Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-06-2003, 01:08 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

First trip is HISTORY!

Well we finally got out on the road & had our first succesful camping trip! You do get alot of looks by passerbys when you tow something that shiny!!! Everything worked- the awning was a pain in the a** to put on but did it's job(We both were swearing"We're getting a ZIPDEE!" )But all in all it was great! Much better than a tent! The only bad thing is that everyone at the campground assumes your a snotty rich person with one of those AIRSTREAMS. Our neighbor in camp asked if our AS was one of those 30K+ models- we laughed & told her it was a 66-& they couldnt believe it!(Thanks in part to Dave the SHINE KING). Oh yeah remember to fill the water tank up all the way...I forgot too! & got & earful from the Mrs'& kids... We have pics to post ..& with the help of Silvertwinkie in getting our computer Up To Snuff- they'll be here soon. Thanks to all who helped out with our problems the past month!
Chitown AirStreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 08:51 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Hope your recent trip is the first of many happy outings.

I also noted you have problems with awnings. I thought I was "The Lone Ranger" and the only one that had problems with it. Been thinking of installing a winch on my truck to help pull the dude open!! I'm off in a few hours camping with our kids===maybe I'll let them pull the awning open.

Happy trails!!

don
Old 08-08-2003, 08:58 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
bay city , Michigan
new awning

any body have any idea how much a new awning will cost?
my awning is of the cloth type and weighs about (well feels like) 300 lbs when trying to open and close it i would like to upgrade just concerned about price and mounting holes already in the trailer.
FireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote