Old 01-28-2009, 08:48 AM   #71
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Disney

Silver 67
It seems there is some type of change going on all the time.They stopped the hollywood studios bus in the meadow traders and moved it to the front of the campgrounds.There are still three colors to choose from to get to your site.
All the parks are doing renovations on there rides and things so we missed some of them because of that.I would think they will be done by march.

When it comes to knowing something about Disney Minnies Mate is the King on that subject.He helped me out quite a bit and then the rest is pretty much self explanatory at the parks.

We are still here right now and have been to all the parks but are going back to Magic Kingdom 1 more time.Breanna likes the rollorcoasters and splash mountain.We might even head to Epcot to ride the test track again.Who knows.We will more than likely stay at the Magic Kingdom though.The weather turned out great.It has been in the upper 70's and is going to get around 80 today.Shorts and t-shirts are the thing to wear.

For all you who know Breanna.She lost her first tooth the other day when we were in Animal Kingdom.We were about to get an autograph from Mickey and it fell out.They took pictures of them with her tooth in her hand and then Mickeys hand.She was loving it more when mickey was telling her to put it under the pillow and wait for the fairey in hand gestures.
When we were leaving the park when they were closing they remembered her and she was excited cause they were pointing to her about her tooth falling out.She could not stop talking about that the whole way to the campground.Disney is great.She will remember this the rest of her life.

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:59 AM   #72
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Wifi

Just to let everyone know.
I am in the 800 loop this time.Seems they had some sort of mixup and I went from the 300's to the 500's and then finally the 800's.
Well...I tried to get the wifi from in this loop and the signal is very weak.I can say though that I picked up about 8 or more from others who have there own wifi.I just used my own though.It works the fastest.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:06 AM   #73
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up

As Emmylou Harris would say...."This is Us"
YouTube - Emmylou Harris & Mark Knopfler - This Is Us (Letterman)

Just me I guess....enjoy!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	STREAM'N IN THE ADIRONDACKS 1.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	316.3 KB
ID:	74733  

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:20 AM   #74
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Most of the renovations are due for completion by the end of March as Devoman says with the exception of Space Mountain and the Hall of Presidents.

They are doing a major renovation to Space Mountain. In California, they took off the roof and removed all of the track (two separate coasters) and replaced them with a looping ride similar to the Rockin' Roller Coaster by Aerosmith's at the Disney's Hollywood Studios in Florida. This took about 18 months. Space Mountain at WDW is supposed to re-open in late fall 2009 so I'm not sure if they will replace all the track or just update the lighting and sound system. The loading area is supposed to get a make-over, though.

Also, the Hall of Presidents is closed until July 4th for the installation of President Obama and a complete overhaul of the audio/video equipment, lighting, and digitizing of the video that is used in the show. While many find the show boring, I find it inspirational and my kids actually enjoy the show, but we don't do it every trip. A really good alternative in the interim is the American Adventure at Epcot in the World Showcase.
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:21 PM   #75
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Here we go again

Well....Me and the little one will be there in a month.Hoping to check out some of the new things they have done to the place since the last time we went.
They were doing some refurbs on some rides and adding new things also.
Anyone have a chance to see the new things.
Minnies Mate?

Old 12-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #76
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoman View Post
Well....Me and the little one will be there in a month.Hoping to check out some of the new things they have done to the place since the last time we went.
They were doing some refurbs on some rides and adding new things also.
Anyone have a chance to see the new things.
Minnies Mate?
We were there in October for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. We were there just for the weekend and only went to the Magic Kingdom. We did see the Hall of Presidents. The sound system is improved with some of the changes to the film presentation portion. If it has been a while since you went to the HoP you probably won't notice a change in the film portion of the show. President Obama has been added and he gives the main speech by the Presidents.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 12-20-2009, 06:22 PM   #77
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
Disney's Ft. Wilderness

We just returned from Disney. We tried to catch the rides that we missed in previous visits. Found that the parks were bigger than we remembered-lots and lots of walking. The Disney Vacation Club is a big thing now. It seemed that 90% of the people we talked to were members. Disney has built several resorts just for the Vacation Club members.

Took the ferry to Ft. Wilderness-What a hoot! There is a Christmas display at the campsite next to the trading post. We thought Disney had sponsered it-wrong. The individual camper hauls a trailer with tons of Christmas decorations in it. The golf carts are all decored-lights, reindeer, tinsel, etc. We saw one campsite with a huge blow up projector screen. The kids were watching Polar Express while eating popcorn. Sure is roughing it. It may be worth your time taking the horse-drawn "sleigh" ride around the campsite. Lots of decorations and creativity.

H2K
Kathy and Hank
Old 12-30-2009, 08:46 PM   #78
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Christmas is our favorite time to visit Disney World. There are tons of folks who make it an annual pilgrimage with the mission of out doing their neighbors with decorations. Last year we were in the same loop with a lady that had over thirty inflatables on her site...all Disney. Unfortunately, we weren't able to go this year. This is the first Christmas since 1998 that we didn't make it down for the Christmas lights. There is always next year!
WBCCI# 4821
Old 01-01-2010, 12:43 PM   #79
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Disney

Tom
In the magic kingdom I was thinking about taking Breanna into the haunted house near the boat ride.It says it is for kids also but Breanna is talking about going in there now.She hates scary things though but I told her it was made for kids around her age from what I have read.Think she would have fun?You know.... she will be 7 this year in about 3 months.Thanks

Old 01-01-2010, 03:44 PM   #80
3 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
Scott AFB , Illinois
Hello, FW is our favorite, we were just there most recently in june. As far as something new, I'm not sure. They do change their vacation planning DVD's and the newest one will give updates and new features. So if you haven't watched the most recent one, thats what I would recommend.

Have a blast....
Old 01-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #81
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Steve,

The haunted house is dark but quite tame - I think Bree would be fine - it's real fun ride. Starts off with some 3D stff coming out off the wall but moves on to a ride format with songs and music.

We are going back in June I hope - we now have a 5 year old as a new addition - cannot wait to see her face at Disney.

I will say it again, get the book "Unofficial Guide to Disney" at a book store and read it cover to cover - lots of great information.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:13 PM   #82
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Steve

The Haunted House is not as bad as the Pirates of the Caribbean. There are no jump outs or screams. It is mostly lighted characters that look to be behind screens.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:14 AM   #83
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Neither of my boys liked scary things when they were young and I had to reassure my youngest that nothing would hurt him. The HM soon became his favorite ride in fact we had to get a copy of the movie for him and even got one of the movie posters for his room.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 01-04-2010, 07:58 AM   #84
Rivet Master

2008 30' Classic S/O
Dearborn , Michigan
We've been to FW on 3 separate occasions, here's some of what we 'discovered'...

- there's no site-specific reservations, so they do a lot of 'jockeying' at check-in.. all three times they 'downgraded' my site at check-in, didn't catch it the first time (had no idea there was full / preferred / premium)... suffice to say, got exactley what I wanted third time around...

- didn't hang around on check-out day. topped off tanks, emptied waste, then pulled over to the overflow parking (next to entrance) where we setup boondock camp. Since it was early, there was plenty of parking. From there, we spent another day swimming/parks/etc... just don't try to spend the night there <grin> we had sheriff 'woody' run us out of there (even tho there was a class 'A' and two 5th wheels still there)

- watch out for the golf carts... it's only a matter of time before they crack down on these- almost been run down, walking thru the non-lighted loops at night, by what appeared to be under-age/inexperienced drivers

- enjoy Wilderness Lodge amenities. If you're close to the boat launch, hopping on a ferry is quick and easy... they have a much nicer pool (haven't seen the 'new' pool at FW), and pool-side restaurant