Old 06-01-2007, 07:33 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1979 31' Sovereign
Baton Rouge , Louisiana
Found a Great Dealer in Oklahoma!!

Guys and Gals,
I have been working on my 79' Sovereign since last July and I am happy to report that I am almost done (with this phase ). I tell my wife I am almost through, but I know I never will be! I have plans for 2 years past this summers camping! Anyway, I have done mods to the inside, polishing on the outside and loads of other stuff! During this process this forum and the great people in it have been an invaluable resource that absolutely CANNOT be replaced at any cost! During my working time, I found three RV parts dealers that I repeatedly ordered from and who ALWAYS had time to go the extra 10 miles or so to help (Airstreams require more than just an extra mile). They are:

Steve at Vintage whom I found here on the forum, always helpful, always called back and never hung up on me no matter how much I bugged him.

Jevin at Palomino Supply - a storehouse of knowledge and parts prices that are unbeatable!

Last and definately not least, Mr. Tom Griffith at Griffith RV in Oklahoma City. Tom always made time for my calls and treated me like I bought the coach from him brand new even though I was just ordering small odds and ends parts. Tom is the only one of the three who is an Airstream Dealer and he is great! A little side note on this one... I found my coach in Sulphur, Oklahoma about two hours south of Ok City. The sticker on the side said it came from Brasswell Airstream in OK City. Turns out that Brasswell was the former name of Griffith RV when Tom's grandfather had it!! Cool huh? Ordering parts from him was like coming home...
Tom's number is 405-495-2590 if you need it. I know everyone has Steve's number and most have Jevin's for appliances and parts but I wanted everyone to know that there is a very knowledgeable and friendly dealer in Ok City!

Again, thanks to everyone who helped me out and I will be posting pics of the "sort of finished" unit here soon!
-Don Antie
cobra93 is offline   Reply With Quote