Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-29-2008, 02:26 PM   #29
4 Rivet Member
 
Distantdrummer's Avatar
 
1975 31' Sovereign
Houston , Texas
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 494
'75 / 31' / rear bath / made in Ohio

But aren't all the valves similar?
The problem is a hypothetical BTW. I want to keep it that way.
thanks
dd
__________________

__________________
Distantdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:29 PM   #30
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distantdrummer View Post
'75 / 31'

But aren't all the valves similar?
The problem is a hypothetical BTW. I want to keep it that way.
thanks
dd
The similarity in the valves is that they are all white.

From that, the year, the length of the trailer, center bath, rear bath, all require different answers, in many things other than the toilets.

Andy
__________________

__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:11 PM   #31
Rivet Master
 
Wingeezer's Avatar
 
2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
To keep things simple, what year and length Airstream do you have?

Andy
Well, since I posted the concern, I'd certainly be interested in any informed comment/suggestions. Maybe I'm worrying about something that never happens - I hope!

We just acquired a 2005 Classic 30'


Brian.
__________________
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:34 PM   #32
Rivet Master
 
Gene's Avatar
 
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,842
Maybe the question ought to be, does this happen often?

How long do these things last?

Is there a solution on the road when you've got to open the valve and move on to where ever (apparently an RV shop)?

There are solutions to worrying about every possible thing that can go wrong—mild to strong sedation, for example, or being put in a coma. In the '70's (and even now), there were many "home" remedies.

Gene
__________________
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:25 AM   #33
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingeezer View Post
Well, since I posted the concern, I'd certainly be interested in any informed comment/suggestions. Maybe I'm worrying about something that never happens - I hope!

We just acquired a 2005 Classic 30'


Brian.
Yes, it happens, and so do earthquakes.

Forget about it and enjoy your Airstream, but take care of the PM's as necessary.

Andy
__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:00 PM   #34
Rivet Master
 
Wingeezer's Avatar
 
2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
Yes, it happens, and so do earthquakes.

Forget about it and enjoy your Airstream, but take care of the PM's as necessary.

Andy
Thanks Andy! Do I take it from your comment that in the unlikely event it DOES occur on the road, there are no "trade tricks" to getting it open in the least possible messy way in order to dump the tank and then install a new slide valve assembly?


Cheers ........ Brian.
__________________
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:13 PM   #35
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingeezer View Post
Thanks Andy! Do I take it from your comment that in the unlikely event it DOES occur on the road, there are no "trade tricks" to getting it open in the least possible messy way in order to dump the tank and then install a new slide valve assembly?


Cheers ........ Brian.
Unfortunately, that's about the size of it.

Andy
__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:05 PM   #36
Rivet Master
 
purman's Avatar
 
1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,542
This is what you do

Keep the TV runner, with the wife or other in the driver seat..

Get your drill with about a 1" bit in it.

Drill on fast speed into the pipe above the broken valve.

Once it starts coming out run like mad back to the TV

Then drive off and head for home.. FAST>>>>
__________________
Jason

May you have at least one sunny day, and a soft chair to sit in..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
purman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:43 PM   #37
Rivet Master
 
Wingeezer's Avatar
 
2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by purman View Post
This is what you do

Keep the TV runner, with the wife or other in the driver seat..

Get your drill with about a 1" bit in it.

Drill on fast speed into the pipe above the broken valve.

Once it starts coming out run like mad back to the TV

Then drive off and head for home.. FAST>>>>



Reminds me of a bumper sticker I once saw on a septic tank pumping truck,

It said "That ain't mud on your windshield lady!"


Brian.
__________________
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:20 PM   #38
Rivet Master
 
AirsDream's Avatar
 
1999 23' Safari
Perrysburg , Ann Arbor
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 914
I saw once on the back of one of these trucks that said, "You Bump - We Dump!"

And there's a septic service on the west side of the state that has it's motto painted on all of it's trucks, "Your s____ is our bread and butter!" ... except they don't use blanks. I've got a ball cap from them. I wear it whenever I WANT to offend someone!
__________________
AirsDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:53 AM   #39
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan
 
Minnie's Mate's Avatar
 
2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,693
Images: 7
I'm so glad I decided to check this thread on my lunch hour!
__________________
2006 30' Safari - "Changes in Latitudes"
2008 F-250 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab SWB
Family of Disney Fanatics
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:44 PM   #40
Rivet Master
 
Gene's Avatar
 
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,842
Primordial soup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate View Post
I'm so glad I decided to check this thread on my lunch hour!
It's enjoyable at any time of day or night.

I'm going to be afraid of pulling out those handles for years now. I've already had the flexible line come apart more than once no matter how tight I thought I made it, fortunately only with grey water.

Have you noticed how when you take the cap off the common drain pipe to attach the flexible line, there's always a little "water" (that's how I like to think of it) that comes out no matter how long you let that line drain before you disconnected the line the last time. Since every RV that was there before leaked a tablespoon or so of "water" in about the same spot, and you are in that place, perhaps sitting on it, what a pleasant thought. It surprises me that a new form of life does not emerge from the ground. Rubber gloves are not enough—I want one of those EPA moon suits.

Gene
__________________
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:54 PM   #41
2 Rivet Member
 
84Sovereign's Avatar
 
1984 27' Sovereign
Escondido , California
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
Have you noticed how when you take the cap off the common drain pipe to attach the flexible line, there's always a little "water" (that's how I like to think of it) that comes out no matter how long you let that line drain before you disconnected the line the last time.

Gene


I'm on my lunch hour, too, right now and my sides are aching from reading this.

Your story reminds me of the first time we were camping with no hook ups and our gray water tank filled up on us. I KNOW, I KNOW, it is a horrible thing to do but I decided to “relieve” the gray water tank onto the grassy ground below our trailer. Just enough so we could tow away to the dump station without the shower overflowing. That’s all.
I pulled too hard on the gray water handle and it came off in my hand…with the valve wide open. I got a nice spray of “water” on my face as I struggled to put the cap back on the dump outlet.
__________________
84Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:04 AM   #42
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan
 
Minnie's Mate's Avatar
 
2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,693
Images: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Sovereign View Post


I pulled too hard on the gray water handle and it came off in my hand…with the valve wide open. I got a nice spray of “water” on my face as I struggled to put the cap back on the dump outlet.
Eeeeewww!

I bought a connector for my two hoses that combines a bayonet type of connection plus a wire that will rotate up the spiral of the sewer hose the prevent the hoses from separating. Yes, I had the hoses separate on me too, only it was the black tank I was draining...thank goodness it went on the ground and not on me! Sorry for the ground, but better it than me!
__________________

__________________
2006 30' Safari - "Changes in Latitudes"
2008 F-250 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab SWB
Family of Disney Fanatics
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dump station etiquette HiHoAgRV Our Community 73 07-28-2009 04:57 PM
Radio Station- Diner Inland RV Center, In Airstream Trailer Forums 4 05-25-2006 07:56 PM
Latte in a Dump Station? swebster Off Topic Forum 7 09-27-2005 06:45 AM
Astrodome Radio Station Barbara Peerenboom Off Topic Forum 2 09-14-2005 08:36 AM
Dump station follies jcanavera Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes 34 08-21-2003 04:24 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.