Originally Posted by wbrownrr
Any suggestions for campgrounds? We much prefer Forest Service, etc. over RV parks
There are 4 Nat'l Forest Campgrounds near Bishop:
1. East Fork Campground, about 23 miles NW of Bishop on 395, then 5 miles South on CR-FH89. 36 ft max RV length. 760-873-2500
2. Four Jeffrey Campground, about 13 miles SW of Biship on Hwy 168, then 1/2 mil south on CR-8S01. 760-873-2500
3. French Camp, about 22 miles NW on 395 from junction of Hwy 6 and Hwy 395, then 1/4 mile South on CR-FH89. 36 ft max RV length. 760-873-2500
4. Tuff Campground, about 23 miles NW on 395 from Bishop. 36 ft max RV length. 760-873-2500
BLM manages Crowly Lake campgrounds, 22ft max RV length. It is 5 1/2 miles north of Bishop on 395, then turn onto Crowley Lake Dr. (760) 872-4881.
Note that all of these will be HOT during August. We prefer to stay at the higher (and typically cooler) elevations up by June Lakes or Mammoth.
Nat'l Forest has 2 campgrounds near June Lake:
1. OH Ridge Campground. (760) 647-3000.
2. Silver Lake District Campground. (760) 647-3044. First come, first served.
All of these campsites have no hookups.