Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-31-2008, 01:54 PM   #41
2 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Valley Center , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
Have you noticed how when you take the cap off the common drain pipe to attach the flexible line, there's always a little "water" (that's how I like to think of it) that comes out no matter how long you let that line drain before you disconnected the line the last time.

Gene

I'm on my lunch hour, too, right now and my sides are aching from reading this.

Your story reminds me of the first time we were camping with no hook ups and our gray water tank filled up on us. I KNOW, I KNOW, it is a horrible thing to do but I decided to “relieve” the gray water tank onto the grassy ground below our trailer. Just enough so we could tow away to the dump station without the shower overflowing. That’s all.
I pulled too hard on the gray water handle and it came off in my hand…with the valve wide open. I got a nice spray of “water” on my face as I struggled to put the cap back on the dump outlet.
BogieGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:04 AM   #42
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Sovereign View Post

I pulled too hard on the gray water handle and it came off in my hand…with the valve wide open. I got a nice spray of “water” on my face as I struggled to put the cap back on the dump outlet.
Eeeeewww!

I bought a connector for my two hoses that combines a bayonet type of connection plus a wire that will rotate up the spiral of the sewer hose the prevent the hoses from separating. Yes, I had the hoses separate on me too, only it was the black tank I was draining...thank goodness it went on the ground and not on me! Sorry for the ground, but better it than me!
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote