Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-30-2015, 10:31 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Eugene , Oregon
Courtesy parking in Oakland CA area

Hey...I just brought home my 2015 Flying Cloud, Sophia hauled by Maxine my 2008 Tundra. Fabulous combination! My issue: My daughter is awaiting my first grandchild in Oakland in the next 3-5 weeks and I want to be with her. Hoping to find a kindred soul who would be willing to trade massage (I am licensed) and some $$ to park her. I know real estate is tight there, but thought it was worth a shout to this fabulous community. Thanks in advance...Atheness aka Kate from Eugene Oregon.
atheness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 05:58 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Holladay , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by atheness View Post
Hey...I just brought home my 2015 Flying Cloud, Sophia hauled by Maxine my 2008 Tundra. Fabulous combination! My issue: My daughter is awaiting my first grandchild in Oakland in the next 3-5 weeks and I want to be with her. Hoping to find a kindred soul who would be willing to trade massage (I am licensed) and some $$ to park her. I know real estate is tight there, but thought it was worth a shout to this fabulous community. Thanks in advance...Atheness aka Kate from Eugene Oregon.

Take the Golf Links Rd off of I 580 and go toward the Oakland Zoo (north). Wind around about 5 miles until you get to Grass Valley Rd, bear left onto Grass Valley Rd. Go about 200 yds. and look to your right for an abandoned Safeway store. Pull into the parking lot. It is across the street from a fire station. We just returned last night from Oakland and stayed 4 nights in that parking lot. No one said a word, no police or anyone else. We took our grandsons to see the fire engine, and asked the firemen if we could stay in the Safeway parking lot and they told me what I am going to tell you: it's probably illegal, but I've never seen anyone patrolling it. Again, we stayed 4 nights, never moved the Airstream, and no one said anything to us.

Normally we stay in the Chabot campground, but our son told us to try this place as it is closer, and free, and it worked out. If it doesn't work out, you can go to Chabot, which is a great campground.
FlashSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:30 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Eugene , Oregon
Thanks so much for that great info. I so appreciate this forum and the amazing folks who contribute to it. Perhaps our trails will cross!
atheness is offline   Reply With Quote