Old 12-08-2009, 11:38 PM   #15
The Silver Biscuit

2004 28' International CCD
Austin , Texas
Would definitely do 380 down to Roswell and on to Carlsbad, as opposed to the Clovis/Lubbock route, which may be a little faster but is awfully blah. Agree with above poster on Fort Davis State Park, exp. if you have any interest in the observatory and star parties. It's not too far off I-10, whereas Big Bend is 3-4 hours south. Balmorreah state park is worth a stop for a swim in the huge spring fed pool, constant temp year round. Then back on I10 to Kerrville to Fredricksburg and over to Austin. Buckhorn Lake RV resort along I-10 is nice if you need a stop in that vicinity, as is Guadalupe River State park in Kerrville.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:50 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
It's all about choices...yours!!!

...or, you could just fly and rent a car in Austin but, you CAN"T!!! You own an Airstream...or...does it own you...?

We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:00 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1965 28' Ambassador
Irving , Texas
If you go back through Amarillo stop in Claude,Tx.(town before Amarillo) at the Mighty Burger.They get the hamburger fixins from a local ranch and the best burgers in the world.Also they have an old hand potato slicer for homemade fries!!
Sounds like a great trip!
Old 12-09-2009, 09:53 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
1966 17' Caravel
in , zazen
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilesrob View Post
I would calculate my trip around getting to the Owl Cafe in San Antonio, NM for either lunch or dinner - unbelievable green chili cheeseburgers and fries. It is right on Rt 380/I-25, and then keep heading east on 380 - very pretty.

You'll look at the place and wonder about bringing your kids in - heck, I wasn't sure about going in myself, but the place is awesome.
Thanks for the warning but I grew up in South Africa. I am very street smart. I just keep the kids a little closer. We are very open minded.
And we LOVE green chili burgers! That is going on the list for sure!
Old 12-09-2009, 10:04 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
1966 17' Caravel
in , zazen
Bearstreamer1 Your family is lucky to have you! What an adventurer you sound like! Thank you for all the great advice, everyone thank you.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:33 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
1966 17' Caravel
in , zazen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIrony-2 View Post
...or, you could just fly and rent a car in Austin but, you CAN"T!!! You own an Airstream...or...does it own you...?
NEVER!! What would be fun about that? NEVER
Old 12-09-2009, 11:30 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
1966 17' Caravel
in , zazen
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichHog View Post
Last August we left Durango went through Albuquerque to Roswell and on to Carlsbad, spent the night at a state park near there, went through the caverns next day and through Guadalupe Mountains State Park (54) to Van Horn is a great drive. Here you hit I10 and go to San Antonio and over to Austin. We wanted to stick with the mountains as long as we could.
Do you remember which park? There seems to be two. I was thinking the Living Desert St Park would be great as they have animals! There is a new park called Brantley St park. Someone mentioned Bosque St Park being just North of Carlsbad but I think its over by Truth or Consequences?
Man I cant wait for those burgers. And I think we may make it to Mcdonald observatory for the star party on Sat night if we can dig out!!
Our tow vehicle wont start now.Its a diesel 05 Dodge 2500. Too cold and we cant find the plug in switch? We have looked everywhere and so did as friend. Any suggestions????
Old 12-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #22
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
You could stop off in Madrid(mad rid) New Mexico and mine some turquoise at my friend Tim's mine. You might find a treasure there, but you will certainly have the experience of a life time. If you want you can read about my adventure to the turquoise mine. Madrid is not on the way, but an adventure and memory of a life time is what you are looking for, so why not take a detour
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:57 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
1966 17' Caravel
in , zazen
So I think we will go south out a Durango(with tears in our eyes, this is a great place, just not the time for us)head 550 thru Albuquerque than 25 due south to San Antonio NM. Stop and get a big greasy green chili burger(we may have to eat at both cafes just to try them) than head on to Carlsbad. Stay at living desert state park(the kids will love the animals) go to the caverns the next morning than take off at lunch and go to Fort Davis Tx. Arrive in early evening and join in the "star party" sleep in Fort Davis. In the AM We will make the long haul to Austin. Thank you to all of you and i will def be going to those springs in Balmorhea next time we are in west Tx during the warm months!

Does anyone know which thread has all the good places in NM listed? I ran across it a few days ago and have done several searchs but cant find it? I thought it was under forum on the road or boondocking?
Old 12-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #24
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
I've got couple of lists of things to see and do in NM. I'll start with southern NM and follow with northern NM:

Things to see and do in Southern New Mexico
Silver City
Official Web Site for Silver City and Grant County, New Mexico, presented by the Silver City - Grant County Chamber of Commerce!
Shakespeare Ghost Town, National Historic Site
Shakespeare Ghost Town - New Mexico USA - Official Homepage
The Pit Mine in Santa Rita
THE SANTA RITA MINE
Fort Bayard (the Buffalo Soldiers Fort)
Buffalo Soldiers - Fort Bayard National Cemetery
Fort Bayard National Cemetery - Grant County, New Mexico
The Cat Walk in Glenwood, Catwalk National Recreation Trail
Gila National Forest - Home
Truth or Consequences Hot Springs
hot_springs
Elephant Butte Lake (state park listed separately below)
Discover Elephant Butte Lake, New Mexico
Smokey the Bear Capitan
SmokeyBear.com - Get Your Smokey On - Only You Can Prevent Wildfires
Fort Sumner (where Billy the Kid is buried!)
Ft. Sumner Chamber of Commerce
Billy The Kid Museum
Billy the Kid Museum, Fort Sumner, New Mexico

Bosque Redondo, Navajo
http://www.nmculture.org/cgi-bin/ins...recordnum=SUMN
Bosque Redondo
The Space Museum in Alamogordo
New Mexico Museum of Space History » Alamogordo, New Mexico » Celebrating the significant role the state of New Mexico has played in the development of the U.S. Space Program
Trinity Site (first atomic bomb)
Trinity Site
Buddy Holly's recording studio in Clovis
Norman Petty Studios - Where Buddy Holly Recorded - Photographs
Deming, NM
Deming, New Mexico
Luna Mimbres Museum
Deming Luna Mimbres Museum in Deming NM : MuseumStuff.com details
Ruidoso
The Ruidoso Web Site... Ruidoso, New Mexico
Cloudcroft
Cloudcroft New Mexico Official Website, Chamber of Commerce Website
Roswell
Roswell, New Mexico Chamber of Commerce Official Site
Roswell and UFOs
http://www.iufomrc.com/
La Mesilla
Mesilla, New Mexico, USA
Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum, Las Cruces
New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum | Las Cruces, New Mexico | Celebrating and Preserving the History and Culture of Farming and Ranching in New Mexico
Tularosa
The Lure Of The Tularosa
Lincoln County
Lincoln County, New Mexico - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bosque del Apache
http://www.fws.gov/southwest/refuges/newmex/bosque/
Very Large Array
NRAO Very Large Array

National Monuments/Parks/Rec Areas, State Parks and Scenic Byways(North and South)
New Mexico's Scenic Byways:
Explore New Mexico's Scenic Byways
El Morro (Inscription Rock) National Monument
El Morro National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)
El Malpais National Monument
El Malpais National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)
Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument
Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)
Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument
Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)
White Sands National Monument
White Sands National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)
Carlsbad Caverns National Park
Carlsbad Caverns National Park (U.S. National Park Service)
National Natural Landmarks in New Mexico:
New Mexico
Bosque del Apache Natl Wildlife Refuge
Intro Page Friends of the Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge, New Mexico, NWR, National Wildlife Refuge, Birding
Ice Caves and Bandera Volcano
The Land Of Fire & Ice
National Solar Observatory (near Cloudcroft)
NSO/SP: Visitor Information
Valley of Fires Recreation Area
Valley of Fires Recreation Area, Carrizozo, New Mexico
Three Rivers Petroglyphs Site
Three Rivers Petroglyph Site, NM (DesertUSA)
New Mexico State Parks (southern New Mexico):
New Mexico State Parks
Rockhound State Park
Sumner Lake State Park
Oasis State Park
Bottomless Lakes State Park
Brantley Lake State Park
Living Desert State Park
Caballo Lake State Park
City of Rocks State Park
Elephant Butte State Park
Leasburg Dam State Park
Manzano Mountains State Park
Oliver Lee Memorial State Park
Pancho Villa State Park
Percha Dam State Park
Santa Rosa Lake State Park
Camping and other info links:
Camping and Other Info Links
NM Assn of RV Parks & Campgrounds, listing every park and campground in thd state along with links to New Mexico's cities, towns, events calendars, and tourism request forms!
RVers with Special Interests, including 55+ Parks; Where to escape the heat; where to fish; where to golf; where to hold RV rallies; where to ski; where to snowbird; and much more
Click here for printable listings of New Mexico's public and private parks and campgrounds to take with you on your trip!
Old 12-09-2009, 04:03 PM   #25
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
And here's northern NM:
Things to see and do in northern New Mexico (with a few longer descriptions):
Albuquerque
Visiting Albuquerque - Best Golf Courses
Albuquerque - Albuquerque New Mexico - Albuquerque NM
History:
Quote:
Albuquerque is a city with a long history. There is evidence that as long as 25,000 years ago, people inhabited this area. Some scientists have estimated the date to be 10,000 years ago. In any case, the area has an old heritage. The Anasazi Indians lived here from 1100 to 1300 A.D. In 1540, the Spanish explorer, Francisco Vasques do Coronado arrived from Mexico. After Coronado left, more Spanish settlers moved here. By the 1600's, the area was called: "Bosque Grande de San Francisco Xavier" (A bosque is a forest on the banks of a river or body of water or possibly an area of thick vegetation). In 1706, Don Francisco Cuervo y Valdez asked the Spanish government for permission to establish a villa here. There must be 30 families to do so. There were only 18 at this time, but Cuervo, who was at the time the provisional governor of the territory, knew the plan would help his future. Cuervo planned to name the villa, Alburquerque, after the viceroy Francisco Fernandez de la Cueva, the Duke of Alburquerque. His application was accepted and the city of Alburquerque was formed. The first "r" was dropped from the name supposedly when a sign painter omitted it because he couldn't spell it or just didn't have enough room. There is another theory about the latin spelling of Albuquerque, which means white oak.
Albuquerque: Old Town
http://www.oldtownalbuquerque.com/
Albuquerque area: Tramway
Sandia Peak Tramway
Albuquerque: Balloon Festival (early Oct)
Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta | Mass Happiness
Albuquerque area: Petroglyph National Monument
Petroglyph National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)
Albuquerque area: Turquoise Trail National Scenic Byway
Stops || Category || Sandia Park || Turquoise Trail National Scenic Byway (New Mexico)
Albuquerque: Indian Pueblo Cultural Center
Welcome to the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center
Santa Fe & area
Santa Fe Convention and Visitors Bureau: Visitors Guide
Santa Fe Chamber of Commerce
History:
Quote:
Indians have lived here for over 1,000 years! Santa Fe is the second oldest city in the United States. Don Pedro de Paralta was appointed Governor and Capitan General of New Mexico by the Viceroy of New Spain on 30 March 1609. He was to go to New Mexico with other soldiers and priests and to found the Villa of Santa Fe.
New Mexico was brought into the United States in 1846. At that time, the Catholic Church sent Archbishop John Lamy to reorganize the religious practices of the territory. Religion continues to play a large part in the Santa Fe area. The original name for the city was "La Villa de la Santa Fe San Francisco de Assisi," or in english, "The Royal City of the Holy Faith of Saint Francis of Assisi."
Santa Fe has been the capital under four different flags since 1610: Spain, Mexico, the U.S. Confederacy and the United States. The influence of many different cultures can especially be seen in the architecture. The adobe is from the Moors. The eastern styles and materials from the Anglos. There are many old, historic buildings in Santa Fe, such as the Miraculous Winding Staircase at the Loretto Chapel or the San Miguel Mission - the oldest church in the United States. Santa Fe has also become a cultural center for the region. The Santa Fe Fiesta has been celebrated
since 1769. It remains a center for craftsmen and artisans to this day.
Santa Fe: La Fonda (historic Harvey hotel)
La Fonda Santa Fe, Santa Fe Hotel, Santa Fe Hotels, Hotel in Santa Fe
Santa Fe: Loretto Chapel
Santa Fe weddings at The Loretto Chapel in Santa Fe, New Mexico
Santa Fe area: Pecos National Historical Park
Pecos National Historical Park (U.S. National Park Service)
Battle of Glorieta Pass, Civil War
Glorieta Pass
Los Alamos: Atomic Lab Science Museum
Bradbury Science Museum: LANL: Home Page
Los Alamos: Bandelier National Monument
Bandelier National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)
Los Alamos area: Valle Grande (caldera)
Valle Grande - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jemes Springs: hot springs, pueblo
Jemez Springs, New Mexico
Jemez Springs: Grotto, Soda Falls, camping
The Jemez Mountains, near Santa Fe, New Mexico
Puye Cliffs National Historic Monument
Puye Cliffs Home Page
Chimayo
Chimayó
Chimayo: Sanctuario de Chimayo
El Santuario do Chimayo - Archdiocese of Santa Fe
Abiquiu: arts and photography
Abiquiú Studio Tour
Abiquiu: Ghost Ranch
Ghost Ranch in Abiquiu and in Santa Fe, an Education, Retreat and Conference Center - Home
Abiquiu area: Echo Amphitheater
Echo Amphitheater, Carson National Forest Service, New Mexico, USA
Ojo Caliente
Ojo Caliente, New Mexico, USA
Ojo Caliente: Spa
Hot Springs, New Mexico - Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa
Chama: Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad
Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad
Las Vegas: 900 historical buildings!
About the Las Vegas Citizen's Committee for Historic Preservation
Las Vegas: Montezuma Castle
Montezuma Castle (hotel) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fort Union & Santa Fe Trail
Fort Union, New Mexico National Monument
Fort Union National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)
Taos
History:
Quote:
There is evidence that man has lived in the Taos area as far back as 3,000 B.C. Prehistoric ruins dating from 900 A.D. can be seen throughout the Taos Valley. The Pueblo of Taos remains the link from these early inhabitants of the valley to the still-living native culture.
The first Europeans to appear in Taos valley were led by Captain Alvarado, who was exploring the area for the Coronado expedition of 1540. Don Juan de Onate, official colonizer of the province of Nuevo Mexico, came to Taos in July 1598. In September of that year he assigned Fray Francisco de Zamora to serve the Taos and Picuris Pueblos.
Long established trading networks at Taos Pueblo, plus its mission and the abundant water and timber of the valley, attracted early Spanish settlers.
Life was not easy for the newcomers, and there were several conflicts with Taos Pueblo before the Pueblo revolt of 1680 in which all Spaniards and their priests were either killed or driven from the province. In 1692 Don Diego de Vargas made a successful military reconquest of New Mexico and in 1693 he returned to recolonize the province. In 1694 he raided Taos Pueblo when it refused to provide corn for his starving settlers in Santa Fe.
Taos Pueblo revolted again in 1696, and De Vargas came for the third time to put down the rebellion. Thereafter, Taos and most of the other Rio Grande Pueblos remained allies of Spain and later of Mexico when it won its independence in 1821. During this long period the famous Taos Trade Fairs grew in importance so that even the annual caravan to Chihuahua delayed its departure until after the Taos Fair, which was held in July or August. The first French traders, led by the Mallette brothers, attended the Taos Fair in 1739.
By 1760, the population of Taos valley had decreased because of the fierce attacks by Plains Indians. Many times the Spanish settlers had to move into houses at Taos Pueblo for protection from these raiders. In 1779, Colonel de Anza returned through Taos from Colorado, where he had decisively defeated the Comanches led by Cuerno Verde. De Anza named the Sangre de Cristo Pass, northeast of present Fort Garland, and also named the road south from Taos to Santa Fe through Miranda Canyon as part of "El Camino Real". In 1796 - 97, the Don Fernando de Taos grant was given to 63 Spanish families.
By the early 1800's, Taos had become the headquarters for many of the famous mountain men who trapped beaver in the neighboring mountains. Among them was Kit Carson, who made his home in Taos from 1826 to 1868. In July 1826 Padre Antonio Jose Martinez began serving the Taos parish. He opened his school in Taos in 1833 and published textbooks for it in 1834. He printed "El Crepusculo", a weekly newspaper in 1835, and was prominent in territorial matters during the Mexican and early United States periods in New Mexico.
After Mexico gained independence from Spain in 1821, the Santa Fe Trail became the important route for trade between the United States and Mexico. A branch of the trail came to Taos to supply its trading needs.From 1821 to 1846, the Mexican government made numerous land grants to help settle new sections of New Mexico. During the war with Mexico in 1846, General Stephen Kearney and his U.S. troops occupied the province of New Mexico. Taos rebelled against the new wave of invaders and in 1847 killed the newly appointed Governor Charles Bent, in his Taos home. In 1850 the province, which then included Arizona, officially became the territory of New Mexico of the United States.
During the civil war, the confederate army flew its flag for six weeks over Santa Fe. It was just prior to this time that Kit Carson, Smith Simpson, Ceran St. Vrain and others put up the American flag over Taos Plaza and guarded it. Since then, Taos has had the honor of flying the flag day and night.The discovery of gold in the Moreno valley in 1866 and later in the mountains near Taos brought many new people to the area. Twining and Red River, once mining towns, are now prominent ski resorts. The Carson National Forest contains forested lands in the Sangre de Cristo and Jemez Mountain Ranges. It was created from the Pecos River Forest Reserve of 1892, the Taos Forest Reserve of 1906, and part of the Jemez National Forest of 1905.
A narrow gauge railroad, the Denver and Rio Grande Western, was built from Alamosa, Colorado, to within 25 miles southwest of Taos in 1880. In later years it was nicknamed the Chili Line. It eventually connected with Santa Fe. A surrey and four horses joggled passengers from the station to Taos. During World War II, the train was discontinued; Embudo Station on the Rio Grande is all that is left of it today.
The next invasion began in 1898, when two eastern artists came to Taos and depicted on canvas the dramatic mountains and unique peoples. By 1912, the Taos Society of Artists was formed by these and other artists who had been attracted to the area. New Mexico became a state in 1912 as well. World Wars I and II came and went, and members of the three cultures of Taos -- Indian, Spanish and Anglo -- fought and died together for their country.
http://www.taoschamber.com/
Taos: Galleries & museums
TaosWebb - Taos and Northern New Mexico Art and Culture
Taos area: Ranchos de Taos church
THE COLLECTOR’S GUIDE: RANCHOS DE TAOS CHURCH
Taos area: Taos pueblo
Taos Pueblo - New Mexico Native American Indians
Taos area: Rio Grande Gorge Bridge
Rio Grande Gorge Bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Taos area: Wild Rivers Rec Area (BLM site)
Wild Rivers Recreation Area
Taos area: White Water rafting
White Water Rafting Adventures in the Taos New Mexico Intermountain Region
Enchanted Circle Scenic Byway: Angel Fire, Eagle Nest, Red River, Questa, Taos
Vietnam Veterans National Memorial, Angel Fire
The David Westphall Veterans Foundation
Elizabethtown (Ghost Town)
Elizabethtown- New Mexico Ghost Town
Acoma pueblo (Sky City)
Acoma Pueblo | New Mexico Magazine Travel Guide
Acoma, The Sky City - DesertUSA
El Morro (Inscription Rock) National Monument
El Morro National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)
El Malpais National Monument
El Malpais National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)
Ice Caves and Bandera Volcano
The Land Of Fire & Ice
Gallup, Center for Native American history, art, culture, tradition, and GREAT shopping
http://www.gallupnm.org/visitors/index.cfm
Inter-Tribal Indian Ceremonial at Gallup
http://gallup-ceremonial.org/
Shiprock. More just to see than to visit; you'll be able to see it from all over the northwest corner of the state. (In earlier times, prior to air pollution, you could see it from the top of Sandia Peak and from some places at Mesa Verde, that is, from much further away. Now that happens only on particularly clear days.)
Navajo Nation: Fair at Shiprock and much more
Navajo Nation
Discover Navajo - Navajo Nation Culture, Tourism, Native American Information
Bisti Badlands Wilderness
Bisti Badlands- DesertUSA
National Monuments/Parks/Rec Areas, State Parks and Scenic Byways(North and South)
New Mexico's Scenic Byways:
Explore New Mexico's Scenic Byways
Albuquerque area: Petroglyph National Monument
Aztec Ruins National Monument
Aztec Ruins National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)
Bandelier National Monument
Bandelier National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)
Chaco Culture National Historical Park
Chaco Culture National Historical Park (U.S. National Park Service)
Petroglyph National Monument
Puye Cliffs National Historic Monument
Puye Cliffs Home Page
Fort Union National Monument
Fort Union National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)
Capulin Volcano National Monument
Capulin Volcano National Monument (U.S. National Park Service)
Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument (BLM)
Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument
National Natural Landmarks in New Mexico:
National Park Service - Nature & Science: National Natural Landmarks
New Mexico State Parks (northern New Mexico):
New Mexico State Parks
Conchas Lake
Ute Lake State Park
Bluewater Lake State Park
Hyde Memorial State Park
Rio Grande Nature Center
Red Rock State Park (operated by the City of Gallup)
El Vado Lake State Park
Fenton Lake State Park
Navajo Lake State Park
Heron Lake State Park
Cimarron Canyon State Park
Clayton Lake State Park
Coyote Creek State Park
Morphy Lake State Park
Storrie Lake State Park
Sugarite Canyon State Park
Eagle Nest Lake State Park
Vietnam Veterans Memorial
Camping and Other Info Links
NM Assn of RV Parks & Campgrounds, listing every park and campground in thd state along with links to New Mexico's cities, towns, events calendars, and tourism request forms!
RVers with Special Interests, including 55+ Parks; Where to escape the heat; where to fish; where to golf; where to hold RV rallies; where to ski; where to snowbird; and much more
Click here for printable listings of New Mexico's public and private parks and campgrounds to take with you on your trip!
Old 12-09-2009, 04:22 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
1966 17' Caravel
in , zazen
YES THANK YOU!Very impressive and we will def be visiting you on another trip. Maybe for the balloon festival. Thanks for the time you put into that list.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:35 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
block heater cord

Quote:
Originally Posted by casitaplata View Post
Our tow vehicle wont start now.Its a diesel 05 Dodge 2500. Too cold and we cant find the plug in switch? We have looked everywhere and so did as friend. Any suggestions????
We had a 2000 Chevy 3500 diesel, and the plug in cord was bundled up under the driver's side, under the engine and I think was tied to the frame or suspension...it had never been plugged in, so it was still bundled from the factory, and tucked where it couldn't snag...so yer goin' to McDonald's for a hamburger and a view...?...m

We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:15 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 25' Tradewind
Houston , Texas
Carlsbad NM

It was Brantley Lake State Park outside of Carlsbad. We were traveling late from Durango and headed as close to Carlsbad as we could for the next day.