Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
2012 dodge 4x4 diesel

1975 Argosy 22
Truckee , California
decent campgrounds between Texarkana and Nashville?

howdy! will be cruising up 30/40 and looking for some safe clean camp grounds if needed along this route. I think I would like to avoid camping around Memphis. Any suggestions? will be continuing thru Knoxville towards Asheville.

gypsybanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:00 PM   #2

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
If you're just looking for an overnight, this one probably isn't worth it because it's not near the Interstate and it's not a bargain, but if you're going to stay a day or two and see Hot Springs, Catherine's Landing is a very nice resort-style park.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
2012 dodge 4x4 diesel

1975 Argosy 22
Truckee , California
thats a good option, thank you!
Old 03-09-2013, 02:13 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
1966 26' Overlander
Wainscott , The Hamptons, Long Island
Montgomery Bell State Park a bit west of Nashville and a bit north of I-40 was good. I also stayed at a campground on the east side of Nashville just up the road from the Opry house. Can't recall it's name but it has benn recommended here often. Something river?
Beer Snob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:16 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
1966 26' Overlander
Wainscott , The Hamptons, Long Island
Found it....http://www.tworiverscampground.com/index.html
Beer Snob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:05 AM   #6
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Closer to Texarkana, I stayed at DeGray Lake Resort State Park, and enjoyed it immensely.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:47 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
There are some camping sites in the Little Rock area. Someone asked about that recently and I put some info here: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f42/...ml#post1264298

Little Rock is centrally located in Arkansas.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #8
2012 dodge 4x4 diesel

1975 Argosy 22
Truckee , California
great info folks, I love this forum!!
Old 03-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari
Tunnel Hill , Georgia
Even though you are not interested in the Memphis area, Tom Sawyers RV Park in West Memphis, AR is a nice park on the Mississippi River. The water front sites sit right on the river with great views of the river traffic. On the day you leave you can park your rig (no charge) at the Welcome Center off the first I-40 exit on the TN side of the river, take the trolley downtown and enjoy some good music and food. If you are in town at 11:00a.m. you can watch the duck parade in the lobby of the Peabody Hotel.

Two Rivers RV Park in Nashville is near the Opryland Hotel. If you do not want to drive into downtown you can catch a shuttle that will drop-off and pick-up on Broadway in the heart of the music and dining district.

Sevierville and Pidgeon Forge TN offer numerous camping opportunities off I-40 east of Knoxville. These two communities are very near Gattlinburg TN in the Great Smokey Mountains.

Remember its not the destination, but rather the journey.... its what's in the middle that matters the most!
Bk Yd Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #10
2012 dodge 4x4 diesel

1975 Argosy 22
Truckee , California
yeah, I'm looking at that Two rivers campground, and was wondering about that shuttle as I would like to spend some time at some honky tonks on Broadway. If I can locate a good one with out line dancing at least! do you know if the shuttle runs late in to the evening back to the campground on a weekend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bk Yd Safari View Post
Even though you are not interested in the Memphis area, Tom Sawyers RV Park in West Memphis, AR is a nice park on the Mississippi River. The water front sites sit right on the river with great views of the river traffic. On the day you leave you can park your rig (no charge) at the Welcome Center off the first I-40 exit on the TN side of the river, take the trolley downtown and enjoy some good music and food. If you are in town at 11:00a.m. you can watch the duck parade in the lobby of the Peabody Hotel.

Two Rivers RV Park in Nashville is near the Opryland Hotel. If you do not want to drive into downtown you can catch a shuttle that will drop-off and pick-up on Broadway in the heart of the music and dining district.

Sevierville and Pidgeon Forge TN offer numerous camping opportunities off I-40 east of Knoxville. These two communities are very near Gattlinburg TN in the Great Smokey Mountains.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari
Tunnel Hill , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsybanker View Post
yeah, I'm looking at that Two rivers campground, and was wondering about that shuttle as I would like to spend some time at some honky tonks on Broadway. If I can locate a good one with out line dancing at least! do you know if the shuttle runs late in to the evening back to the campground on a weekend?
I dont know the schedule, but the office at Two Rivers can help here is the phone #615.883.8559. Too many honky tonks to mention on Broadway all the way from the Bridgestone Arena east to the river.

Remember its not the destination, but rather the journey.... its what's in the middle that matters the most!
Bk Yd Safari is offline   Reply With Quote