Old 12-27-2006, 07:34 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member
2005 31' Classic
Placentia , So. Calif.
Ah, yes. The Florida panhandle; the Redneck Riviera. Spent a week there one night.

2004 8.1L GMC Yukon XL pulling 2005 Classic 31'
bandboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 07:51 PM   #16

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
We are both natives, SuEllyn is fom Jacksonville and I am from Miami. Granted Miami has become very Latin, but probably no more so than Chicago. Miami still has the best weather in the country. Maybe that's why is has alaways been so popular. Miami in the 50' and 60's was a wonderous place. My youth is filled with many great memories. This past spring, I attend my 40th anniversary high school reunion. The old Miami is still there; you just have to know where to look. I grew up less than a mile from Downtown Miami. SuEllyn also lived in Miami for a number of years.

SuEllyn grew up in inner-city Jacksonville. Her Dad stiil lives in the same house; he has been there for 60 years. We just got back from Christmas in Jacksonville where we set up the Airstream in Daddy's yard. Jacksonville is also a great place. It is a big city with the usual big city problems, but it is a wonderful place to be from. I also lived in Jacksonville for almost twenty years, so I also speak from first hand knowledge.

We have both lived in Tallahassee. Tallahassee is also a great place to live and enjoy life. For the last eleven years, we have lived in the Florida Panhandle between Panama City and Pensacola. The Panhandle is another great place to live, except in another time zone.

We have both been here all of our lives. We have both traveled extensively and we enjoy seeing new places, but as far as a place to call home, this is it. We realize that many people come here to visit and to live, and we welcome them with open arms. Our economy depends on them, and we know that. We really do like to share all that Florida has to offer.

In 1950, Florida was ranked 28th in population of the then 48 states. Recent estimates have us surpassing New York, to become number 3 behind California and Taxas. There must be some good things still here for that to happen.

Come to Florida and enjoy it; we do.

SuEllyn & Brian McCabe
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2011 Silverado 3500 (Fred) with Outfitter Truck Camper (Ethel)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:25 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member
2006 28' Safari SE
Winter Park , Florida
I'm a native, too, if moving here at 3 qualifies me as a native - I've always debated that. My wife was born in Lake Worth, so she's legit.

"Pick" gets my vote as a "psuedo-native" based on the way he (she?) was able to cut it down but at the same time profess his undying love for the place, with all it's faults and quirks - just like a native. Good job, Pick.

What many people find interesting about Florida is just how country and Southern most of it is. I've grown up in the interior/rural areas of Florida and, like it or not, am just as country as my relatives in Tennessee, and with pretty much the same accent. If you slice about 3 miles off the edges of Florida all around the perimeter, you're pretty much left with cows, vegetables, citrus, sugar cane, swamp and forest. I left for 3 years to go to NC for law school, thinking I'd stay there, but missed the alligators and swamp so much I had to come back and will probably never leave again. Didn't miss the mosquitos but they come with the territory. Of course, even in the interior a lot of those things I mentioned are disappearing pretty quickly.
'06 28' Safari SE / '08 Chev 2500HD Duramax
'64 Me / '60's-ish wife / '90's kids / '06 Black Lab / '02 Poodle / oh, and a horse, too.

dbradhstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:15 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member
1972 29' Ambassador
Tucson , Arizona
Hey, Pick, you mean you don't want to come back to Chardon? Hasn't been bad here this winter, so far.......... T
tamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:26 PM   #19
1 Rivet Member
1960 17' Pacer
gulf hammock , Florida
greetings from Gulf Hammock

Howdy folks.A half century in Fla.Started out in Tampa [when Busch Gardens was a free bird show]then Clearwater.We camped as kids but it seemed the developers were always right behind us. Migrated north to Inglis in 1985 then to the hammock in 1992.Looks like were fixing to move north again to Mayo on the Suwanee river.From there we drift around to Steinhatchee [on the coast] where we fixed up an old Fla.cracker house.No beaches here just great gulf fishing and the states longest undeveloped coastline. Also one of the few places any where that you can harvest scallops. On up the coast we go to the big bend & take US98 out Carrebelle. AKA theForgotten Coast The point is if you REALLY want to see Fla. stay out of ratworld and the like and bring a boat. Icould go on&on but I dont type woth a hoot Love this site tho
60pacerhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:30 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member
1973 27' Overlander
Southport (Panama City) , Florida
Send a message via AIM to ibgl6
I was born and raised in Panama City Florida and live approx. 3 miles from the house I grew up in boy I sure dont get out much, Hahaha...
Your Friend Sam In (Southport) Panama City Florida

Air#15607 TAC FL-2

Good Sam (LifeTime Member)
ibgl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:26 PM   #21
Seriously New Rv'er!
2000 35' Land Yacht XL w/slide
dothan , Alabama
Originally Posted by dbradhstream
Boy, it did flood on Christmas day, though, didn't it? Down here we don't have many of those nice, soft, day-long rains that make you want to snuggle up in bed all day. We have one hour of torrential downpours and life-threatening lightning followed by sunshine.

Except in the summer, when we have one hour of torrential downpours and life-threatening lighting followed by about 2 hours of skin melting heat and clouds of steam rising from the ground, and sunshine.

Unless it's a hurricane. Then it's 24 hours of torrential downpours, life-threatening lightning and large trees moving from one neighborhood to another followed by several days of skin melting heat, clouds of steam ... oh, and sunshine.

OK, I'm reading old posts, trying to get as AS smart as I can as FAST as I can, and this *absolutely* cracked me up... I was howling! I live in WAY south Alabama, and we have this EXACT same weather! LOL.... thanks for the laugh!

DebbieT11 is offline   Reply With Quote