Old 04-10-2011, 07:09 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Venice , Florida
When I was a kid, I thought my dad was nuts making me read his preflight list when we went up in his airplane. Now I see the wisdom in having a list for everything. You get lazy and think everything is covered. Thanks dad for many safe flights.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:30 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
Sault ste Marie , Ontario
Pre flights on airplanes yes, when was the last time you got a tow truck at 20,000 feet. All the above applies as well as make your first trip a short one for a weekend to make a list of all the things you forgot or didn't think of. You'll be surprised how long it can get. Also, I like to go for twenty minutes to half an hour and then pull over and check tires and wheel hubs for heat and the whole rig for stuff not right........cheers and have a blast..........Phil.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Venice , Florida
Harbor Freight has those infrared thermometers for a very reasonable price. I think I'm going to get one just for the bearings and tires. Can't hurt!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:11 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Tenafly , New Jersey
We made extensive lists and are happy to share. I posted them somewhere on airforums. They are also on www.rv4thecause.org. here's the link to all the lists: lists of checklists; checklists before you leave, when you get there, when you leave there and when you get back home.....lists of stupid things we did our first year (some winners there!), menus, the works. Tax Guy Goes RVing

Perhaps the most sage advice was given somewhere in the forums: Take duct tape for anything that moves and shouldn't, WD-40 for anything that should move but doesn't, and a couple of bottles of red wine for the rest. ENJOY!!

PS We did take Robin Williams movie RV along to watch that first night out in case we missed anything. Its a great documentary for that first trip out.

www.RV4TheCause.org

WBCCI No. 1577, Watchung NJ Unit No. 068; TAC - NJ-4; Nova founding member No. 006
pattimarty is offline   Reply With Quote