Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-29-2014, 09:07 AM   #21
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bk Yd Safari View Post
the tacos are flat bread and the size of a dinner plate!!!!
To make it even better (or worse in my opinion) the flat bread is fried.

Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:54 AM   #22
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
Re: Moab-- the Deadhorse Point state park campground above Moab is small (I think only about 20 sites) but they do take revs in advance. The Horsethief CG just before you get there is much bigger and first-come first serve. Unfortunately the high season in southern Utah anymore seems to last from about March through October.
Where Else Can I Camp? There is a menu on this page that shows all of the BLM CGs in the Moab region.

In addition to the brew pub, we enjoy Zax Pizza (wood-fired, order what you wish or serve yourself from the buffet) and the Back of Beyond bookstore.
Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:23 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Holladay , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy19 View Post
Coming from the north, the first RV park coming into Moab is the better one of the bunch. The brew-pub in town has the best food and gelato. Bring your own alcohol in Utah or be disappointed. Moab and surrounding country is fantastic, like no where else.

I've lived in Utah the last 12 years and have never had a problem buying liquor, either in a restaurant or finding a liquor store. And I drink a lot. The state liquor stores are closed on Sundays, as they are in most other states, but other than that, liquor restrictions in Utah are a myth. The real Prohibitionist are in Texas and Oklahoma.
FlashSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:55 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Garden Valley , Idaho
Well you are right that there are liquor stores in Utah, but if you want a drink at a restaurant, you must have food in front of you. You can't just go in and have a cocktail. Also, by law, you will only get exactly 1 oz of booze in your drink. You can't order a bottle of wine unless there are 4 people involved. It goes on and on.
2002 Airstream Classic 30' w/SO #2074
2007 Kubota 900 RTV
1996 Ford Bronco
2007 Lincoln LT
pappy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:33 AM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Holladay , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy19 View Post
Well you are right that there are liquor stores in Utah, but if you want a drink at a restaurant, you must have food in front of you. You can't just go in and have a cocktail. Also, by law, you will only get exactly 1 oz of booze in your drink. You can't order a bottle of wine unless there are 4 people involved. It goes on and on.

You are right, the liquor laws are certainly bizarre but not restrictive. As I said, I've never wanted a drink and been unable to get one. And I drink every day. Bizarre laws are a tradition in Utah. For example, it is illegal in Utah to fish from horseback, it is illegal NOT to drink milk, and setting off a nuclear weapon is is illegal, while the possession of one is not. It's just part of the charm of the place. I believe you are mistaken about the wine. When my wife and I go out we always order a bottle of wine for just the two of us. Never a problem. A lot of the more silly liquor laws were repealed recently when Jon Huntsman was governor. Now the are just bizarre, like you can't order a pitcher of beer if you are alone, like anyone would unless they liked flat beer. And don't get me started about the Zion curtain. If the restaurant thing bothers you, just order a plate of French fries and all the booze you want, you'll be OK. There are lots of bars where food is not required. On the plus side, we do have the lowest incidence of drunk driving deaths per capita in the country, while next door in Nevada they have the highest. I always have at least a case of booze in the AS when I go camping no matter where I go. I'm very popular around the campfire.
FlashSilver is offline   Reply With Quote