Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-18-2009, 08:58 PM   #41

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
We both carry concealed handguns everywhere we go. You never know what may happen. We are fortunate that as retired US Customs Special Agents, we are authorized by federal law to carry concealed weapons in all states.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:43 AM   #42
Rivet Master

1999 27' Safari
Kent , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts View Post
Folks, we have had gun discussions here before that needed to be closed because of the drama that such a controversial topic stirs up. This thread is about concealed carry permits and travelling from state to state in your RV. I'd like to see the thread stay on that topic, else the moderators may need to step in. Please help us out and stick to the topic at hand.

This is exactly the stuff that is going to undo these forums. The only drama, is posts like the one I just quoted, and is the main reason why people like me, who dont like drama, are spending more time at other Airstream forums sites, like http://forum.wbcci.org

Fire arms are a very serious matter, and things posted, even in fun, can be a cause for concern later. I could only imagine what could be brought up, or dug up, if god forbid, you ever needed to defend your self in front of a jury, and the creativity of a prosecutor or anyone else.

I personaly liked how this thread was going, It was my thread. The input from Law enforcement, is esspecially helpful, and just like knowledge on an Airstream repair we all share from being there before. This is knowledge, that hopefully we can all share so our families ect wont be in a bad situation, which so many people have also been before.

There was a questioned asked about CCW for Mossburg. It is my understanding, that CCW is for short barreled guns. Dont quote me, and I am sure there is a varience state to state.

Once again for Cheifneon, I thank you for all your knowledge, #8 took me a few times to read, I will yell "Sig" though.
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:37 AM   #43
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
<Moderator Hat ON>

Mustang, allow me to remind you that this is an AIRSTREAM forum, not a firearms forum. There are dozens and dozens of places out there you can go talk guns. We allow a free range of topics in our off-topic section. Gun and politics threads (among others) cause the moderation staff to have to monitor almost every posting to make sure that someone isn't violating our policies. It becomes very tedious for us, especially since this topic was exhaustively covered in:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161/packing-a-gun-mister-3360.html

probably one of the longest-running threads on the Forums. Further, lest you think I'm out to spoil your thread on a controversial subject, if you take time to read that entire thread, you'll find I was one of the most frequent posters in that thread throughout its life.

Stef's direction to stay on topic about CCW licensing across the U.S. was neither inappropriate nor unreasonable. It was the topic that you started the thread about. Our job as moderators is to ensure that everyone is comfortable here and that the "Play Nice" rule is followed by everyone in a potentially controversial subject.

Roger

<Moderator Hat OFF>
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:30 PM   #44
4 Rivet Member

1966 30' Sovereign
1963 22' Safari
orlando , Florida
It might be a good idea to call ahead to a state's highway patrol leaving your conversation on recorder at their station w/ a fax from the station to cya.Cops (especially at night) do not liked to be surprised and value a written notice. I have a permit but even more responsibility is a plus.
richie rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:38 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1993 34' Limited
Melbourne Florida , Springfield Ohio
USAcarry.com is a pretty up to date website. Works for me.
willyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:00 PM   #46
2 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
The Office of the Attorney General in most states is a good source of reliable information on reciprocity and other regulations dealing with CCW issues.

20' 2008 Safari SE, Dill TPMS Silver Dog House
2007 GMC 1/2 ton Sierra ARE Cap
AIR # 10494
reddogfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:49 PM   #47
4 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Dayton , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Alwhisman
Other than crossing a national border, you can transport anywhere, as long as it isn't concealed, and the weapon and ammo aren't within reach of you.
Alwhisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:33 PM   #48
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
While it's hard to imagine that more could be said about CCW, etc..than what was covered in a the previous thread:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161...ster-3360.html
It's interesting to note the major differences between not only the states but, between the regions of this great country..
ciao
53FC
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:10 AM   #49
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by purman View Post
...And in Colorado, make sure you do it in your house or drag him across the thresh hold and hose the blood of the front porch. Lot less paper work this way...
That would be tampering with evidence and change a good shoot into one that is questionable. I've had a carry permit in TN. for over 8 years and carry 40% of the time. Why? I worked at two max. prisons in the past and I know what lerks in the minds of some people. TN. has reciprocity with many states and as noted in an earlier thread, USAcarry.com as well as carryconcealed.net are a good source of info.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:23 AM   #50
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Craig, what Jason means by dragging someone you just blew away inside, is that then the Colorado Make My Day Law applies—it doesn't on the porch. But you are right about tampering and if the cops figure out you dragged the corpse inside, it'll just get a lot worse for you. And since credible reports show police crime labs are badly run, just about any kind of results, true or not, may come out of them.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:35 AM   #51
3 Rivet Member

1957 22' Flying Cloud
Lone Jack , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
And since credible reports show police crime labs are badly run, just about any kind of results, true or not, may come out of them.

Gene

Yep, if you can't attack the evidence, you need to attack the witnesses!
Pop.528

"You better learn it fast; you better learn it young"-John Fogerty
Larry in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:17 AM   #52
4 Rivet Member

2008 16' Safari
Destrehan , Louisiana
So much depends on were you are and who you shoot. In Massachusetts any use of a firearm is going to land you in trouble. The standard for self defense is so high that you are proably going to found guilty of some crime if you use a weapon to defend yourself. I know a man that defended himself in a knife attack and was convicted of man slaughter. Why? He was at a bar. The state argued that he knew there was a risk by being there and he should have waited for police to help.
In many states in the deep south, the standard is much different. I live near New Orleans. A man here shot and killed someone breaking into his car. He was in no danger. The theif was in the car; he was in his house. The police rulled it justifiable. Why? Here, your car is an extension of your home. He was just defending his property. Also, the kid he killed had a long criminal record.
Each state has a different standard and I don't believe that you can count on things being the same as you travel accross the country. Common sense goes a long way. Don't brandish your gun in public. If you are stopped by the police, let them know right away that you have a gun. If you're not sure of the local laws, lock the gun in the trunk, trailer or tool box. Once you are camping, your trailer becomes your home. In most places, you are allowed to defend your home unless there is a notice that no firearms are allowed.
dlb435 is offline   Reply With Quote