Old 07-29-2003, 09:59 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
Excellent Campground

I realize most members of the forum are not on the west coast, but for those of you who are, check out Lake Siskiyou Camp Resort at Mount Shasta. It is excellent. 250 acres. Everything from parking lot style sites for people who like neighbors to very spacious and visually separated campsites (with volcano views) for the nature lovers. You can see the details at We liked it so much we're going back next month.

mcostanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 05:02 AM   #2
Rivet Master
South Shore , Kentucky
While we were on our FLA vacation about a week or so ago and we stayed in one of the nicest campgrounds I've ever stayed in.

We stayed at the Kissimmee KOA which was a newly constructed campground. (Last Nov.) It absolutely had the cleanest showers and restroom facilities I've ever seen.

The lavatory I think was constructed of marble. If I got too close to the towel dispenser, it would automatically kick out a piece of towel for drying your hands, (kind of fancy for someone from our neck of the woods) and of course it was A/C. Now get this….there was a color television mounted on the wall tuned to the weather channel. There was also one mounted in the handicapped shower room as well.

The pull through was paved and it had a very nice picnic table on a concrete pad. It was mostly in the sun but that didn’t bother us very much, after all we were in FLA. We spent most of our time during the day in the parks, etc. beating the pavement, so to speak!

They had a nice store on site and a swimming pool. The laundry wasn’t finished yet but was to be in the near future.

It was just very nice over all and I would recommend it for a place to stay when visiting the Orlando area.
Visit our church on the web!

"A safe camper is a Happy Camper"

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Silvertwinky is offline   Reply With Quote