Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-28-2014, 06:36 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member
 
Bk Yd Safari's Avatar
 
2008 20' Safari
Tunnel Hill , Georgia
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 291
Images: 3
check out Guldings Lodge and Campground at Monument Valley. You can't beat the vistas and sunrises. Also the Navajo Tacos at Guilding Lodge are great...be sure to get a window seat!
__________________

__________________

Remember its not the destination, but rather the journey.... its what's in the middle that matters the most!
Bk Yd Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:21 PM   #16
Rivet Master
 
John&Vicki's Avatar
 
1990 25' Excella
Sisters , Oregon
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 887
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bk Yd Safari View Post
check out Guldings Lodge and Campground at Monument Valley. You can't beat the vistas and sunrises. Also the Navajo Tacos at Guilding Lodge are great...be sure to get a window seat!
A friend of mine highly recommended Monument Valley and Gouldings and we are staying there on the way to Moab. Fortunately we tow Nellie with a 4-wheel drive SUV so we can drop the trailer and tour the valley on our own.

Didn't know about the Navajo tacos though. Yum! Couple there with my name on them.

Poppy
__________________

__________________
John & Vicki
WBCCI #4291

Grown men don't need leaders. ~ Edward Abbey
John&Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:55 PM   #17
Rivet Master
 
pappy19's Avatar
 
2002 30' Classic S/O
Garden Valley , Idaho
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,418
Coming from the north, the first RV park coming into Moab is the better one of the bunch. The brew-pub in town has the best food and gelato. Bring your own alcohol in Utah or be disappointed. Moab and surrounding country is fantastic, like no where else.
__________________
2008 F-250 4X4 Lariat V-10
2002 Airstream Classic 30' w/SO #2074
2007 Kubota 900 RTV
1996 Ford Bronco
2007 Lincoln LT
pappy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:05 PM   #18
Rivet Master
 
John&Vicki's Avatar
 
1990 25' Excella
Sisters , Oregon
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 887
Images: 4
Pappy...

Checking with Allstays it looks like the Northern most one is Riverside Oasis RV Park - is that the one you're referring to? OK RV Park & Canyonland Stables and Spanish Trail RV Park both look pretty good also.

Thanks,
Poppy
__________________
John & Vicki
WBCCI #4291

Grown men don't need leaders. ~ Edward Abbey
John&Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:23 AM   #19
4 Rivet Member
 
Bk Yd Safari's Avatar
 
2008 20' Safari
Tunnel Hill , Georgia
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 291
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdmaestro View Post
Pappy...

Checking with Allstays it looks like the Northern most one is Riverside Oasis RV Park - is that the one you're referring to? OK RV Park & Canyonland Stables and Spanish Trail RV Park both look pretty good also.

Thanks,
Poppy
Riverside Oasis is a nice park even thought the sites are a little tight. I would stay there again when in the area.
__________________

Remember its not the destination, but rather the journey.... its what's in the middle that matters the most!
Bk Yd Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:25 AM   #20
4 Rivet Member
 
Bk Yd Safari's Avatar
 
2008 20' Safari
Tunnel Hill , Georgia
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 291
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdmaestro View Post
A friend of mine highly recommended Monument Valley and Gouldings and we are staying there on the way to Moab. Fortunately we tow Nellie with a 4-wheel drive SUV so we can drop the trailer and tour the valley on our own.

Didn't know about the Navajo tacos though. Yum! Couple there with my name on them.

Poppy
the tacos are flat bread and the size of a dinner plate!!!!
__________________

Remember its not the destination, but rather the journey.... its what's in the middle that matters the most!
Bk Yd Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:07 AM   #21
Don't forget your cat nap
 
Ag&Au's Avatar
 
Port Orchard , Washington
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,464
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bk Yd Safari View Post
the tacos are flat bread and the size of a dinner plate!!!!
To make it even better (or worse in my opinion) the flat bread is fried.

Ken
__________________
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:54 PM   #22
Len and Jeanne
 
Len n Jeanne's Avatar
 
2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,464
Re: Moab-- the Deadhorse Point state park campground above Moab is small (I think only about 20 sites) but they do take revs in advance. The Horsethief CG just before you get there is much bigger and first-come first serve. Unfortunately the high season in southern Utah anymore seems to last from about March through October.
Where Else Can I Camp? There is a menu on this page that shows all of the BLM CGs in the Moab region.

In addition to the brew pub, we enjoy Zax Pizza (wood-fired, order what you wish or serve yourself from the buffet) and the Back of Beyond bookstore.
__________________
Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:23 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member
 
2007 25' International CCD FB
Holladay , Utah
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy19 View Post
Coming from the north, the first RV park coming into Moab is the better one of the bunch. The brew-pub in town has the best food and gelato. Bring your own alcohol in Utah or be disappointed. Moab and surrounding country is fantastic, like no where else.

I've lived in Utah the last 12 years and have never had a problem buying liquor, either in a restaurant or finding a liquor store. And I drink a lot. The state liquor stores are closed on Sundays, as they are in most other states, but other than that, liquor restrictions in Utah are a myth. The real Prohibitionist are in Texas and Oklahoma.
__________________
FlashSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:55 AM   #24
Rivet Master
 
pappy19's Avatar
 
2002 30' Classic S/O
Garden Valley , Idaho
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,418
Well you are right that there are liquor stores in Utah, but if you want a drink at a restaurant, you must have food in front of you. You can't just go in and have a cocktail. Also, by law, you will only get exactly 1 oz of booze in your drink. You can't order a bottle of wine unless there are 4 people involved. It goes on and on.
__________________
2008 F-250 4X4 Lariat V-10
2002 Airstream Classic 30' w/SO #2074
2007 Kubota 900 RTV
1996 Ford Bronco
2007 Lincoln LT
pappy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:33 AM   #25
3 Rivet Member
 
2007 25' International CCD FB
Holladay , Utah
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy19 View Post
Well you are right that there are liquor stores in Utah, but if you want a drink at a restaurant, you must have food in front of you. You can't just go in and have a cocktail. Also, by law, you will only get exactly 1 oz of booze in your drink. You can't order a bottle of wine unless there are 4 people involved. It goes on and on.

You are right, the liquor laws are certainly bizarre but not restrictive. As I said, I've never wanted a drink and been unable to get one. And I drink every day. Bizarre laws are a tradition in Utah. For example, it is illegal in Utah to fish from horseback, it is illegal NOT to drink milk, and setting off a nuclear weapon is is illegal, while the possession of one is not. It's just part of the charm of the place. I believe you are mistaken about the wine. When my wife and I go out we always order a bottle of wine for just the two of us. Never a problem. A lot of the more silly liquor laws were repealed recently when Jon Huntsman was governor. Now the are just bizarre, like you can't order a pitcher of beer if you are alone, like anyone would unless they liked flat beer. And don't get me started about the Zion curtain. If the restaurant thing bothers you, just order a plate of French fries and all the booze you want, you'll be OK. There are lots of bars where food is not required. On the plus side, we do have the lowest incidence of drunk driving deaths per capita in the country, while next door in Nevada they have the highest. I always have at least a case of booze in the AS when I go camping no matter where I go. I'm very popular around the campfire.
__________________

__________________
FlashSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need assistance in Salt Lake City connorsa Full-Timing 1 07-10-2009 08:39 AM
Denver or Salt Lake city vintage repair shops? richard lane 1970-79 Tradewind 8 01-29-2009 08:23 PM
Hello From Salt Lake City CH53 C/C Member Introductions 4 04-19-2007 12:41 PM
Need 34' towed from Salt Lake City, UT to Eugene, OR audiobox Our Community 6 08-24-2006 12:41 PM
Need mentor in Salt lake city! please!! ob1coby General Repair Forum 2 06-28-2004 07:20 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.