Old 04-23-2011, 09:13 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Without trying to look or sounds like 2Air....

This topic was mentioned a few times previously. Try post 14 in http://www.airforums.com/forums/f42/...tml#post974359 where pacerized talks about plans to stay there.

Another thread introducing the Shooting star can be seen at New Airstream Resort to Open in May.

Steve
I knew I had seen it. I tried searching for it too but couldn't find it. It was brought up in the Hello from Michigan thread about a rally at a drive-in and I remembered at least formerly reading a post but it evaded my search. I have basically zero success with the forum search agent unless you remember who posted or the name of the thread. I miss 2Air. I guess this is another subject that has more than one thread now too. With a few weeks until opening I would be glad to hear more about it on anyone's thread.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Hi from Ga. . .we are going to try this place on our 'Western Swing' this Summer. If no one reports prior, we'll let y'all know. Looks like fun for big kids (like me) Regards, Craig

Old 04-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Longmont , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis4x4 View Post
My wife talked to the owner about their pet policy and pets are welcome. Read every post here twice and went to their website. How did you determine that this is a "members only" park?
I meant only that the camping sites are for Airstream owners only, no other types of campers or RVs allowed. I enjoy meeting other campers with different kinds of rigs other than the brand name I happen to now own, and enjoy camp sites where the welcome mat is out for all. I don't really see how exclusivity of Trailer Brand adds anything enriching to the camping/RVing experience, but then I've never been a club enthusiast. See you out in the boondocks...
Old 04-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by tphan
I happen to now own, and enjoy camp sites where the welcome mat is out for all. ...
I really enjoy talking to other Airstreamers and like being around them. However, I've never enjoyed being excluded or exclusive either. Sometimes I've wanted to stay at an RV park only to learn it was "Class A Only" ... it always kind of ticks me to be shunned when my trailer and TV are well kept and nicer than many of those class a types.

Where is your RV Park?
Old 04-27-2011, 04:59 PM   #19
1 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Colorado Springs , Colorado
That place looks fun and I love that area. Seeing a movie at the drive in would be a blast from the past, the last movie I saw at the drive in was Star Wars they don't have any drive in theaters around here anymore.

But since I have "vintage kin", a 1963 Avalair, looks like we are out.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:34 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

1981 25' Excella II
Dillon , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori View Post
That place looks fun and I love that area. Seeing a movie at the drive in would be a blast from the past, the last movie I saw at the drive in was Star Wars they don't have any drive in theaters around here anymore.

But since I have "vintage kin", a 1963 Avalair, looks like we are out.
I'll bet it would be worth asking. I'd hope anyone who appreciates old Airstreams to the point to do what this guy has, would appreciate your rig as well. It's not like it's a wbcci owned park. I miss old drive ins also, then only one's I know of in the state are Ft. Collins, Delta, and Montrose. The one in Buena Vista didn't open last year for the first time and that was the closest one to us.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
This place is going to have to be a destination! Looks like a lot of fun.

Our only other RV was a 77 Barth, purchased in 2001 with 40,000 original miles.

We had a great time in it, and it was wonderful for long weekends with a passle of grandkids.

We got a lot of condescending looks, some very close ones from law enforcement (those rolling meth labs, you know), but also lots of friendly inquiries and admiration for the condition of the interior.

Be yourself, do your thing, put on a big smile and enjoy your life. If some people or places snub you, avoid them.

Life is short. Do as much as you can for as long as you can.

Maggie
Old 05-03-2011, 08:14 AM   #22
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Rockville , Maryland
Is there a master directory that lists such "Airstream" parks?
**I Love U.S.A.**
JFScheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:25 AM   #23
one of those

2011 27 FB International
'03 F250 PSD , Airstream summers, Catalac winters
Quote:
Originally Posted by tphan View Post
I meant only that the camping sites are for Airstream owners only, no other types of campers or RVs allowed. I enjoy meeting other campers with different kinds of rigs other than the brand name I happen to now own, and enjoy camp sites where the welcome mat is out for all. I don't really see how exclusivity of Trailer Brand adds anything enriching to the camping/RVing experience, but then I've never been a club enthusiast. See you out in the boondocks...
I'm with you. Not much for the 'us and them' mentality approach to life in general.

But then, we're very much a minority where we live these days. Changes one's perspective.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:36 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1962 22' Flying Cloud
1964 24' Tradewind
Murray , Utah
Ive dreamed of running a similar kind of resort. So, its intriguing to me. I live in SLC, Utah. Ive finally replaced my totaled 69 Safari with a 62 GT.. Ive been trying and hoping to have it ready for this weekend.. but, its not. But, the 66 Datsun Roadster seems to want it! So, Im going to head south on 89 tomorrow and on to hwy 12.. My favorite hwy in the state.. I will roll into the park in the afternoon.. With my travel companion, my Airedale Terrier. Not sure where Im going to stay tomorrow, (im prepared to tent it) but if anyone sees me rolling thru and wants to have a beer or meal.. speak up! Going solo, so it would be nice to make some new friends and hopefully check out some old Airstreams! Enjoy southern Utah!
Jason
Old 05-05-2011, 10:53 PM   #25
Lost in America

2015 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2004 19' International CCD
Oak Creek , Arizona
Stopped to check out the Shooting Star last weekend as we were on our way to Capitol Reef. The owner was not there but one of the employees showed us around. He has bought up several older AS from 25' to 34' and fixed them up each with a movie/star theme. Built a drive-in style movie screen with old convertible cars to use as theater seating. Even a converted AS for a concession stand. There are RV spaces for Airstreams in a separate area.

He has taken on quite a project and don't know if all the finishing touches will be done by this weekend, but I plan to make it a base camp for some hiking in the area in the future.

The Nest Egg - 2015 Airstream International Serenity 27FB
Silverado 2500HD Chevy Duramax Diesel

mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:10 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Please take lots of pictures, and on your hike too!! And have fun.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:53 PM   #27
Lost in America

2015 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2004 19' International CCD
Oak Creek , Arizona
Here's some pics of the rental trailers, interior shots are John Waynes "The Duke". Shot of some of the rentals with drive-in theater in the background and some of the convertibles to be used for theater seating.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	theduke-BR_0009.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	129279   Click image for larger version

Name:	theduke-kitch_0010.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	129280  

Click image for larger version

Name:	drive-in_0023.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	291.4 KB
ID:	129281   Click image for larger version

Name:	drive-incars_0025.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	129282  

The Nest Egg - 2015 Airstream International Serenity 27FB
Silverado 2500HD Chevy Duramax Diesel

mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:04 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Charlie,

I believe the combination drive-in and motel near Monte Vista, Colorado, is still open. You can watch movies from your room. Never been there except to drive past.

Gene