Old 09-01-2002, 11:15 AM   #15
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Unhappy Dent a 'Van....

Had me LMAO at that one...RADIO...I liked that....Dent...well yes I kn it...Cumbria, good for hiking, scenery, and DRIVE on the LEFT...lol, I guess it would be a little tricky for one of your vehicles + Airstream, You'll NEED more than a navigation system, maybe a person to WALK ahead of you with a BIG RED FLAG, lol, and close ALL the road for you...Glad you like our little part of the world, I guess I kinda like it too...be nicer if there were a FEW A/Ss on the roads...Yep I love your Cad: Town Cars too...OH !! LUXURY, and the BUICK le sabre custom...( drool )...
Well I gotta go now...DINNER...Mmmmm....
Read U soon...Chris.....

Old 09-01-2002, 05:24 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

English Airstreams

Chris,
We actually rented cars when we were over there. No Airstreams at that time. Roads too narrow. Do you pull an Airstream?
What's for dinner? Just had a Boddington in memory of jolly ol' England. By the by, we love your Yorkshire tea. We buy it whenever we find it over here.
Dan

Old 09-02-2002, 01:34 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Unhappy Hi Dan...

Say Dan,
How U doin 2day...?, Fine I hope !!! , Sadly I DON'T own an A/S nor a R/V.... , but I are an AVID armchair FAN, so I bet some of the Guys ask, why am I on this site then, well the answer is simple...I LOVE AIRSTREAMS...and talking to you GUYS...
Did I read BOD'S....kinda funny, 'cos I love bUd's, and guiness, I had the amazing cup of TEA in my life...so far, at UNIVERSAL STUDIOS FL:, would you credit it !!!?, I asked for a HOT tea, NO milk NO sugar...it was abt an HOUR b4 I could drink it, mind U it was quite WARM at 94deg, NOW I kn why every one else were drinking ICE TEA
I had brake trouble 2day, on my way from work, my front right made an awful noise, and shook the steering wheel, when I braked...luckily I was very NEAR home, I whipped off the road wheel...and there it was, the caliper was only hanging on to it's mounting bracket by one LOOSE BOLT...the other must have worked loose and fell out, blinking scarey, I'll tell ya.
Still I mended it, tested it, and took it to my local garage for a brake test on the rollers, and quick look over, at only a small charge of 5.00 ( $2-50 ) ish, it IS money WELL spent.
Oh I also re-bled the the system too, just to ballance 'em all out, and give them NEW BLOOD...
What work do U do Dan...and does your D/W work, and help you repair your A/S...LOL... .
Well I best be making tracks, a lot to do yet, as I'm up at 4am, for work....B-Good...Chris.....
Old 09-02-2002, 07:17 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

Hello Chris,
Glad the brake problem was not too bad.
We are good. My two D/S's came out today to celebrate the opening of Dove season. Even my grandson went with us. We had a good shoot and lot of fun.
I am retired from the Graphic Art/ Advertising business and concentrate on oil paintings and woodwork, along with fixing up our Airstream. My wife is a retired Resigtered Nurse.
Dan
Old 09-03-2002, 12:39 PM   #19
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Cool Re-Paint...

Hi Dan... Hee Hee !!!.
...How U doin 2day, Painting...Wow U wanna see me paint the garden gates...NOT a pretty sight, I can tell ya...lol, Good 4 U, I love art, We went to Salvador Dali museum whilst we were at Orlando, well Dan we were so close to it, at Busch Gdns, seemed a shame 2 miss out on see-ing it...I Quite liked it, infact we ALL did, St. Pete's it was, as we crossed the Tampa Bay Bridge we saw Dolphins jumping, Oh boy ! it was spectacular...
I gather old bits of wood from work, and turn them into Bird feeders & nesting boxes, my D/W puts out bread for them to eat...then MOANS when they poop on her washing she just put out on the line to air off...LMAO x 10... .
Do you EAT the birds, or is it only sport ?, many years ago I used to belong to a GUN CLUB, and shoot match cards, but now I too busy in other things, I love METAL DETECTING...and DREAM of un-earthing an AIRSTREAM in the middle of some muddy field..lol, ( well I am ENGLISH )... I found some good things over the years, I love to get out at this time of the year, as it is harvesting time now, I got about 30 fields I am allowed to go into, so who knows...one day I may find our fortune....
Well hope you & your Family have a good day2day, and remember...A Good word costs the same as a BAD word...
B-Good...Chris.....
Old 09-03-2002, 04:20 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

Chris,
Working on the Airstream today. Took the water pump out and apart to fix a leak. I may have fixed it. Also building a magazine rack for it. The water heater is seeping water around the bottom. Probably seen its better days. It is only 31 years old.
Yes, we eat the doves. Just the breasts, quite tasty.
Be careful with the digging, you might find one of those V2 rockets that were sent over by those folks during WW2. That would make for a explosive day.
Dan
Old 09-16-2011, 09:27 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Its a Pilot thing...Tragedy

Today I lost a long time friend. Jimmy Leeward...he was the Pilot of the p-51 that crashed into the box seat area of the Reno Air Races today. Many more were killed and injured. Races cancelled....what a terrible accident.