Old 09-21-2015, 02:44 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Pfafftown , North Carolina
We found Fort Desoto to be a nice park. We enjoyed a site 2 years ago on the water. It was a large site and the vegetation between sites is thick enough to some provide privacy. The view of the water from our site was beautiful. I can see where kayakers would love it.

It would be nice if the sites had sewer connections.. Dealing with the blue boy can be a pain for long stays. The biggest issue we had with the park is the huge population of raccoons. They fill the trees in the evening watching you eat and hoping for scraps. They break into the public garbage cans in the camping area during the night and are noisy. Be careful leaving food unattended in your camping area and keep the garbage inside until you take it to the campground collection receptacles.

It wasn't the best park we've stayed in but it was certainly above average for a public park. I would definitely return if I could get reservations.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

Airstream - 2008 Safari 27FB SE (Sweet Pea)
TV - 2011 Ford F250 Lariat, 6.7 Diesel, 4X4 (Brutus)
TAC FL-55 | WBCCI 3823 - Unit 12 | AIR 48265
Florida 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:41 AM   #16
Rivet Master
2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
We also enjoyed Fort DeSoto Park, great sunsets and we enjoyed watching dolphins, sharks and almost everything else you can imagine swim by! Another great park with a lot of activities is Sun-n-Fun in Sarasota. A very large park - not real large sites but they will do. There is so much to do around Sarasota.

Laura & Tom

Let the good times roll!! Laura
Remax gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:30 AM   #17
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Lexington , Kentucky
Google Earth View

I think the space is a little tight but it's near the water, looks scenic, I wouldn't mind spending several days there.

[On a side note, YAY! Post #1000 ]

Rich & Yvonne
2006 Safari SE -Dora-
2004 4Runner SE

richw46 is offline   Reply With Quote