Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-20-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2008 19' Safari SE
Denver , Colorado
Denver storage/shelter?

Hi all, I'll be bringing my new-to-me 2008 19' Safari SE back to Denver from the frozen North after picking it up in January. I'll be working on getting it all ready to go (towards warmer climes) for at least a couple of weeks, possibly a month. Anyone have suggestions of where to put the Bambino in the Denver metro area where I can work on it, but safely leave it overnights or a few days, since I have a place to stay here, but nowhere to park it where I'm staying?

I have a line on a place with big ol' guard dogs at night but outside with no hookups (dry camping and no power), and I am checking into a possible (but oh so pricey) place where I can rent a garage big enough to keep the Bambino inside in a more or less heated area with power, but I thought I'd check in to see if anyone has any leads for me to chase down.

TIA for any ideas!

Zina

Blog: 300 Miles or 3:00
zlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:13 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Unfortunately, your options are pretty slim this time of year for RV/boat storage...indoor places fill-up in the fall and nobody vacates much until spring. You may check the smaller municipal airports for hanger space...but as you put it, they are "oh so pricey". I would go to the airports and checking their notices boards, they oftentimes have shared hanger space offered.

Good luck!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2008 19' Safari SE
Denver , Colorado
Quote:
I would go to the airports and checking their notices boards, they oftentimes have shared hanger space offered.
What a great idea, I hadn't even thought of hangar space! Thanks, Shari!

Zina

Blog: 300 Miles or 3:00
zlee is offline   Reply With Quote