Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-04-2019, 03:19 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Franklin , Ohio
Thanks looking at panhandel options staying here till March check out other campsite take a month and head back slow even if cold in panhandle probably better than Ohio.
Never been to Alabama coastal area sounds exciting hopefully can find open sites.
Thanks again for all the advice.
Ditter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:26 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Hendersonville , North Carolina
Florida in winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditter View Post
Well i planed for months but made a big mistake booked 2 months in a campground near Punta Gorda fl.
Problem literally 21 miles to anything, been averaging 100 miles a day on truck back and forth stocked now for a few weeks but missing the things i came to Florida for! I enjoy eating out seafood, pier fishing state parks beaches what i consider Florida stuff. Meeting with owner today to try to cut stay shortw but really don’t want to head back home to Ohio. Looked around but most site full and planing to escape toward east coast, then north.

Looking for site near activeites nearby 10 miles or less not sure if north Florida is less crowded nascar, Bike week ect. Even considering Georgia South Carolina near coast, not sure how weather would be.

Wife not happy need help hate to give up and head back to Ohio.
Best regards
Ron
Read through this thread and can't believe no one mentioned Land Yacht Harbor Airstream Park in Melbourne. Florida. Great place and very reasonable rates. Call them and see if they have an empty spot. I am from southern Ohio originally and would hate to see you have to go back in mid February.
uraljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:41 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Between Here , And There
Hi Ron,

Sorry your camp site is not what you wanted. Sounds a little like Paradise Park. Nice place but not close to anything. Anyway about an hour up the road in Sarasota is "Sarasota Lakes RV Resort" very nice place, heated pool, a lot of activities and close to everything. Here is a link to their web site.

http://www.srqrv.com

Best of Luck
fltlevel510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:59 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2009 34' Classic
Lake Worth Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by uraljohn View Post
Read through this thread and can't believe no one mentioned Land Yacht Harbor Airstream Park in Melbourne. Florida. Great place and very reasonable rates. Call them and see if they have an empty spot. I am from southern Ohio originally and would hate to see you have to go back in mid February.
I’ve heard nice things about this (mostly) Airstream-only park, and I do enjoy camping with other Airstreamers. Unfortunately, even though it’s only 2 hours from home, I can’t try out Land Yacht Harbor because we don’t camp without our dogs, and they have a strict no pets policy.

Jim
2016 RAM 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, Cummins TurboDiesel
AirstreamJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:06 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Jacksonville , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithdogs View Post
Cedar Key.

There is a big RV park there. You can walk to the fishing piers. You could also walk to a different seafood restaurant everyday for a week or more and not repeat.

"Big" might be an overstatement. We've had club rallies there.
http://www.cedarkeyrv.com/

recommend the chowder at Tony's Seafood,

https://www.tonyschowder.com/
Overstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:08 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Jacksonville , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by uraljohn View Post
They don't allow dogs and its kind of out in the sun without trees.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:22 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
If you are interested in the Jupiter area, but can't get into Jonathan Dickinson, you could also consider this RV park just west of Jupiter:

http://westjupiterrvresort.com/
Old 02-04-2019, 07:29 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Hendersonville , North Carolina
Land Yacht Harbor

Yep, no dogs or pets of any kind. Major plus for us. No barking or waste products to make sure you do not step in. We have been to some other Airstream parks and this is the absolute best kept, cleanest, and well manicured. All spots on concrete pad and driveway for your tow vehicle. Each spot has a nice 8x10 shed. A palm tree is at the front of each spot. Nice recreation building. We are here for 4 months and it is a fantastic group of Airstream folks here. Yes, there are approx. 40 or so other brand of travel trailers/motorhomes here but all very nice. 15 minutes to the beach. All shopping 5/10 minute drive. We lived in Naples, Florida for 13 years and now love the summers at our home in North Carolina, but the winter at LYH is the place to be.
uraljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:46 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Jacksonville , Florida
You might want to try some of the central gulf coast RV parks, Nature Coast area up through the Big Bend. I see that some of the winter "seasonals" (current PC title for snowbirds) are starting to filter out near the end of Feb.

Check out shorter visits in the 14 day range. The Encore RV resort at Crystal River had some spaces opening up for 14 day windows middle of Feb. Kings Bay aka Crystal River is know for its winter manatee population is Sisters Springs and other springs in the bay.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:33 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Jacksonville , Florida
In the panhandle try to get into Grayton beach State Park. It is two miles from Seaside. Six or so AS food trailers amongst some really nice restaurants. Dune lakes and a mile or so of white sand beach in the park.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:55 PM   #31
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Green Valley Lake , California
Everybody in the world goes to SoFla in the winter.
I'm born and bred Miami, been in Cali since '80. Went back for an extended visit 2015/16. Every square inch is spoken for.
It does get hot and humid most of the "winter" with an occasionally chilly day.
But for RVing on the beach there's an RV park in Beverly Beach north of Daytona.
Punta Gorda? Oh, well...
Best of Luck
SouthForkAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:25 AM   #32
3 Rivet Member

2015 30' Flying Cloud
Port Sanilac , Michigan
Ditto on Ramblers Rest in Venice. Nice park and close to the beach.
pontzdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:50 AM   #33
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' International
Nixa , Missouri
I don't know exactly why I get e-mails from this place but i do. I was looking at their sight this week and they might have something that would interest you.

RVParkStore.com
As I said the only thing i know about them is from there sight. Good luck
the frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:49 AM   #34
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Traverse City , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags View Post
You might consider trying the Florida Panhandle west of Panama City on over to Pensacola. not quite as warm, but very bearable. The ocean is beautiful here. there are lots of attractions and restaurants. It's not as crowded with snowbirds here. The high season here is the Summer. You could even slip on over to the Alabama Coast. It is very nice there also.

Brian
The FL Panhandle is wonderful. We’re headed there in a couple weeks (in fact Top Sail adjoining Santa Rosa Beach). We own an RV lot in central FL but love the Panhandle to end up there at some point in our winter stay. Appalachicola is GREAT for oysters but there’s great seafood eating every place.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:35 PM   #35
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Vonore , Tennessee
South central Florida

Check out Sebring / Avon Park / Lake Placid. Beautiful fresh water lakes and palm trees with lots of RV possibilities, and the town of 10,000 or so has all the amenities. Warmer than the panhandle too. A golf Mecca ....and reasonably priced.
Laurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 03:58 PM   #36
Old dog new tricks

2017 19' Flying Cloud
Banner elk , North Carolina
Chk out park

We love Anastasia state park in st Augustine and recently came back from Little Talbot Island state park. Call ahead. You will learn to book Fl almost a year in advance. Meanwhile call around - don’t miss those amenities you came for! Good luck.
Flying Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:47 AM   #37
4 Rivet Member

2013 20' Flying Cloud
2014 16' Sport
2019 23' Flying Cloud
Dunedin , Florida
Go to the Florida State Parks website. You can search by date and area. https://www.floridastateparks.org/. There are plenty available if you're willing to get off the beaten path.
Rosalita WBCCI #12814
Florida Unit #027, Southeastern Camping Unit #012, Florida Suncoast #129, Stella's Sisters, Grapes & Grains, Indie Streamers
Save
Native143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:57 AM   #38
3 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Franklin , Ohio
Smile

Went to big pine island checked out 2 campgrounds for next year both ok had a great fish sandwich at the lazy flamingo good place, island traffic heavy but not as bad as fort myers. Found several sites around Punta Gorda and to my surprise our airstream isto old (26 years fully restored) for admittance.

Thanks all for suggestions we have decided to stay put and make the best of our stay here it is very nice people very friendly.

Looking forward to some day trips like Sebring and Okeechobee. Also have tried Grayton SP but no opening end of March early April will keep trying hopefully their maybe a cancellation.
Thanks again Ditter
Old 02-16-2019, 05:40 AM   #39
4 Rivet Member

2013 20' Flying Cloud
2014 16' Sport
2019 23' Flying Cloud
Dunedin , Florida
While you're near Sebring, check out Highlands Hammock State Park. Old CCC lodge, etc. good bike trails. Nice camping too.
Rosalita WBCCI #12814
Florida Unit #027, Southeastern Camping Unit #012, Florida Suncoast #129, Stella's Sisters, Grapes & Grains, Indie Streamers
Save
Native143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 10:09 AM   #40
3 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Franklin , Ohio
Dog park

Went to Venice Beach and south of town is a dog park with beach access.
This is leash off beach lots of dogs swimming in golf great park.
On way home we took 41 south and fond a chili hotdog open air restaurant that allows dogs less than 5 miles south nice area old venice has lots of shopping a bit crowded.