Old 01-14-2006, 08:48 PM   #15
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
65GT - we rented locally - someone slid into our truck and we needed a replacement while it was being fixed. We use it to tow equipment trailers for our business.

State farm told us no one rented a truck w/tow package... I got on the phone and called local franchises of the big names.... guess what - they all had trucks/with tow pkg for rent! But.. i agree - they are not listed on the websites. Get on the phone - make some calls. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 02:36 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member

hey guys, thank you all so much for your replies. I think that the best way to go will be to find a truck in portland that has a tow package and then go drive to denver and back. I would hate to get to denver and be uncertain that I will be able to get the right truck. I am also palnning on taking out much of the original interior to give the trailer a more open feel. I know that this is sacrelige for many pureists, nut I have to live in the thing. Should I just trash the cabinets and beds etc. or is there a market for these things? I am really excited about the whole prospect and also excited by the quality of people in this community.

fool

p.s. what is the show whose lead character called people "fish eyed fools?". answers in the form of a question please. and no goole help. The winners will be treated to one free breakfast the next time they are in portland.

Old 01-15-2006, 03:30 PM   #17
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eyed fool
p.s. what is the show whose lead character called people "fish eyed fools?". answers in the form of a question please. and no goole help. The winners will be treated to one free breakfast the next time they are in portland.
It wasn't the lead character who used the term, it was used on him (Red Foxx). So my question is, what did Fred Sanfords sister-in-las Easter call him in the show Sanford and Son?

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 09:14 PM   #18
1 Rivet Member

"watch it sucka" looks like you owe me breakfast for showing me up, smarty pants.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:17 PM   #19
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
You got it! Let me know when you get to Phoenix

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 09:23 PM   #20
1 Rivet Member

You have a great looking trailer, and better tast in t.v. Cheers, Biily
Old 02-15-2006, 09:04 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

I made it

i rented a f-150 from hertz, got a couple of riders from craigslist and drove out and back. the rental for three days with unlimited miles was $350. i got about $230 from the riders. all told with the rental, gas, and one night hotel i spent about $600. I lucked out with the weather and the truck pulled the trailer great. there are a million things that "could" have gone wrong but they didn't. i just kept looking at all those pics of AS being pulled by oldsmobuicks and went for it. thanks again for all the imput.

fool