Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...

Old 06-01-2015, 12:24 AM   #15
Rivet Master
2014 25' FB International
2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Qualicum Beach , British Columbia
Originally Posted by scamp View Post
If your looking at electric BBQ have a look at the webber Q I have seen them at lowes I have the propane version and love it I think it's the best BBQ I ever had!
Just came back from a wonderful BBQ dinner at friends. The are in a condo and can't use gas so they use the electric Q at home and the gas 100Q on the road and they say they cook the same. I sure can attest to the dinner cooked on the electric tonight and we love our gas version.

gandttimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:06 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member
1988 34' Excella
Rocky Mount , North Carolina
I tore my Magic Chef stove out of our AS also and put in a single drawer dishwasher. Under the dishwasher is my drawer for my PIC. My hands can't take hand washing anymore. I love induction so much and the Nuwave PIC is wonderful. I have two. One in the AS and one in the summer camper in Ohio near Lake Eire. (This morning we were treated to a half dozen families of geese on the Portage River.) I have used the PIC for close to three years. I still use the infrared but not as much. It is harder to clean than the PIC and a pan. I am glad to hear of some other ASer who committed the sacrilege of tearing out their Magic Chef stove!

Sunnysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:36 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
At home we use and quite like a Wolfgang Puck electric grill/griddle. It gets hot enough to turn out fabulous rib eyes (prime from Costco) and also will grill asparagus and zucchini. It doubles as a griddle for pancakes, hash browns etc. Very versatile.

Caffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:45 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Advisory - Nu-Wave Induction burner - mixed review!

Small Hijack. I have the NuWave induction burners and whenever I'm camped with hookups they're #1 for anything simple - especially that morning cuppa coffee. You can literally set the timer (read the instructions, I have to every time I reset the thing) so that the teapot will start heating at 7:00 AM. Alarm clock and water is ready to pour over grounds!

Now for the hijack - I bought my last pair in November of 2013 - and in the mail today I got a dunning notice that I hadn't paid the last of three installments. After reviewing my credit card statements from that time period and my spam file of ads from Nu-Wave..... They never BILLED ME for the third payment. My credit card did expire about 7 months after the purchase, but they didn't bill me on month 3. Next, I scanned every e-mail sent to me by the company - and not one EVER said "hey we couldn't bill you because...." I got over 20 offers to sell me MORE stuff... no hint there was a balance owed.

About 3 months ago I did get a new card with a new number and security check feature built in - due to someone else's large data breach, but we're talking a year and 4 months after the company failed to bill for the 3rd installment.

I don't dispute that I owe them the money, but the letter was a threat to go to collections - so I called and got "Ms. Nasty" All I wanted was to make this right, but I also did not feel it was appropriate to fail to notify me that there was a problem for 16 months, then threaten to send me to a collections company.

I actually LIKE the Nu-Wave. It's performed exactly as shown in the infomercials, but it is bulkier than many other induction burners, and the great bargain "2 for $100" is deceptive. The great bargain is offset by a "shipping and handling charge" of almost $70.00. I'm not cheap but I vote with my pocketbook. I like having 2 of them, though I've probably used both at once only a few times. (Owning a very small call center has left me with zero tolerance for snottiness from people who are being paid to be nice to me!) So, If the current ones burn out, I'll buy a different brand locally.

Go ship and handle yourselves, Nu-Wave!

Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote