Old 04-20-2015, 08:45 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2007 20' Safari
Saco , Maine
Here are a bunch of instruction articles and a YouTube video. https://www.google.com/search?source....0.Pjjmwi6kGAc.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:12 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Aldie , Virginia
Thanks Howie - I ask as it was discovered last season halfway through that the constant release of the tanks pressure valve was due to the bubble not being set correctly earlier in the season and we were forced to re-establish it to correct the issues. I was trying to see if anything special was needed up front. Turns out no.

2011 Airstream International Serenity 28' - 30a/taupe
2013 Ford F150 v6-ecoboost with max tow and HD payload packages

Old 04-21-2015, 08:06 AM   #17
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Hey Marty. It's fresh water and can go right on the ground. If anyone questions it's source go over and take a drink to prove it. Now if it's COLD up there in Maine you don't want to make an ice slick so beware.

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:20 AM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2007 20' Safari
Saco , Maine
Freshwater with anti-freeze.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:41 AM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2007 20' Safari
Saco , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
Not sure you need a video.

I fill the fresh water tank with CITY water while the fresh water tank drain is open. This cleans the tank. While the tank has water in it turn the pump on and go to each faucet, hot and cold, and run till clear water comes out. This purges the antifreeze from the lines.

Connect the city water to the city hook up. Now slowly open, just leave it cocked a bit, the bypass on the hot water heater and fill with water. You will have to open a hot water faucet while doing this to let the air in the tank out. I say to use city water for this because there may be some antifreeze in the piping from that connection to the rest of the system.

You have now added about 2 gallons of water to the gray tank and that can wait till your first trip to dump or you can drain it while flushing the system.

Nothing needs to be done at this time for the black tank.

I let the fresh water tank drain completely before turning off the drain cock.
Where is the drain for the fresh water tank? I took my new-to-me 20-foot 2007 Safari to the dealer to de-winterize and so I would see everything, but we flushed the system via the city water hookup and apparently forgot to do anything about the fresh water tank. I need to fill it and let it rinse, as everything else has been purged with city water.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:36 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
I've not seen this posted before, but a thought to consider. When I winterize I also trip the Hot Water Heater breaker to OFF. In this way if plugged in at home and someone accidentally pushes on the HWH switch in the bath it will not burn out by trying to heat air.
paiceman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:28 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineStreamer View Post
Where is the drain for the fresh water tank? I took my new-to-me 20-foot 2007 Safari to the dealer to de-winterize and so I would see everything, but we flushed the system via the city water hookup and apparently forgot to do anything about the fresh water tank. I need to fill it and let it rinse, as everything else has been purged with city water.
The fresh water tank drain will be on the curb side behind the tires. It is a 1/2 turn plastic valve. If the "Stealer" only flushed the system via the city connection you still have anti freeze in the pump and the line leading from it. Put some water in the fresh tank and run the pump to purge that antifreeze.

I like to completely fill the fresh water tank and then let it all drain when I dewinterize. City water has chlorine and I have always found it enough to clean the tank.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:40 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
In 1976 brilliant AS engineers did not put drain valves in fresh water tanks, only way to empty is water pump and does not drain all water out of tank. So every time dewinterizing have to sanitize or before winterizing. I do not winterize, have heated storage drain black and gray tanks pump fresh as much as can. I have not used AS in winter for many yrs.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:46 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2007 20' Safari
Saco , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
The fresh water tank drain will be on the curb side behind the tires. It is a 1/2 turn plastic valve. If the "Stealer" only flushed the system via the city connection you still have anti freeze in the pump and the line leading from it. Put some water in the fresh tank and run the pump to purge that antifreeze.

I like to completely fill the fresh water tank and then let it all drain when I dewinterize. City water has chlorine and I have always found it enough to clean the tank.
Sorry to be so unfamiliar with the water system, but . . . is there a switch that needs to be turned on to run the water pump and turned off when not in use, or does the pump run automatically if one has water in the fresh water tank and turns on a faucet (with the electricity turned on, of course)?
Old 05-21-2015, 05:15 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
I not sure where yours is - mine is located with the micropulse tank monitor on the kitchen wall. There are 3 switches on the bottom - one of them is for the pump. Good luck!
Old 05-21-2015, 09:30 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
There are generally 2 switches. One in the bathroom and one on the control panel. They are set up so either one will put the pump on or off. Once the pump is on it will run automatically against system pressure.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote