Old 03-09-2007, 09:21 PM   #1
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Dallas RV Parks?

I have a few days of business in Dallas at the Market Hall, and am looking for an RV park or courtesy parking nearby. The event is in late April.
My internet searches all pointed to parks that are 30 miles or more out of town, which does not interest me. It needs to be close by, or I will have to take a hotel room and leave the Airstream at home. Any locals with suggestions?? Any and all help would be much appreciated.

Old 03-10-2007, 08:03 AM   #2
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
We used to live up north in Denton, and my memory of the area is that there wasn't just a whole lot in the area. I know of a park over in the Arlington area (never saw it, though), but there's another right off of I35E on the south edge of Denton. Sorry, though, that I can't remember its name!

Lynn

Old 03-10-2007, 08:28 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
N.E. , Texas
Send a message via AIM to wannastream Send a message via Yahoo to wannastream
UWE,

I don't live in Dallas now, but I did previously. Dallas is a great place to visit, not a bad place to live either, as big cities go. But the area that the Market Hall is located in is quite developed, it's on Hwy 35 a few miles North of downtown.

There are RV parks around the metro area perimeter but you'll need to commute from your trailer into the metro area if you decide to take the trailer.

Now I've not stayed at the park I'm about to mention, I don't yet have a trailer. There is one in Arlington near Six Flags over Texas (info below). Arlington is a nice part of the DFW Metroplex and the drive to the Market Hall would not be too bad from there.

This park is:

Dallas Metro KOA
(formerly All Seasons RV Park)
2715 S. Cooper St
Arlington, TX 76015
Toll Free: (800)562-3705
Phone: (817)277-6600
Fax: (817)277-4545
E-Mail: dallasmetro@koa.net

Camping in North Texas, Texas

You might want to give them a call or email.

I hope this helps.

Bill
How I treasure every minute, being part of, being in it, with the urge to move on"
wannastream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:35 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Cedar Hill

TPWD: Cedar Hill State Park
Old 07-03-2007, 12:06 PM   #5
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
We're from Dallas. Easiest place to use for ALL of Dallas north of downtown (as well as being in a good neighborhood) is SANDY LAKE RV PARK, at the intersection of I-35E and the 190 Tollroad. To Market Hall is straight south on 35; during congestion try 190 East, then the Dallas North Tollway south to Cedar Springs Road. Either way is 30-40" during normal traffic.

We have our 1983 Silver Streak parked there today as we clean up our storage rooms and are working/living in the trailer to get it updated for our needs.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:32 PM   #6
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDNAX
We're from Dallas. Easiest place to use for ALL of Dallas north of downtown (as well as being in a good neighborhood) is SANDY LAKE RV PARK, at the intersection of I-35E and the 190 Tollroad. To Market Hall is straight south on 35; during congestion try 190 East, then the Dallas North Tollway south to Cedar Springs Road. Either way is 30-40" during normal traffic.

We have our 1983 Silver Streak parked there today as we clean up our storage rooms and are working/living in the trailer to get it updated for our needs.
Thanks to all for the tips and helpful hints. Obviously the event is already over, and I ended up staying at the Renaissance, next to the Market Hall. As is turns out, quite a few RV's were parked behind the building, with people "low keying" it in the parking lot. Generators were runnning, but no awnings were deployed or chairs set up outside the RV's. Must be that they just don't enforce, sort of like a quiet understanding..of course I could have stayed there also. Next time I'll know better. Much prefer the Airstream over what they call a "luxury suite" at the Renaissance Hotel.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:13 PM   #7
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
The better restaurants and nightlife is close to the Market Center. My father used his 1975 Silver Streak for business-related conventions (oil & gas exhibitions) a number of times -- a nice tax break plus the comforts of home.As he depended on many of his clients employees, and came to know them over the years (decades in some instances) he'd put on a barbecue with plenty of spirits once the set-up was done. I drove over from San Antonio to Houston to attend one of these and it was a far better thing than the big dollar spreads put on by the majors. Relaxed, informal and plenty of fun in the parking lots of Houston's Astrodomain (Astrodome and adjoining facilities).

I think you'd find that the police patrol carefully, the private security is quite good at the Market Center (usually long-time Dallas police -- great guys and gals,many of whom I dealt with in a professional sports center capacity), and the break from the day with those who see that things run on time, etc, makes the trailer worth the trouble.

PM me with anything.