Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-05-2011, 07:53 AM   #1
Certainly Blessed
 
rebelstand's Avatar
 
1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,791
Didn't Know You Could Tow That -As seen On the Road

On our recent trip to Fort Wilderness at WDW, we noticed some very interesting RV towing scenarios. Maybe since we are new to RV's we've never noticed this before but I thought I'd list a few of them and see if anyone had better ones to share.

Class A with a trailer that was longer than our truck & 27ft A/S together.

Class A towing a trailer that was towing a golf cart on a trailer.

Class A towing a boat that was towing a jeep.
__________________

__________________
Nicki

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:05 AM   #2
Rivet Master
 
funkill's Avatar

 
1973 27' Overlander
reno , NV
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,447
Images: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
On our recent trip to Fort Wilderness at WDW, we noticed some very interesting RV towing scenarios. Maybe since we are new to RV's we've never noticed this before but I thought I'd list a few of them and see if anyone had better ones to share.

Class A with a trailer that was longer than our truck & 27ft A/S together.

Class A towing a trailer that was towing a golf cart on a trailer.

Class A towing a boat that was towing a jeep.
I saw a setup something like this tooling down I-75 last week. I just can't imagine ME ever feeling comfortable with all that in tow.

I also saw some AMAZING horse trailers (living quarters), some of which were being towed by equally amazing Class A's. $$$ Ka-Cing $$$
__________________

__________________
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:10 AM   #3
Certainly Blessed
 
rebelstand's Avatar
 
1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,791
Actually, that was seen by us at a rest stop on I-10 in florida. I guess they then headed down I-75 as well....
__________________
Nicki

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:11 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member
 
1972 21' Globetrotter
nc , North Carolina
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 253
Images: 2
someone told me as of 2011 in north carolina you can't tow that way anymore.
__________________
rock60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:15 AM   #5
Rivet Master
 
funkill's Avatar

 
1973 27' Overlander
reno , NV
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,447
Images: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
Actually, that was seen by us at a rest stop on I-10 in florida. I guess they then headed down I-75 as well....


Sounds like we were in the same area for sure ... and it could have been I-10 - was on both too Did you happen to see the slide-in Argosy towing an Argosy? That was way cool!

laura
__________________
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:17 AM   #6
Rivet Master
 
tkasten's Avatar
 
1965 22' Safari
Vassar , Michigan
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 847
Images: 6
Last summer on my way to Kentucky from Michigan I stopped at a rest area and parked next to a 30' AS pulled by an XKE Jaguar. The car was tiny compared to the AS. I mentioned his Jag probably didn't have any trouble pulling the AS thanks to the big V8 motor. He said it was a V12 and the only problem he had was trying to stop. Wow!
__________________
Tim
TAC MI 14

Everyday is a Saturday
tkasten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #7
Certainly Blessed
 
rebelstand's Avatar
 
1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,791
Nope..missed that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkill View Post
Sounds like we were in the same area for sure ... and it could have been I-10 - was on both too Did you happen to see the slide-in Argosy towing an Argosy? That was way cool!

laura
Oh...man! We missed that one!! Although, we saw more A/S on this trip than any other we've been on.
__________________
Nicki

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #8
Certainly Blessed
 
rebelstand's Avatar
 
1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkasten View Post
Last summer on my way to Kentucky from Michigan I stopped at a rest area and parked next to a 30' AS pulled by an XKE Jaguar. The car was tiny compared to the AS. I mentioned his Jag probably didn't have any trouble pulling the AS thanks to the big V8 motor. He said it was a V12 and the only problem he had was trying to stop. Wow!
Wow is right. Wouldn't want to be in front of that one coming down a mountain!
__________________
Nicki

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:46 AM   #9
Rivet Master
 
aftermath's Avatar
 
2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,133
Years ago I was with a group of guys on a fishing trip in Montana. We were sitting around the campground when in came a pickup truck pulling a 20 foot (or so) trailer that was pulling a 16 foot fishing boat. This was the first "triple" I had ever seen and it was quite a sight.

Triples are still allowed in some states and I believe that the only restriction is in total length. Can you imagine the hassle you would have to deal with when you got to your destination?
__________________

__________________
aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
towing


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The long road ahead..... prob All Argosy Trailers 10 11-26-2011 08:32 AM
New Tow Vehicle - 2010 Dodge 2500 sgray Tow Vehicles 13 01-11-2011 08:41 AM
Onward from Picacho kingfisher24 On The Road... 7 01-08-2011 08:26 AM
Preparing for a new life on the road RON.SPACEMAN Member Introductions 4 01-01-2011 01:20 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.