Old 10-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member
2006 23' Safari SE
Tracy , California
Eastern Sierra Nevada

I am looking for Camping options on the Eastern slope of the Sierra Nevada's. Full hook ups would be nice. We typically like to fish and treasure hunt, looking at summer early fall type of time frame.

2006 23' Safari
2006 F-150
Zugbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
Jack Dog in So Cal
2013 16' Sport
Orange , California
Eastern Sierra

In the Lone Pine area I suggust Boulder Creek RV park just south of town on 395. The best RV place in the Eastern Sierra. Many pull through sites with sit down views of Mt. Whitney and the Sierra Nevada and to the east the Inyo Mtn. You will see F18's from China Lake buzz the valley floor on a daily basis doing their training runs. Some sites have concrete pads to step out on, nice clubhouse, pool, showers and store. My favorite site is #74 (end spot, pull through, concrete pads and views of Whitney. Take in the Lone Pine Film Musuem while there and it's a great place to stay if you want to do a day trip into Death Valley.

In Bishop I really like Brown's Town. It's just south of downtown next to the golf course. Try and get a site towards the back on the golf course side. It is a bit noisey due to being just off 395 in town but you can walk to everything. Jack's Waffle Shop is the best for breakfast, Schat's world famous bakery and Whisky Creek for lunch and dinner.

In the June Lake area next to the Oh Ridge campground is Pine Cliff resort off 395 at the South June Lake Loop. I've only used the showers since we always stay next door at Oh Ridge campground. Many of the sites there have sit down views of June Mtn. and June Lake but no hook ups. Friends of mine who have stayed there because they want hook ups have given it a good rating.

Hope this information helps,
Jack Dog
in So Cal

JackDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
Rivet Master
2007 25' Safari FB SE
St. Hedwig , Texas
We enjoyed that area several years ago. Plenty of thing to see and do. I believe it was late April or early May and we stayed in the Grey National Park at the 6000 foot level. No hookups and it snowed every night. Our space was tight for our 25' FB but we enjoyed it just the same. Lots of western B movies the area by Gene Autry, Roy Roger, and Hop Along Cassidy. Great area to visit.
gaylejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
Mono Vista RV Resort

I have stayed at the Mono Vista RV resort in Lee Vining. It is a very nice park just above Highway 395. They offer full hook-ups. If you go there, just east of Highway 395 on Highway 120 (towards Yosemite), is Tioga Gas Mart that has the Whoa Nellie Deli---great food that you wouldn't expect out there.

Good Luck, Randy Bowman
OB Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote