Massachusetts
I LOVE these photos of homeless Airstreams. The pictures are brilliant!

Myra

"
You just have to decide if youíre a Tigger or an Eeyore." - Randy Pausch
mwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:27 PM   #76
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari57
Here's an interesting advt on Craig's list in OR. Lot's of options for someone to get into a late model 19'. I do not know the seller or any details, but figured there are those on the forum looking for these.
Barry

medford craigslist > recreational vehicles > AIRSTREAM 19' BAMBI TRAILER

Avoid scams & fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer,
cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee

AIRSTREAM 19' BAMBI TRAILER - $36900

Reply to: sale-303178036@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-03-30, 11:01AM PDT

For sale, 2005 19' Airstream Bambi trailer. Only one owner, and zero miles (except for delivery). As good as new (shower, oven, stove-top burners and microwave have never been used!). International Model. Lots of extras including: 20" Sharp Aquos flat-screen plasma TV, DVD player, microwave oven, additional lock on outside door, security hitch lock, super-balanced, heavy-duty equalizer hitch ($750 value P/L). Two sets of fitted sheets. Tire covers. Plus all the usual items included in this particular 2005 model. Perfect for being towed by light-weight truck or moderate-sized car. $37,900 ($36,900 without the TV). May be viewed in Ashland, Oregon. Click on e-mail above or call 541-201-8123.

HERE are a couple of options that you may be interested in:

PARK & LIVE IN THIS AIRSTREAM IN BEAUTIFUL ASHLAND: [Option 1]: Want to live in a beautiful RV space right in the center of Ashland? IF YOU QUALIFY (and this is totally between you and the landlord), you MIGHT be able to take over this wonderful space in downtown Ashland. It is a fenced-in, private compound, complete with an outside storage area as well as a private office space (see the structure in the back of the second picture). Again, I stress that in order for you to be able to take over this space, you must qualify as a renter with the owner of the RV park. This is by far one of Ashland's MOST DESIRABLE RV spaces! Finally, the front fence is easily removable so that you can leave and return from trips with the Airstream.

TAKE OVER MY LOAN PAYMENTS! [Option 2]: If you can rollover my loan for the Airstream into your own financing, that is, if you qualify to make a loan with Bank of America (or other financial institution) and can take over this loan, you may be able to finance this Airstream for $385 a month or better. This, of course, would be entirely up to you.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 303178036
OMG !!!! This little Bambi in Ashland, OR might be just the thing for me !!! I have to move out of my apartment in a few weeks and I have NOWHERE to go. I'm gonna call this guy!!

Myra

"
Old 04-24-2007, 10:33 PM   #77
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Take you time. Don't jump at the first thing that comes along.. Don't let your excitement could your judgement.
If you need more time find someone to live with while find the right trailer.
With this trailer you can tow with almost anything.

I would offer to go look at it. However it's an 8 hour drive and I am in Oregon!

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:46 PM   #78
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
Take you time. Don't jump at the first things that comes along.. Don't let your excitement could your judgement.
If you need more time find someone to live with while find the right trailer.
With this trailer you can tow with almost anything.

I would offer to go look at it. However it's an 8 hour drive and I am in Oregon!
Michelle,

Thanks so much. I am going to take my time. I'm going to keep looking and reading and asking questions until I get it all sorted out in my head. After I posted that, I realized $36 is probably more than I want to spend on a trailer. I need to think about spending that kind of money.

Myra

"
Old 04-24-2007, 10:56 PM   #79
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Myra, You have such an expressive "voice"--not something to be wasted on corporate brochures! But tread cautiously. As Michelle suggests ("Catsandi" who is an experienced and savvy fulltimer) you're far better off biding your time couch surfing with friends, and waiting for the perfect fit. It does seem that Airstreams, as opposed to the knock-offs, tend to inspire the creative spirit.
There's something to be said for original and unique design.
Happy hunting,
Janet
Old 04-26-2007, 05:02 PM   #80
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Yes. Lots of great looking units out there for sale. Just keep looking and it will show up. Keep looking at the classifieds here and other places as well.......... Happy Hunting,
Old 04-29-2007, 09:51 PM   #81
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Found this in the Susanville, CA local area paper while researching another trailer in case anyone is interested.

1956 AIRSTREAM, 24í, $400. Needs work inside and registration paid. Possible to rent to own, $300/month. (530)283-0341.

I don't know the owner/seller or have any other detail on the trailer.

Barry
Old 04-29-2007, 10:00 PM   #82
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari57
1956 AIRSTREAM, 24í, $400. Needs work inside and registration paid. Possible to rent to own, $300/month. (530)283-0341.

Barry

$400 to purchase
$300 to rent to own

What am I missing here?

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:06 PM   #83
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Yeah, Im trying to figure that one out too... Hmmmmmmmmm think I would buy it..LOL
Old 04-30-2007, 07:51 PM   #84
3 Rivet Member

wow.. now I know where to post mine if I ever go to sell it....