Old 08-06-2015, 02:44 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member
2005 25' Safari
Stoughton , Wisconsin
The Woodruff, St. Germain area is a favorite as is copper falls and peninsula state parks. Wisconsin maritime museum in Manitowoc and Circus world museum in Baraboo. The Elroy Sparta Trail , if you like to bike, has some long railroad tunnels that you go through. The sugar river trail also has a long railroad tunnel to go through. Madison is also a very bike friendly city with a lot of trails. You have New Glarus brewing company in new Glarus. Capital brewing company in Middleton. The ale Asylum in Madison. Leinen kugel brewery in Chippewa Falls. Minhas brewery and distillery in Monroe. Don't forget about Lambeau Field in Green Bay and the science Museum in Milwaukee. There is really a ton of things to do. Hope you enjoy your stay in Wisconsin!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

1965 mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 02:49 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member
2000 30' Excella
2014 30' Classic
Princeton , Iowa
Old World Wisconsin, check one the web. Really good.

larryglarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 04:08 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member
Lived in WI for three years and traveled and camped the state extensively... but if I only had a short time to visit... it would be largely spent in Door County...

94 30 Ft. Front Kitchen Excella
99 GMC 2500 6.0L Ext.Cab. 8ft Bed

ARE Shell Topper
SKP46015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 04:47 PM   #18
Site Team
, Minnesota
I would not avoid Bayfield and the Apostle Islands in October just because it might snow. Snow would be a bonus in my opinion.

Also, Amish country between Tomah and Viroqua in SW Wisconsin is gorgeous in October, with harvesting and lots of activity.

And the best sight of all is the Sandhill Crane migration at Crex Meadows north of Grantstburg (West Wisconsin) in October. People come from all over the world.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 06:12 PM   #19
1 Rivet Member
1970 29' Ambassador
Paron , Arkansas
Great !! My wife and I are heading to Wisconsin very shortly and just started planning. Here is a cheese map Wisconsin Cheese Map if you wish to do cheese.
Another interesting cheese maker is here along with wine and cheese pairings
Wine & Cheese Pairings.
On our way up we plan a stop at Red Wing Shoes across the river in IL and will go on Up to JD and take a factory tour or two in Moline. JohnÂ*Deere Pavilion Then we'll cross the river into Wisconsin and hit the The Great Wisconsin Cheese Trail.
Somewhere in there we'll be fly fishing and spinning for a bite anywhere we can find a lake. I was floored when I read some counties have 900 plus lakes so it may be we can fish just about anywhere we camp.
The other item on our list is to take in all of the historical culture available and enjoy the different country influences and the native American history.
Thanks to all that have participated in this discussion.
Prabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 05:35 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
Mesa , Arizona
Don't see ourselves in WI anytime soon but it will be on the list. Had to subscribe to the thread because of the many great sounding places to visit.

Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:01 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
there is also the Ringling Brother museum in Baraboo. I second Wollersheim Winery.
Wisconsin has some fantastic SP's but pricey. They require a pass in addition to the camping fees. I asked for a "drive by", but was told if I as much as got out of the car (toilets included), I would get fined for tress passing.
I agree with everything that has been said, Wisconsin is a beautiful state and has alot to offer.

Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:29 PM   #22
2006 19' International CCD
Denville , New Jersey
Milwaukee has amazing museums, the RV oark on the grounds of the State Fairgrounds is open all year round, the ice runk there is home the US Olympic team. The rv pRk is in a great location for downtown, we like Madars for a German Dinner.
2006 Bambi CCD ("EireStream!!")
2010 Funfinder
2005 T@B
2001 Teardrop, Mountain Hardware Tent
For some perfection takes a little longer...
Sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:16 PM   #23
2015 30' International
Plymouth , Minnesota
Perrot state park near trempaleau is beautiful. One of the top 10 supper clubs (Ed Sullivan's) is close to the campground as well.

Skee75 is offline   Reply With Quote