Old 03-10-2004, 10:08 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally posted by GT6921

We live in the heart of the Kawartha's nestled in a rustic but quaint Hemlock Forest (Chattering Woods) named for its talkative squirrels. A popular vacationing spot in the Canadian Shield right next to one of Southern Ontario's most beautiful lakes - Stoney Lake (On the Trent Severn Waterway).

With our recent waterfront purchase this past October - a nice 8 min evening stroll can offer our new A/S guests (and hopefully life long friends), a moon light paddle, or a star gazing cruise, serenaded by the ever endearing call of the Loon.

WOW! That sounds like a summer paradise. I bet you get lots of takers with a description like that. What an awesome idea courtesy parking is!!!

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 10:30 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Thumbs up

Rick,

Will say hello on our yearly trip to Ocracoke from Richmond!!!
We go each September for the last 15 years!!! Not sure if we will have our coach by then (should be ready by October!)
Let me offer our street side parking in Richmond VA! Before October we will have 30 amp service and cable!
If you happen to be a Nascar fan consider your self invited!! We have parking at our house in Richmond and my parents place Bristol. both spots less than 2 miles from the track..
Look forward to getting to know you!

Abe

Old 03-10-2004, 02:37 PM   #17
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
Thumbs up This is GREAT

You guys are too much. I got THREE offers of courtesy parking based on this thread, and I wish I could accept them all!

I'm going right past Mr Timbo's place so I'm going to stop there Sunday night. (Thanks, you're saving me from a night at Wal-Mart!)

From there I am headed up I-77 to I-81 all the way to PA. Anyone along that route in the area of northern VA, western MD, or southern PA who wants to talk aluminum for a few hours? I've got a vintage Caravel and the tour is free!

-- Rich (smiling wide thanks to generous Forum members)

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 04:29 PM   #18
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Rich, I'm afraid all I can offer you is a spot that is only 20 miles from your starting point. but its on the way!

Seriously, I should have indicated "courtesy parking" available at my house. There's room. no hookups, but there's room. Its woodsy, too.
Old 03-10-2004, 04:30 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
Wow!!

This is sooooo coooool!! My 30' Classic is still a couple months away and already I'm looking forward to joining the WBCCI!

I'd love to stay in some of your "facilities" sometime. Unfortunately, my home is in a restricted development so I can't reciprocate.

John
Old 03-10-2004, 05:57 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
Abe, you couldn't pick a better time to be in Ocracoke than Sept & Oct. Most of the tourist have headed north and locals and fishermen (sometimes one and the same) are about the the only ones there. You don't have to have a 4x4 to drive south to the point, don't know if you have ever done that. The road looks a little scary but I have done it in a sedan. Let me know when the time gets closer. BTW the ENCU has a rally on Hatteras in mid Oct weather permiting it would be fun to slip over there for a day or two while you are down.

Rick
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 11:47 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Cool

Rick,
I will give you a shout when we get closer to September. I have the paperwork to join WBCCI. I need to get the serial # off our coach and then hopefuly try to chose a number that would fit our year. Maybe 7627? or 2776 or just see if it is available.

I think you know the couple that we are getting the coach from... Trailer Buff (Dave and Martha Markel)

I feel sure we would like to go to the Hatteras rally. You could help us "knock the new off"....

We were looking at Airstreams last year and were suprised just how many we saw on the way to Ocracoke! We found three on Ocracoke!! We left the island right before Isabel hit... It slamed us here in Richmond.. We were with out power for 9 days... In the city proper over 10,000 trees were blown down....

Ps have you heard of the fishing boat named "Autopsy"?

Abe
Old 03-11-2004, 03:29 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
Abe we will be looking forward to seeing you when you come down. I have a niece getting married on 9/11 so we will be out of town on that weekend but so far that looks like the only date that and our local rally on the 17-19. Let us know as the date gets closer would love to meet you.
If you are getting a unit from Dave and Martha you can rest assured that it is as they represent it to be. They do a wonderful job of restoration and I'm certain that you will be happy your new baby.
The number 2776 is currently being used, but as of the lastest issue of the membership directory 7627 was not.
North Carolina was having its state rally in Hatteras last year when Isabel came through. That is why you saw so many Airstreams. Many had come in early to take advantage of the beautiful weather and the beach. There is not prettier place to be than on the beach in the early fall.
I haven't heard of the Autopsy but that's not a big surprise. I have never done any offshore fishing. Once a fisherman finds a boat and crew that he likes he uses them almost exclusively.
Looking forward to seeing you in the fall, our Sept rally is in Powhatan, Va between Williamsburg and Jamestown. Depending on the date that you come through and the route (just off I-64) you might want to make the rally one of your stops on the way to the beach. It would give you a chance to meet others and see just what the club has to offer.
Rick
Old 03-11-2004, 09:04 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Rick,
Our week in Ocracoke is from 9/11-9/18. We usually stay at the Quality Inn at mp 16 1/2 on the way down, so we get the early ferry.
We would love to visit your rally on our way back on 9/18. We love to take our time heading back to the real world after 7 days at Ocracoke....
Will look forward to the visit on 9/18!
Abe
Old 03-12-2004, 10:45 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
Do you stay in the federal campground or the one by the British Cemetary? I don't blame you for wanting to take your time getting back to the real world after visiting Ocracoke. We used to do our anniversary there in July but it started getting so crazy that we stopped. We try not to visit until the summer season (memorial day to labor day) is over. I'll have to give you directions to the Powhatan Campground.
Rick
Old 03-16-2004, 06:06 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Rick,
We haven't camped camped on Ocracoke yet, but would stay at the campground neat the British Cemetary. (thay have 5-6 spots with sewer hoockups) Land has become so valuable on Ocracoke that several people are living at campsites. We spent several hours "checking out" possible camping options last September. We might go back in October if we have our trailer.

I have my application for WBCCI, Martha Makel (5977)is our sponsor. How would I go about requesting that number (7627) to see if it is still available?
Thanks,
Abe
Hensley Hitch
vajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 06:21 AM   #26
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Abe,

Call WBCCI Headquarters and tell them you are in the process of send in your application. They will be able to tell you if the number you want is available. If so they will hold it for you. 7627 is not in use in my WBCCI directory so you may be in luck.

Headquarters is 937-596-5211
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 02:57 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
Abe I think there is a place on your registration where you can request a number. In my case I used the number of the previous owner since he was buying a motorhome other than Airstream and no longer had an Airstream product.
Like thenewkid said just a phone call should be all that is needed.
Old 03-16-2004, 04:11 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Thanks all,
I will call HQ tomorrow and see if they will hold that unused 7627 number. For our 1976 27 footer. I must have an old request form.

Abe