Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-08-2010, 07:11 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1992 25' Excella
Houston , Texas
Food for the Journey!

On the way back to Houston from North Carolina after picking up my wife & my Airstream, my dad and I found a really good "hole-in-the-wall" place to eat! I think it's called "Boudin & Cracklins," and it is located at exit 347 by Breaux Bridge, LA between the Atchafalaya swamp & Lafayette, LA on I-10. It kinda looks like a couple of big mobile homes put together, and shares a parking lot with Laundry's.

I tried their Alligator boudin, and it was awesome!

P.S. - I couldn't find a place on the forums where we deal specifically with great/unique places to eat (maybe not your average chain restaurants, etc...), but maybe I missed it. If not, I was thinking it might be cool to have a tab for that info. , and possibly some sub-tabs for different regions. So, if I was airstreaming through the southwest, I could go there and see what good places others have found in that area. Just a thought
TINLOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Great idea. For years we mostly stopped at the usual fast food places. Subway, Mickey Ds, KFC etc. Then we started looking at different places, and have found some very good and reasonable places. I printed off a list from Foodnetwork, Diners Drive Ins and Dives, stuck the list in the truck, so while traveling we can check for something in our current town. But to have a list from all the streamers who find great places would be terrific
sempi2 is offline   Reply With Quote