Old 01-28-2011, 01:09 PM   #29
Rivet Master
1999 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Ohio
Janet & Leon,

Thanks for giving the heads up on the peppermint oil. I was really hoping that would be good thing. Oh well. I guess the best thing is to crawl under her and make certain all the little cracks and holes are closed up tightly.

Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member
2001 19' Bambi
Ashland , Oregon
TBR, thanks for adding to my rich collection of information. I looked at the Shady Dell online and it might be fun to have a 50s-style burger at Dot's Diner.
We've been to the Old Tucson Studios and had a fun day there.
I had a look at Gilbert Ray Park and that sounds nice too except my Tenderfoot DH likes the full-hookup-scene, lol. Still, if we see it I'd go in and take a look for future reference.

We leave tomorrow. I'm bringing lots of 'capri' trousers and cropped pants. Sandals, short-sleeves and a light jacket or two. Will that suffice or do I need to bring stuff for cooler weather? DH is already having fits about all clothes I jammed into the rig.

Kathleenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:08 PM   #31
Rivet Master
2005 19' Safari
Phoenix , Arizona
Just a suggestion, but we usually bring clothes that can be worn in layers to adjust for whatever weather comes up. We have sports vests that can be worn if it's cool; but if it turns cold, a light jacket over them makes up for not having a heavy coat. And, if it warms up, you can shed the vest and the jacket.

You should remember that you will be going through a lot of places on the way down here where it's still winter. Also, I think it is getting down in the 40's at night in many areas in Arizona, which is still a little chilly, especially if the wind comes up (although, we are lucky we don't have a lot of wind down here, like Kansas and other places).

Also, this early in the year, we usually pack one heavy coat each in a tub in the bed of the pickup (under a tonneau cover), in case we get caught in a winter storm or have to change a tire at night on some mountain pass.

Just a thought...
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:21 PM   #32
Rivet Master
We were in Green Valley today. Temperature was in the low 70's--delightful day.
It is still getting to the high 30's at night. Bring a thermostatically controlled heater for the Airstream as well as a couple of blankets for the bed.
handn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:35 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Yup...we are in the sun belt...but also, it is be prepared for the potential cold snap. They happen. We can have dramatic temp swings within the same 24 hours, so as Phoenix prepared to dress in's the name of the game here. But most of all have a blast!

TB & Greg and Abbey Schnauzer
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote