Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
South Kingstown , Rhode Island
Enjoying our Airstreams

We've been using our Airstream finally, after 10 years of ownership, for small local camping trips, and we've found that really, really like camping in the little trailer. It feels like we are understanding how others are drawn to RVing in general and to vintage Airstreams in particular, but I wondered what specifically people loved about their trailers.

I was recently visiting my cousin in his studio, we're both architects, and he had an Airstream model on a shelf. He didn't know that we had an actual full size one, and we began to talk about the appeal of the trailer. I love the little self contained house on wheels, and the sense that we can be at home almost anywhere. It's also an escape pod. Not to mention traveling and the romance of the open road, seeing things and meeting people.

I'm curious to hear from others about their Airstream attraction.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Chatham , Ontario
We graduated from tent camping but considered nothing other than the iconic Airstream. I think we were lucky with our timing because we came across the International Series with the Serenity interior, which suited us perfectly, and we're now so glad that we made the move from the tent.

Our prime motivators for Airstream were the exterior and interior styling and the realisation that Airstreams are peerless when it comes to towing; we just couldn't park our Airstream up for the season as it has to be out on the open roads as much as possible. It's also great to belong to the Airstream Community; a nicer group of people you couldn't find anywhere.

"You can't tow that with that!"

https://sites.google.com/view/towedhaul/home
MrUKToad is offline   Reply With Quote