Old 03-18-2004, 07:37 AM   #29
Rivet Master
1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Here we go...
Just spoke with Kathy in membership, she reserved "7627" for us.
So, our coach named "Spirit" will have a number with a little story...

"Abe" & Melissa Lincoln
1976 Overlander "Spirit"
2005 Suburban w/q-steer
Hensley Hitch
vajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 10:30 AM   #30
Rivet Master
2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
I have found the people in membership easy to work with, glad you got your numbers, that also makes them easier to remember. Now all of your little gadgets, Y connectors, extension cords, gang boxes put your numbers on them. When at rallys all these parts look alike and if you have your numbers on them they will come home to you. I also like to put a unique piece of paint on my stuff, my color is rustoleum med green. That way my craftsman wrench looks a little different from yours, my son-in-laws are international orange.

Keep the shiny side up.
WBCCI # 348
Past Region 3 President
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 02:15 PM   #31
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
Thanks Mr Timbo!

Just got back from the trip north. Courtesy parking in SC, courtesy of "Mr Timbo" was the nicest part of the whole trip! I heartily recommend it to everyone.

And this is exceptional, but "Mrs. Timbo" made a very nice dinner of roast pork and vegetables. I slept very well parked in their back yard last Sunday night!

Thanks, Tim!

-- Rich
Former full-timer | AIRSTREAM LIFE magazine | Tour of America (old blog) | Man In The Maze (current blog)

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 03:03 PM   #32
1975 31' Sovereign
Newberry , South Carolina
Just wanted to say this was our first experience at courtesy parking, and it was a great experience for us also. I would recommend both trying and offering courtesy parking. "Mrs Timbo" said don't count on a meal everytime though. If any one is coming through South Carolina and needs a place to stay give us a hollar.

Mr Timbo
MrTimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 06:37 PM   #33
Cartoon Character
2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Originally posted by MrTimbo
"Mrs Timbo" said don't count on a meal everytime though.
Yep .. Mrs. Timbo is right. I would be grateful for a place to just park and get a few winks at night. A meal should never be expected ... that was very very generous.

I would assume that it would be good manners for the guest to offer some type of small gift or token (inexpensive but somewhat thoughtful) of appreciation for the courtesy of parking.

My father taught me to never show up empty handed. We're trying to think of something to carry with us that we could give as a way of saying thank you without being "over the top." Any suggestions?
WBCCI #3405 Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 06:49 PM   #34
Just a member
1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
A bag of Pork Rinds?????

Honestly a small gift is a nice idea, before you leave you could lay in a supply of items from your current hometown. Food based items seem to be appreciated, I think we all will agree that having something else to dust is not what we want.

Finding a case of little known salsa, or special blend jam or jelly would serve you well. Once you run out it also gives you something to look for in your travels.
Brett G
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 06:52 PM   #35
Magazine publisher
Commercial Member
Ferrisburg , Vermont
I'm planning to give out sample magazines starting this summer ...

I've noticed that Airstream folks LOVE pins. It would be very cool to have some sort of neat Airstream pin to give. See for examples.

You could carry a Polaroid and shoot pics of you & the hosts standing by your trailer -- to appear on their refrigerator or scrapbook.

We also sometimes give people little nip-sized bottles of maple syrup. $1 each from our local shop (mail order house Dakin Farm). This is more because so many people don't know good maple syrup from the fake stuff -- it's our obligation as Vermonters to educate them!

And little food items are often appreciated. I've never seen anyone turn down a pint of Ben & Jerry's!
Airstream Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 08:44 PM   #36
4 Rivet Member
A knife!

Since I am a Floridian and a southerner...I know there are times when everyone needs a small knife for sumthin'....there are neat but inexpensive ones all over in stores and on the internet.....

Just remember the receiver of a knife by custom needs to give the giver any coin or it's bad luck!
The Silver Buffalo
Saturn with Blue OX towbar
WBCCI # 14067
zduke4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 07:53 AM   #37
1975 31' Sovereign
Newberry , South Carolina
Rich's gift to us was his company with us. We naturally had Airstream in common but we also had a love of aviation. I think we could have talked all night. I think if more people would just treat other people the way that they would want to be treated the world would be a much better place.

MrTimbo is offline   Reply With Quote